TSReddy

Indica or Santro or Wagon R or What else?

Greetings

A friend of mine seeking my advice as to which car to buy for about 4 lakhs.  Functionality and reliability is the most important consideration.  To serve for a long time with less maintenance is the most important consideration.  The space in Santro or Wagon R or indica is satisfactory.  I donot know if I missed  other models.  I took him around and showed him the above listed 3 cars yesterday.  Petol/LPG or Diesel car is desirable.  There is a fear of taking risk on new engine designs.  It is good to have an engine that has been around for a few years.

I read a lot of old posts on this board last night. 

My friend will be driving about 1000 Kms per month.

So, for about 4 lakhs, what is your recommendation.

Thanks

TSR  

Welcome Mr Reddy - whomsoever you are. Your profile is blank.

I think this matter has been discussed extensively on the Forum, and please do a search to find the threads.

Mods: May consider closing this topic.

sgitk:

I have searched all the 25 pages that are available.

I think that it is very sad that you are too eager in your recommendation to close this thread.  I sincerely trust that you do not repeat yourself on this forum in your posts.  If some one wants to respond let him choose to do so.  If you are not interested, you need not respond.  Let the post die on it's own if no one is interested .

It sure wold be nice to be kind and courteous.

This post is not meant to be offensive.

TSR     

I think the Spark is also a good option especially the LT option will come under your budget with current discount and GM has a clever maintainance package also now spark is available with LPG.

sgitk:

I have searched all the 25 pages that are available.

I think that it is very sad that you are too eager in your recommendation to close this thread.  I sincerely trust that you do not repeat yourself on this forum in your posts.  If some one wants to respond let him choose to do so.  If you are not interested' date=' you need not respond.  Let the post die on it's own if no one is interested .

This post is not meant to be offensive.
[/quote']

I do not know what you are talking about. I am not exactly in the habit of shouting my mouth (or keyboard) off. To be charitable, all I will say is that you never probably did a search?

A search for Topics with Santro as the keyword yielded 5 pages for the past six months. WagonR yielded two pages, Swift yielded 5 pages, as did the i10 (since it is effectively to replace the Santro in the long term). After the i10 was launched posts directly related to the Santro tailed off.

The sub 5L category is the most popular one for discussion about what car to buy.

An advice: You do not post your name or handle in the main text since it always appears on the left!

Sir, I think the perfect car to suit his budget would be the Hyundai i10 1.1 Era or You can go for the Maruti Zen Estilo VXi. Its a car based on Wagon R with similar space, seating and same engine. Though many members may say that its a bad car but it got overshadowed due to Maruti's wrong planning and positioning of the car. It costs similar to Wagon R but inpite of being a bit more modern and better looking, The wagon R sells in more numbers. However the car has more features and includes safety equipments like ABS and Airbas in optional VXi model which none of its competitors offer.Maruti made the mistake of naming it Zen Estilo instead they could have named it Estilo Because this car was no way compared to the good old Zen and its more focusedon relaxed comfortable driving.The zen Estilo VXi and owning a Maruti means peace of mind that would make the deal sweeter.Please ask for discounts.