bhoolkumehul

Engine Oil for TVS Fiero

use company recommended 20w40..other grade oils will have different viscosity..using other grade oil will affect engine performance,fuel effeciency,cause over heating of engine.

You can safely use 10W40 or 15W40 but keep in mind that as the Winter Grade of these oils is too Low, these will be Costlier than 20W40.

I would recommend Castrol Activ 20W40. But buy it from Reliable Castrol Dealer or Distributor since Castrol is imitated due to its Popularity.

EDIT:

BTW what is the ambient temperature of Surat? If its hot there, you can try Castrol Activ Xtra 20W50.sudeepd2009-06-12 06:36:34

You can safely use 10W40 or 15W40 but keep in mind that as the Winter Grade of these oils is too Low
i didn't understand this.

Multigrade Oils have this format "aWb". The Lower the Figure Before W, Costlier the Oil gets.

I mean to say the Oil of Grades 10W50, 20W50, 10W40, 15W40, 15W50 are Costlier than 20W40.

I am pasting the Statement of Mr. SGIITK mentioned in the "Lubricants Questionaire" topic. So this should clear your doubt.

Now for aWb: W is winter grade. In multigrade oils, you have the lower figure specifies the viscocity of the cold oil. The higher figure specifies the viscocity of the hot oil.

A low starting figure means the oil is thin, and is good for cold starting both in terms of viscosity and hence circulation. A high ending figure means that under load the oil film will not fail.

Thus 10W50, 20W50, 10W40, 15W40, 15W50 can always be used in place of 20W40. In other words the lower figure (the number Before "W") should be equal or can be lower, while the upper figure (the Number After "W") should be equal or higher.

Now TVS-Suzuki recommends to use SAE 20W40 for TVS Fiero (or Suzuki Fiero).

So I Recommend you to use Castrol Activ 20W40. But Please buy from Reliable Source since Many Fake Castrol Oils are sold.

HI,

no problem in using 15W40 oil as well otherones which u have specified.

Because lower the first number i.e. 15 higher the performance of engine oils at low temperatures tats y the letter W (stands for 'winter').

Higher the second number i.e. 40 more your performance at high temperatures.

but u should not go for grades like 25W35.

Go in for Motul. See the Difference. I do not know if its 20W40 but if definitely mkaes my unicorn very responsive & lasts longer than the regualr castrol.

Go in for Motul. See the Difference. I do not know if its 20W40 but if definitely mkaes my unicorn very responsive & lasts longer than the regualr castrol.

yes as you said motul will be good choice. I am really unsatisfied with the castrol activ 4T 20-40. Its make no difference at all. I personally feel the hero honda oil is far better than the castrol for my cbz. May be i have used a duplicate castrol oil.
rki20072009-06-14 14:13:10