rameshbabu.n

Sun control film for windshield

I had gone in for Garware Suncontrol ICE COOL SHIELD speciality sun control film on the front glass (wind shield) of my Xylo. After doing a mini research on the options available, I have zeroed on to this branch and model (Ice Cool Shield) which is specially designed for windshields. The sealed box came at a price of Rs 2,850/- containing one film for one windshield. Fixing charges extra. It has got a 50% heat reduction capability with 99% UV rays reflection and 70% VLT (Visual Light Transperancy).

The film came with a 5-year warranty card (placed in the round sealed hard paper box). I also got all the other windows (3 on left side, 3 on right side and one back door window) covered with Garware Suncontrol Ice Cool film (costing another Rs 3,000/-). Unlike the other cars which use 30 inch film, XYLO require 34 inch film, as the windows are large in size. The front windshield, with the film on, is really useful in reducing the heat in the car to a large extent, as the front glass is really huge. After fitment, I have driven the car in the late afternoon, evening, early night and late night with no perceivable impact. This is for your information. Feel free to ask questions. Ramesh Babu
FuelRunGod2009-07-29 15:02:48

Well legal permissible limit for front and rear transparency is 75% and sides is 50% also I would avoid using film on the windshield because it really cut vision during night. But if you still want then try a 80-90% transparent one because its for your own safety . Try Vkool films they have 80% front visibility films and cut 98% UV ,though they might be expensive but I think it should be more safer.

LLumar coloured film (fancy yellow) is 95% transperent and cuts glare upto 98% , expensive but worth it , u can also get it in green , red and blue shade , but yellow is extremely transperent . It reflects the light back hence make it extremely bright at night time .

Thats pretty cheap for the front windscreen film. The other branded one's cost upwards of Rs.5,000. So you mean to say that there is no visibility issues in the dark without and with street lights? Did you by any chance get to drive in the rain?

I had gone in for Garware Suncontrol ICE COOL SHIELD speciality sun control film on the front glass (wind shield) of my Xylo. After doing a mini research on the options available, I have zeroed on to this branch and model (Ice Cool Shield) which is specially designed for windshields. The sealed box came at a price of Rs 2,850/- containing one film for one windshield. Fixing charges extra. It has got a 50% heat reduction capability with 99% UV rays reflection and 70% VLT (Visual Light Transperancy). The film came with a 5-year warranty card (placed in the round sealed hard paper box). I also got all the other windows (3 on left side, 3 on right side and one back door window) covered with Garware Suncontrol Ice Cool film (costing another Rs 3,000/-). Unlike the other cars which use 30 inch film, XYLO require 34 inch film, as the windows are large in size. The front windshield, with the film on, is really useful in reducing the heat in the car to a large extent, as the front glass is really huge. After fitment, I have driven the car in the late afternoon, evening, early night and late night with no perceivable impact. This is for your information. Feel free to ask questions. Ramesh Babu

I am also thinking of getting it done for my Scorpio. I too liked the Garware Ice Cool Shield front windscreen suncontrol film and they were quoting some Rs 32K. Meanwhile the light tan sunfilm on my Scorpio

I think the price quoted for your windshiels is too much and costs more than the windshield a good front windshield costs around 8-10k and more than that are premium varient which are better off in Merc and Bemmers.

As per the detailed information printed on the sealed box, the Ice Cool Shield surpasses all the mandatory and regulatory requirements of RTA (in the VLT area). That is the exact reason why I have gone in for Garware brand, even though there are other brands available. Only Garware gives a perfect 5-year warranty and RTA compliance undertaking. I am yet to come across any other brand doing that. I did not drive in the rain so far (there is no rain in Tirupati in the last two days.....). As I said earlier, the filmed windshield did not in any way change or affect my driving style either in the evening or in the night. I am fully satisfied with this film. Cooling improved dramatically (now I use AC on 1 instead of 2 or 3 earlier).

I had gone in for Garware Suncontrol ICE COOL SHIELD speciality sun control film on the front glass (wind shield) of my Xylo. After doing a mini research on the options available' date=' I have zeroed on to this branch and model (Ice Cool Shield) which is specially designed for windshields. The sealed box came at a price of Rs 2,850/- containing one film for one windshield. Fixing charges extra. It has got a 50% heat reduction capability with 99% UV rays reflection and 70% VLT (Visual Light Transperancy). The film came with a 5-year warranty card (placed in the round sealed hard paper box). I also got all the other windows (3 on left side, 3 on right side and one back door window) covered with Garware Suncontrol Ice Cool film (costing another Rs 3,000/-). Unlike the other cars which use 30 inch film, XYLO require 34 inch film, as the windows are large in size. The front windshield, with the film on, is really useful in reducing the heat in the car to a large extent, as the front glass is really huge. After fitment, I have driven the car in the late afternoon, evening, early night and late night with no perceivable impact. This is for your information. Feel free to ask questions. Ramesh Babu [/quote']

Thanks for this valuable info. I am getting home ANHC in 10 days. If you can please tell me which screen to go for and how much will it cost me. Also, please tell me the permissible visibility level. You must have definitely done a detailed study before fixing one for you. Thanks.

yes i got this film pasted on i20 also... & the price was 2700 including labour charges.. 1400/ for front glass & 1300 / for side glasses plus rear.......

overall i got it in 2700/   ...... it is superb.. what a superior qulaity of anti glare technology. night driving goes 100 times easy.. AC is also responding in nice way..... overall satisfied with its performance

Using film on windshield is not allowed but still there are films ranging from Rs.550-1300. I have a santro xing & have heat resistant film on the windshield costing Rs.750 but nothing is visible from outside people cant see who is driving, the film makes it totally dark.

RTO doesn't allow such film plus you can put a dark film on the side windows but making it coated inside & outside of the glass this will make the glass totally dark. Its a good heat resistant but difficult to drive in night unless you get used to it.

Note From Admin: Please do not use SMS language here as it is against the rules of the forum. I've corrected it this time. Ensure you go through the announcements section for the rules before proceeding further.
FuelRunGod2009-07-29 15:05:04

I have a santro xing & have heat resistant film on de windshild costing 750 but nothing is visible from outside people cant see who is driving' date=' the film makes it totally dark RTO doesn't allow such film plus u can put a dark film on the side windows but making it coated inside & outside of the glass this will make the glass totally dark.Its a good heat resistant but difficult to drive in night unless u get used to it[/quote']
If the Driver of your Car is not visible from ahead of the car, why have you installed such dark film on the windscreen? smiley36.gif
Does not the Traffic Cop stop you for this? smiley7.gif
If no, then you are very LUCKY. smiley32.gif

MODS: Please warn this person as he is using SMS Laguage in his every post.

Note From Admin: Please avoid using excessive smileys, it makes the post harder to read.
FuelRunGod2009-07-29 15:05:59

In my city its not that strict but if i have to got to a Metro as in Mumbai i will surely be fined for it.But as i don't go that often its ok for me but the car looks damn cool in the dark glasses as well u have your privacy as people don't peep into your car.

I would not recommend going for darker shades - when there is no light or when it is raining it becomes too difficult to judge 2-wheelers with poor lights and cycles from the window side.

Hi Guys,

Go for the std approved Garware Ice Kool for the Front Shield..It is dark enough and works just fine.

as for the sides I went for a shade darker than the RTO approved. Also from Garware...

AshTheDash2009-07-30 12:05:10

It is indeed dangerous (for you, legally and for other road users, practically) to use dark-shade film for the (front) windshield. I spoke to RTA guys who say that the approved ones are almost close to transparent so that the visibility is not compromised. The film helps in reducing the anti-glare of headlights of on-coming vehicles and helps a lot in the night-driving stints. If someone is putting a darker shade, it is legally wrong, even if it reduces the sunlight and heat. In AP, the traffic police chaps will certainly stop, seize the vehicle, if one does not carry the `certificate of authenticity and approval' (locally known as warranty certificate - for 5 years) which clearly indicate the Central RTA's approval specifications.

For this specific reason, I have gone in for Garware (and not other imported brands or unbranded stuff), which provides the needed certificate along with each carton of the film. I carry this certificate in my Xylo E-8 always. That way, you are on the right side of the law. Those who have gone in for cheaper stuff should, preferably, have a serious thinking about replacing such illegal stuff with legal stuff which enhances the driving pleasure.
FuelRunGod2009-07-30 19:31:24

the garware film is lighter shaded. Though it provides 99% UV filteration and heat ut it doesnot filter the incoming light. Because of  this the lighter shaded in not so good to provide protection against glare specially during night driving which in turn is more unsafe to your eyes. because you have to stress on your eyes during night drivin. I think the rules should be formulated using brains. what is the use of rule  if it is harassment for public and tool for gathering bribe by corrupted COPS

?  

GARWARE SUN CONTROL WINDOW FILM (3 Years Warranty) Side Windows VLT50% & 70% for Rear & Front Glass.. in total 2700 Rs,,,,,,,With Certificate of Approval under rule 100 of central vehical rules 1989.......  NO CHALLAN is POSSIBLE WITH THIS RANGE & PRODUCT.. IF SOMEONE STOP YOU FOR CHALLAN ASK HIM TO WRITE CHALLAN UNDER MOTOR VEHICLE ACT 1989...

it is just a trick to earn bribe by traffic policemen.........

smiley7.gifim feeling shame on system while writing this here...... in chandigarh @main traffic lights my hired taxi was stopped by cop just because X of its number was Half misplaced.. after harashing us for 25mins he damanded rs. 500/- settelment was made by taxi driver in 300/- after taking 300 , he gave him a chit written 3 on it.. this chit was given to pass  next three barriers without tension......

when this time of system is present i India how we can take the responsibility that this will not happen again. smiley7.gifsmiley7.gif 

BTW it was my experience hope none of u will face this....

opt garware film as i wrote in the starting of this post , & ask for printed bill for same.smiley1.gifFuelRunGod2009-07-30 19:30:54

I have got the sun film pasted on my Chevrolet Aveo UV-A 1.2 . I have spent Rs. 5500 for rear glass and side windows, including labour charges. The film is T-35 of V-cool with ISI mark printed on it.  The colour is light blakish. I am fully satisfied.

I have got the sun film pasted on my Chevrolet Aveo UV-A 1.2 . I have spent Rs. 5500 for rear glass and side windows' date=' including labour charges. The film is T-35 of V-cool with ISI mark printed on it.  The colour is light blakish. I am fully satisfied.[/quote']

Can you please let me know the ISI mark film is confirming to which IS standard? If you will see carefully the IS number must be marked on it.  The IS standards are very old and are seldom revised. The EN standards or ANSI standards confirm to superior quality standardization. I Think 3M Sunfilm confirm to ANSI standards.

Is anybody using Llumar sunfims ? How are they ? I have leather seats in my car and i have to park my car a lot in open spaces in direct sunlight so the the inside of the car and the seats get very hot. So i have to put the sunfilms on the glasses. Please suggest the best.

GARWARE SUN CONTROL WINDOW FILM (3 Years Warranty) Side Windows VLT50% & 70% for Rear & Front Glass.. in total 2700 Rs,,,,,,,With Certificate of Approval under rule 100 of central vehical rules 1989.......

there is a wide range of products by garware.... i got my i20 filmed with this product... & i too have leather seat covers. heating in open sun light is a property of? leather.. but major problem is car's dashboard. i got relief from this heating after filming.. & in past 3 months no one stops me for filming. as it seems to be transparent. BUT OPT ANYONE WITH CERTIFICATE & BILL ONLY

you can check pics of my car after filming in topic named..

Acessories for my i20

on page number 2 of this Accessories & in car entertainmentCYRUS432009-09-29 17:09:53