rameshbabu.n

Sun control film for windshield

Your car looks very good. Are your seat covers real leather or art leather covers ? Garware films are in the range of 1200 and up and Llumar ranges starts from 1800. I got these quotes from the shops here in Kolkata. Garware is the cheapest while others like 3m and Llumar are more expensive than it. I am not sure what specifications i am being offered at these prices.

visibility is only affetced if u choose unauthorised or cheap product... no way in quality or branded products.. in my case the visibility goes improved as sunfilm has anti glare technology... it becomes very relaxable/easy to judge vehicle cming from opposite side without blur of front beam from opposite side car headlight.

. in my case the visibility goes improved as sunfilm has anti glare technology... it becomes very relaxable/easy to judge vehicle cming from opposite side without blur of front beam from opposite side car headlight.

What Brand & Price, if possible also mention where exactly (shop)

i got this package @ rs.2700/ Plus dnt remember exact ammount as bill is in my car & car is in garage.... but it was upto 3000/ only for overall..

shop is in INDUSTRIAL AREA Phase 1 Chandigarh just back to honda's & hyundai showroom in ind area phase 1 chandigarh...

. in my case the visibility goes improved as sunfilm has anti glare technology... it becomes very relaxable/easy to judge vehicle cming from opposite side without blur of front beam from opposite side car headlight.

What Brand & Price' date=' if possible also mention where exactly (shop)
[/quote']

brand & price are in my previous post ... plz chk it on 1st or 2nd page

price is in between 2700 to 3000.

Hello?everybody...I'm?Tieizo? new to this form infact to any forum this is my 3rd post i soon will?be getting?Honda city i wanted to is garware suncontrol film good?

I am getting it for free with my car. Some one plz lemme know.... Many thanks.... App it.CYRUS432009-10-02 20:04:06

@ Tieizo ...if u r getting it free it is good.........  garware is a good company providing a wide range of products.. but even u r gettiing it free make sure to get its bill on printed format which mention its validity as per motor vehicle act 1989/.........  BTW congratulations for new purchase......

its my plzr........ i never hesitate to share information that i have.... i m also using garware anti glare sun film which provides me protection from heat in a day & from blurred front light in night..

please add some pictures of your new sedan.. when u get its delivered smiley1.gifsmiley1.gif

Dear All,

I am planning for front windshield sunfilm for my i10.

Choices are Garware icecool shield. VLT is 70% and. TSER is 50%.

Price 2800/-

VKool VK70 VLT is 73% and TSER 55%.

Price 12600/-

Queries --

First of all will garware film cut the glare from opposite vehicles? Also I have i10 which beige dash reflects sometime. Will fitting sunfilm reduce this glare or increase it?

Worst part -- Have fitted VK70 only on doors about 5 months ago (My cousin did it). However didnt find that effect which is claimed by Vkool. Though he has got me a genuine warranty card.

Your views appreciated.

I've been using the Lummar film and its been a good heat rejector. Helps cooling and also helps the AC deliver more effectively.

An effective AC would mean better fuel efficiency too. My swift petrol returns about 16kmpl in the city. A highway drive does not deliver more - ghat sections and speeds like 90-100 keep the FE down.. get about 18kmpl on a highway run. I've never driven my car without an AC. So these are really pretty figures. The front glass film might have contributed meagerly by about 1kmpl but it still counts smiley1.gif

I am using 3M CR70 as for scratches yes it is inevitible but you can reduce it with easy cleaning from inside the dash

Its costs Rs5000 ,it reduces the glare at night but the beige will reflect off your car do anything it will reflect . The best thing is to go to interior decorator and get a black leather stitched on the top of dashboard.

Thank you everyone.

Let me take a look again and then decide. As I have seen lots of scratches on my friend's captiva.

@rssh -- Can you let me know the black leather stiched on dashboard.

Garware has launched a new Alpine range that is similar in cost to the Ice Kool range from the same company.Heard better reviews of the Alpine.But as sgiitk says be careful with the cleaning job. Scratches and micro scratches may become a problem if the surface is cleaned with improper material.The best is moist chamois leather like cloth of superior quality. Need to have a separate cloth only to clean the glass area.

I personally do not recommend a full film cover for the windscreen. A small strip on top is still ok.

Also as far as I know, it is against traffic rules. Recently a new rule has been made for using films with visibility restrictions (50% only) in the metros. (Correct me if I am wrong)

In Kolkata a drive was conducted by traffic dept to catch cars with low visibility films and with films on windscreen. So please check with rules before doing it.

A topic on this subject was already there earlier :

37 members posted their comments there and 2,164 views were generated on the same topic.

All the issues raised here have been covered extensively there.

There is not much to add except one thing. 

As sais by Anjan_c2007, Garware may have launched a new product in this category. 

The moderators may merge this topic with the above indicated topic.

Threads merged: Please search before creating new threads.

@Rameshbabu, Use the report post option or PM the Mods if anything has to brought to their notice.
BornFree2010-07-09 19:16:53

I had also narrowed down to garware ice cool shield. However all experienced members advised against front windshield.

I wanted to install to see whether the glare of dash would be reduced