Sudarsh_Kumar

Car Maintenence of Sedans

Hi, my name is sudarshan and im new to this forum. Im interested in purchasing a sedan but im concerned about its maintenence. Im interested in views from people who already own any sedan and how much they spend on maintaining their cars.  

First tell us which budget sedan are you looking for ? It varies drastically from brands to segment etc.

If say you are going for SX4 and you have a swift now then cost wil be 40% more but in the same segment the citys will cost 30% more on Sx4.

Welcome to ACI Forum Sudarshan, Regarding your requirement and budget the best sedan which would be easier on the pocket to maintain as well as to buy would be the swift Dzire Petrol(VXi) because the Diesel variants starts roughly Rs 5,57 lakhs ex-showroom(LDi). Look what i can say is that having owned 12 cars which includes both hatchbacks and sedans to SUVs, What I can tell you is that there are many sedans available within Rs 5 lakhs like Hyundai Accent Executive, Eco LPG variant, Ford Ikon 1.3 Rocam, 1.4TDCi Duratorq, Swift Dzire Petrol(LXI,VXI),Mahindra Logan 1.4 GLX., Tata Indigo GLX .Now Narrowing on your budget Swift Dzire VXi fits the bill nicely(only if You can increase your budget upto Rs 50,000 more). Its the middle level model and its the best selling model in its model range because it has features such as Electronic power steering, Front and rear power windows, Fully integrated FM/MP3/CD player, 4 speakers, Central lcking system,Rear centre armrest,Rear adjustable headrests and a very huge and useable 464litre boot.Dzire has the best quality materials and is the best value for money product in its segment.The rev happy 1.3G series 87bhp engine produces 11.9kgm of torque @ 2000 rpm is simply a brilliant unit(Its Maruti Esteem derived) and is  fuel efficient as well. City fuel mileage would be 12km/pl and highway 16km/pl.Plus its a Maruti Suzuki product so Maintenance would be easier on your pocket and hassle free. As far as customer satisfaction is concerned Maruti Suzuki Is Still the KING...Go for it. Its the sedan perfectly made for your familykeeping in mind your requirements .take care. swiftvxi062009-06-18 09:25:19

You can look at the accent as it come easily under your budget and the engine is good enough and best part is maintainance would be lesser costing . Extend your budget and go  for Dzire Vxi .

Sudarsh, i own a fiesta and can recommend you that car. its around 5.5 lakh in mumbai and delhi and its maintenence is fairly low for a sedan. if you have any questions, feel free to ask. 

The Ford Fiesta 1.6 EXi is a good buy and it is the petrol station's best friend.Ford fiesta petrol especially the1.6litre versions are not as fuel efficient as Swift Dzire VXi and their maintenance costs are way much more compared to Maruti Suzuki.I can confirm this because we own 12 cars and among them Swift Dzire ZDi and Ford Ikon Tdci duratorq whereas Dzire's maintenance is less as it is a Maruti Suzuki product.And since its 1 year old and we are so much satisfied with the product that we are buying another Swift Dzire now VXi variant. The Dzire VXi gets you more equipments compared to Ford Fiesta 1.6 EXi and it costs less too.

dont go for sedan in this budget,,,,,, it will lead you to choose a cheap car...in this budget come to hatchback world...... u will find a lot of cars with space....

like wise, I20 , Punto.. Fabia....... as per concern of space........

other wise swift, ritz, indica, are there.......

but if u can't come down from sedan...then opt second hand Honda city, or Hyundai Verna....... it will be good & one or two year old cars will be in your budget

my budget would be around 5 lakh give and take. how much is the SX4. rssh and anyone else could you recommend me a sedan which is good on maintenence but also a good performance car?

Your point of performance car is relative, for some a performance car can only be a V8 fire breathing monster while for some even a i10 Kappa would become a performance car.

If at 5 lacs you looking for a sedan which obviously means you will have fair amount of luggage then rule out small hatchbacks.

The best bet for your is the Indigo CS which is neither a hatchback, nothcback, bustleback or a sedan, unique some where in between, with a good booth space.

Go for the diesel Tdi or the DICOR, reliable, cheap to maintain service not a issue and best of all will fit right in your budget with the economy of diesel to boot, trust me I own one and happy with it. Day in day out it can do miles of roads at 3 digit speeds and be comfortable.

If you are a outdoor sort of person who can handle rough things in life and simultaneously what low wallet pressure then you will find the car comfortable.

But of you are a geek with soft delicate manicured figures and what they call.....metrosexual then you may not like the rough edge to the CS, then the i20 or the Getz is a better option.

Anybody have a idea if the LX CS diesel steering wheel will fit on the LS CS Tdi.

The LX wheel is leather bound with a good finish and they have now incorporated the ridges akin to the Fiat steering wheel.anijog2009-06-25 12:20:05

Anybody have a idea if the LX CS diesel steering wheel will fit on the LS CS Tdi.

The LX wheel is leather bound with a good finish and they have now incorporated the ridges akin to the Fiat steering wheel.

I think you will be able to fit LX Steering Wheel to LS since the Construction is identical.

I guess even you can fit 4 Spoke Wheel instead of Standard 3-Spoke.sudeepd2009-06-28 09:17:19

lovemycar, i disagree. my issue is similar and i think at this price you can get a nice sedan such as the ford fiesta. it has excellent performance delivery and is very comfortable and luxurious car. I guess thats what we need in a sedan nowdays, dont we.

lovemycar' date=' i disagree. my issue is similar and i think at this price you can get a nice sedan such as the ford fiesta. it has excellent performance delivery and is very comfortable and luxurious car. I guess thats what we need in a sedan nowdays, dont we.

[/quote'] yes you may be right my dear friend........ but the budget told by the Help seeking person in just 5 lacs....... & in 5 lacs i dont think fiesta new will fit......... nodoubt u can purchase a 2nd hand fiesta in his budget....... but when you hav a good option to buy brand new cars in this budget why to opt 2nd hand.......  either he has to increase budget by min 2 lacs or he has to go for a new hatchback or 2nd hand fiesta or other mentioned by me in my recent post....... what u say dear!!!!!!

well i heard that the fiesta is 5.5 lakhs. so that is not a problem. i would rather put an extra 1lakh than to purchase a 2nd hand fiesta. I like that the car is spacious and high on performance too. Any suggestions on the fiesta's cost of maintenence?

As i told you earlier maintenance of Ford cars are  very expensive compared to their rivals Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai,Chevrolet etc.Fiesta is good car but its depriciation value or percentage is way more compared to Swift Dzire or Hyundai Accent.I would suggest you that instead of going for a 2nd hand Fiesta, go for a new Maruti Swift Dzire VXi. Its a complete , fully loaded sedan for a top end hatchback money.. and since its a Maruti Suzuki product Customer Satisfaction is best and always peace in your mind as long as maintenance and servicing is concerned..Go for it without looking at anything else because no car gives so much value and economy as the Swift DZire ..

swiftvx i completely disagree. maintenence of  ford cars is not that expensive as it seems. i researched through many ford owners and the numbers i got for maintaining their car was very small for a sedan. also the margin between ford and other cars was minimal too. furthermore, ford has reduced its maintenence costs considerably over the years. i just read an article, few days back, where ford announced to even further decrease their spare parts. i think your statement no longer holds true by research.

@ ragash

along with service costs, quality has also gone down. I have seen many unhappy fusion and endeavour customers on this forum.

I would recommend you to stay away from Ford.

after alot of research im planning to pick up the fiesta. found that its cost of maintenence is not that high compared to the other cars. i dont know about the fusion, but on this same site many experts have recommended me the ford fiesta. so do test drive it.

guys, especially those who are concerned about maintenence can verify another factor into a car's cost. the cost of operation can also be taken into consideration after purchasing a car. An interesting test drive was conducted by ford and autocar gave a great coverage to it. maybe it will be interesting to you all.