gameboy001

Test Drive Laws

A DISTANT COUSIN OF MINE YESTERDAY HAD AN ACCIDENT WHILE TEST DRIVING RITZ. THERE WAS NO ONE INJURED BUT THE CAR SUSTAINED SOME DAMAGE. THE SHOWROOM PEOPLE ASKED HIM TO PAY FOR THE ACCIDENT (the estimated cost they believe they will incur after insurance claim). HE HAS BEEN GIVEN A FEW DAYS TO SUBMIT THE MONEY.... something like 20 k demanded.    

IS THE MARUTI DEALER IN THIS CASE AUTHORIZED TO ASK FOR REIMBURSEMENT?

ARENT TEST DRIVE ACCIDENTS COVERED BY DEALERS??..

PEOPLE PLEASE THROW SOME LIGHT ON THIS ISSUE AS A NUMBER OF TIMES I HAVE HEARD FROM THE SALES GUYS AND THE PEOPLE WHO USUALLY COME TO GIVE THE TEST DRIVES THAT THE ACCIDENTS WILL BE COVERED BY THEM...... ONLY IN CASE OF AN INJURY TO THE EMPLOYEE GOIN WITH U WILL U HAVE TO PAY HIS MEDICAL EXPENSE......

IS THAT ALL A HOAX??..

Hi gameboy,

Your friend does not have to any money.

One of my friend told me that his friend had taken a Test Drive of Sumo Victa. On highway, a truck cut across him. He did not know how to control the car. The Victa Toppled and went 20-25 feet away from road.

The Sales Executive who was present in the car was injured.

The Tata Dealer did not ask him to pay even a Rupee.

The Dealer said to him "We have Special Insurance Claim. This Accident will be covered under it. Just arrange for a Driver to take this car back to the Showroom".

SO YOUR FRIEND DOES NOT NEED TO PAY ANY MONEY TO THE MARUTI DEALER.

Did your friend sign any agreement saying he will pay if there is an accident?? If no, then he need not pay anything. And If they still persist, register a police complaint.

Hi gameboy' date='

Your friend does not have to any money.

One of my friend told me that his friend had taken a Test Drive of Sumo Victa. On highway, a truck cut across him. He did not know how to control the car. The Victa Toppled and went 20-25 feet away from road.

The Sales Executive who was present in the car was injured.

The Tata Dealer did not ask him to pay even a Rupee.

The Dealer said to him "We have Special Insurance Claim. This Accident will be covered under it. Just arrange for a Driver to take this car back to the Showroom".

SO YOUR FRIEND DOES NOT NEED TO PAY ANY MONEY TO THE MARUTI DEALER.

[/quote']

how much damage did the car suffer??.. and is is actually illegal to ask for money or wat?.. i think he has paid some amount already.. not sure.. will ask and let u kow soon..

hey i have got the details ... he has paid 8000 to the dealer already.. the car had suffered frontal damage. it was not his mistake. he was trying to evade a truck. apperantly thr RITZ was pretty soft and suffered a lot of damage.

the front bumper, compressor, fog lamp, and the chassis was also damaged. the dealers AGM said the damage was huge and insurance wont cover full as there were a few plastic parts, so he would have to pay the depreciation amt... as far as i think they cannot charge him wid anything... i told him so.. but as he has already made a hefty payment i dont think he can do much now..

the dealers AGM said the damage was huge and insurance wont cover full as there were a few plastic parts' date=' so he would have to pay the depreciation amt...[/quote']

Depreciation on a Demo Car? smiley36.gif Thats Funny.

As for my Friend's Friend who was responsible for Victa Accident-- He just paid the Hospital Charges of the Sales Executive who came with him during the Test Drive.

He was not asked to pay even a Single Rupee towards the Victa Damage. The Dealer told him "We have Special Insurance for Demo Cars and we will get the Full Claim against it. So you need not pay anything for Car Damage. Just pay the Hospital Charges of our Sales Executive who was with you and arrange for a Driver to take the car back to showroom".

Its Sad smiley19.gif that your Friend paid Rs.8000/- for nothing.

Don't allow him to pay the Balance Amount. Instead tell him to file a complaint against the Dealer in the nearest Police Station for paying the Rs.8000/-.

I did not ask my friend how much damage did that Victa Suffer. But will ask him and let you know.

EDIT:

Please Refrain from posting the complete post in Capitals.

It makes Reading Difficult. smiley5.gifsudeepd2009-06-16 06:39:03

Asked my friend for the damage of Victa.

He told me Only the Front Windscreen and the Roof was Damaged.

The Windscreen costs around 5000-6000/- and the roof Repair Charges extra. But still the Tata Dealer did not ask him to pay single rupee.

So please tell your friend to take the Rs.8000/- back by hook or crook.

Asked my friend for the damage of Victa.

He told me Only the Front Windscreen and the Roof was Damaged.

The Windscreen costs around 5000-6000/- and the roof Repair Charges extra. But still the Tata Dealer did not ask him to pay single rupee.

So please tell your friend to take the Rs.8000/- back by hook or crook.

thanx bro.. i will definitely let him know ..

Does you friend have any proof that he paid Rs.8000/- towards that Ritz Damage? If yes, approach a Police Station and file a FIR against the Maruti Dealer.

If no, I guess there is not much your friend can do.

gameboy,

As mentioned earlier, my friend's friend did not pay anything for Victa's damage nor the Tata Dealer asked him to pay.

So I guess its illegal to charge the customer if the Ins. Co. is ready to bear the complete costs of the damage.

I think even Rubber and Plastics are covered in the Special Policy which covers the Demo Car.

So Please tell him to file a FIR and also take Mentally Harassment Charges from the dealer apart from Rs.8000/- that your friend paid.

just do as rssh and sudeep have suggested you to do, or crosscheck with other dealer (prefferably maruti), and see what he says about all this.don't tell him about the incident of your friend. Else you can always file a complaint with police.

these demo cars are indeed insured as they are more prone to accidental damages coz of a simple fact that many people try out this vehicle and some them are first buyers or new to driving.

so best thing is you go to some other maruti dealer for a test drive and put this question to the sales manager or executive whosoever is availablle there. you'll get your answer.

what was the intensity of impact in the accident though?

I don't know why your friend create a rukus over the issue, instead of paying 8000 bucks quitely.

Do all the way to the top at Maruti, you will surely get the money back, the demo cars are exactly for that, demo, so all dents, dings, accidents are covered comprehensively with the insurers, even the drivers and the staff are covered under accident insurance you don't have to pay, In case you feel guilt about the injured guy you can make a token payment which you are comfortable with.

However if you have signed any form prior to test drive then you are caught.