Ashokmalve

Compact SUV Car

Hello,

I am Ashok writing from Bangalore... I am looking for Compact SUV type car which is good enough in any Indian Road Terrains. The Car should be built tough with Good Fuel economy, Comfort, safety, spacious boot & interior space and also NOT high on maintenance. I have in mind Skoda Fabia and Ford Fusion. Kindly advice on which of these car or other car can suffice my requirement...

The Fabia will be high on maintainance and its Ground clearance is low so it is not a SUV the Fusion suit the mini Suv category and is fuel efficient in diesel format also the Sx4 is really a crossover in europe and its massive ground clearance make it go any were . It is scorpio ground clearance though it may not be a fuel efficient but maintainance cost is lowest.

The Jazz seems to fit the bill, especially given the price range you are looking at.

Edit: Oh didnt read the SUV type requirements...If that really is a concern, fusion makes more sense. From personal experience, the SX4 handles bad roads very well. The problem is that its not built very well.

My suggestion is to stretch the budget for a Xylo/Scorpio.
thisisviraj2009-06-23 15:58:59

Actually, comparing a hatch with an SUV is not done. Estates like the Combi will easily ground their bellies on bad roads, thought the suspension is mechanically perfect. I don't think there's any harm to consider the Fusion TDCi. Since the launch of the diesel, sales have improved. So is the ride, and the handling is brilliant as always. Great handling is an added plus. I think you should go with it.