Sign in to follow this  
anurag440044

Hello....Bought my R15

Well i finally decided on a R15 after test riding r15 and rtr 160fi. I must say the bike is pretty impressive. I stay in mumbai and im buying the bike from andheri, and the bikes my birthday present from my dad smiley17.gif. Now i just have one doubt, the dealer said that the bike will come this thursday with a "temporary" number i.e TR number and i will get a reciept with the bike, allowing me to ride my bike in Mumbai till my permanent number comes. Can anyone tell me what does the TR number mean and Am I really allowed to ride the bike in Mumbai.smiley5.gif Coz my dad asked the dealer to deliver the bike to my place, and i dont trust any delivery person, coz i once saw a person taking a p180 for delivery and he was totally revving the bike.

I am totally confused with this temporary number thing. Can someone please solve my doubt.smiley19.gif

yes...the delivery guys dont care about the customers bike.get the bike delivered yourself.you will not have any problem riding your bike with TR..but dont ride the bike for more kilometers till u get permanent no after registration..try not to go more than 50km..once i was stopped by a cop in chennai..i was in my new unregistered bike..the cop asked me how many kms i have ridden so far..i said 20..then he said , registration wil not be done if i ride more than 50kms.

There is no problem riding with temporary number plate . It is true salesman will rev the bike hard . Go yourself and get the bike also which colour is it.

I think its better if i get the bike myself then. Btw its a Lady in Red smiley4.gif.

One more thing on this numnber plate, please remove that bloody odd installation of number plate on the R15 and shift to a sticker on the mudguard.

Yahama have designed this bike, could'nt they design a good braket for the number plate some where under the headlamp visor, what a crap design of the plate on the top of the headlamp, There are some who won't even bother removing it.

You may go for wheel stripes..it will definitely enhance looks..Original Yamaha stripes cost around Rs300 to 400..so go to the local radium wallah guy..he will do the same job for Rs.75 to 100..