Hey ppl I am facing some problems with my i20 A/C

1)I found that the compressor stops in few min even before cooling After reporting to service centre they said its some wiring issue and was fixed.. after that it worked fine in the begining then after half an hour problem started again, later they said its some sensor problem and changed the sensor but proplem still persists so they are now gonna change the compressor.

Does anyone have any idea whats wrong with the car?

2) I came to know that the i20 has the same A/c as the i10 which i believe is not sufficient for a big car like i20 and with the heat in delhi I dont think same A/C will be effective for i20.

i20 OWNERS PLEASE SHARE YOUR VIEWS AND SPECIALLY PEOPLE FROM DELHI

Yes it has same compressor as the i10 . I also think the compressor is small for such a big car. Do as per the dealer says I think he is using step by step procedure .

1)I found that the compressor stops in few min even before cooling After reporting to service centre they said its some wiring issue and was fixed.. after that it worked fine in the begining then after half an hour problem started again' date=' later they said its some sensor problem and changed the sensor but proplem still persists so they are now gonna change the compressor.[/quote']

The AC must be cutting off after Half an hour.

Did the AC remain in that OFF State for long time after that Half Hour Cutoff?

I felt the i20 a/c wasn't all that effective when I TDed it. But again it boil's down to the engine compressor combo, in the i20 it may have to work overtime to pull and cool. But I was comparing it to my Elantra which I felt was unfair, any how.

Yes it has same compressor as the i10 . I also think the compressor is small for such a big car. Do as per the dealer says I think he is using step by step procedure .

This looks more like a Trial AND Error method to me because this is the fourth time I sent the car for the same problem

1)I found that the compressor stops in few min even before cooling After reporting to service centre they said its some wiring issue and was fixed.. after that it worked fine in the begining then after half an hour problem started again' date=' later they said its some sensor problem and changed the sensor but proplem still persists so they are now gonna change the compressor.[/quote']
The AC must be cutting off after Half an hour.
Did the AC remain in that OFF State for long time after that Half Hour Cutoff?

It was not a cutoff sudeep any way the dealer accepted its faulty...

The issue is I know its faulty, Dealer know its faulty but they are not able to identify what is faulty

Hi,

I've been facing some problems when it comes to my new car, an i20 bought from FX Hyundai, Faridabad, in January end. It has done about 7000 kms.

Problem:

On Wednesday, 27th May, 2007, my i20's ac stopped working. The blower was working, but the air coming out was not cold at all. Delhi/NCR's temperatures have been hitting 40 - 43 degrees recently, and a car without an AC is a big problem.

Workshop visit # 1:

I took it to FX Hyundai's workshop on the following Saturday, 30th May, 2007, and it was given back to me the same day in the evening saying that the problem was with the wiring, and that it has been resolved.

Relapse # 1

For the next one week, I was travelling, so the car was not driven. I took it out on Monday, 8th June, to find that the AC was again not working.

Workshop visit # 2

I drove it the to FX's workshop again the same day, 8th June, where I met the Service Manager and the GM. They told me they are sending the car to Hyundai Motor Plaza for a check, since the problem seems to be with the sensor that switches on the compressor. I was told that the car will be returned the following day. I agreed and left. The next evening, Tuesday, 9th June, I was told the car is ready to be picked up. They said the problem was found out to be with the central computer of the car, and that they had made the necessary repairs to the car.

Relapse # 2

Barely two days later, on Thursday, 11th June, the AC stopped working again.

Workshop visit # 3

I called the GM of FX on the phone and told him the problem, and he said it's probably the engine has overheated due to taking the load of the AC. Hence, the compressor is not working. Soon the Service Manager called back. The car was picked up by them on the morning of Friday, 12th June.

Today (Sunday, 14th June), I got a call in the afternoon by the Service Manager of FX Hyundai, saying the car is at Hyundai Motor Plaza. The compressor needs to be replaced and has to be brought from Chennai. The change will be carried out by Wednesday, and then the problem will become clearer.

Workshop visit #4

The compressor was changed but the workshop called and informed me that even after the change of compressor problem exists, and they say its probably the summer which is causing the problem.

My Concerns:

1.     It is alarming that a brand new car launched is giving such problems within 7000 kms of driving. This just shows that HMIL's testing for India wasn't enough, and that the the car is not fully suited for Indian conditions.

2.     In the three visits, I've been given 4-5 different reasons for the same problem - from the sensor of the compressor to the wiring, to the central computer to the compressor. None of the explanations seem foolproof and consistent. Has the real problem really been identified and is it being solved?

3.     I own an i10 as well. I know that the i10 and the i20 share the same engine and the same AC, but the i20's body is bigger, heavier and has more volume. My concern is, with temperatures soaring to 43 degrees every afternoon in Delhi, will the same AC/Engine combination as the i10 work for the i20? My experience has make me inclined to believe the opposite.

4.     If at temperatures soaring beyond 40 degrees, the i20's AC and engine fail, will HMIL agree to the problem and recall the i20 from the market - or to avoid negetive publicity - it try to hide the problem and hope for the summer to get over?

As a customer and a car owner, I am deeply concerned about getting a sub-standard product for the money I've spent. Apart from that, this whole issue has let to a waste of my time and my work. This email is to bring to your attention the problem that I am facing, because, chances are, HMIL Chennai might be unaware of this totally.

I request HMIL Chennai's experts to examine the car thoroughly, and then assure me ( in written) that there is no problem in the car's engine and the AC, and that if this problem arises again in the next 4-5 years (even beyond the warranty), the company will take full responsibility for it.

I will be able to take the delivery of the car only after this assurance has been given. The car, as on today, is standing at Hyundai Motor Plaza, Main Mathura Road, New Delhi.

Hope HMIL takes proper measures to solve this problem at the earliest.

Rgds,

Saurabh Kejriwal

99100 66398

Looks like the engine ans compressor isn't a good combination for i20 . I think hyundai should increase the capacity of the compressor so that it doesn't stop in the middle.

yea you can say that the response was good, but at the same time if you see the analysis of the problem they have failed to analyse the problem more than 4 times.

which is very irritating because each time they fail i have to send my car to the service center.

Hi guys... I worked in a  US MNC which supply AC to Hyundai Cars... All cars except i20 was fitted with AC by our company(It supplies  AC 's to Ford cars as well)... ButnHyundai opted for a new vendor for i20 cars .as a new policy of dual vendors...And this vendor is a korean..and new to indian market conditions...and Hyundai is facing many quality problems with the new vendor..My Hyundai colleagues itself acknowledged this...So this is the inside story

I faced similar issue with by i20 which is a month old and has clocked only 1200km.

I was traveling from Pune to MUmbai at night and the outside temprature was only 25 degress. I guess the ac kocked out because i was travelling at high speed which caused stress / heating of the engine.

From what ive seen in other posts, it looks like a quality issue with a new compressor vendor. Unless that issue is address and a new compressor without the defect is developed, we are in for a long haul. Thankfullyl I took at 4 year warranty on the car!

Hi

Am looking at buying a new i20 magna & this would be my first car, hence wanted an honest feedback on the car. i wanted to enquire regarding the problems faced by existing owners and the cost of replacing the parts which would determine its maintainance cost too? Please help me with some information