autowoman

which should become mandatory first airbags or abs

Ofcourse both should be made mandatory for the cars, but for the making use of airbags effectively first the car companies and govt should do something more to educate people about seat belts and be more strict about it.

hey rishad is right in a way..we need to educate to driver and passenger before all of this and specially the guys in the rural places who think the seat belt is something a sher ka puttar doesnt need!! Airbags could actually be worse for him in a crash situation

i would never mind on anyday to take ABS and Airbags as optional for around 30 - 40k rs, both are really essential , and i belive the Manufacturers should provide ABS And Airbags or only ABS as option in all car starting from Alto

Cheers!!!

I think manufacturers should put in both airbags and abs in all cars regardless of type.Both are essential safety features. 

smiley11.gif.....even the NANO???
There goes the 1 lac pricetag...

A couple of days ago I had to slam on the brakes if the car I was driving did not have abs I would have had a hefty repair bill.

I hope the bill you are referring is to repairs to you, more than the car. Life & limb count for more than cash!

This is precisely the point I made earlier. ABS helps prevent accidents, while Airbags only minimise injury once it happens. That is why ideally we need both, but if it has to be only one then the ABS is more desirable. In India with young children and infants often riding in the front seats, airbags can be very dangerous to these youngsters.

sgiitk2008-02-03 09:59:09

Both ABS and Airbags are needed as mandatory fitment on every car. BTW, i read in team-bhp that Tata is going to make both standard fitment on its cars shortly with a nominal price increase. If that happens, expect every manufacturer to follow suit