adit.mathur

Honda Service

I recently gave my 2 yr old honda city for regular servicing to Southend Honda (Mathura Rd, Badarpur,Delhi)on 26th of October'07. I had availed of Honda's pick up and drop policy. I recieved the car in a damaged condition-- someone had dented the trunk, badly scratched the rear bumper and cracked the rear tail light and tried to cover it up rether badly by applying dollops of touch up paint. The front passenger door was sounding like it had never seen grease and the headlanps were full of water. I pointed out the damage to the delivery person and he told me to take it up with his superiors. Upon calling the workshop, they refused to acknowledge the damage and said that it had been there before the car was picked up for service. Upon persisting the job card was retrieved and then the service advisor agreed to their mistake and apologised. I sent the car back and was promised delivery the next morning.

I finally got the car back today(28th Oct'07) and still the rear bumper was misaligned and damage still visible. This time the service advisor accompanied the delivery guy and upon pointing out the still visible damage, quickly took the car back and promised delivery tomorrow.

I have been a Honda Customer for 8 yrs and have never experienced this kind of shoddy service or rude behavior from the service staff of any car manufacturer.

I checked the Honda India website but couldn't find an email address for addressing grievances while the phone goes unanswered. Any info in this regard will be appreciated.

P.S.

The headlamps were still full of water

If you recieved your car today, I hope you checked it properly and if you haven't recieved it yet, make sure you check it from end to end. This is ridiculous. Every manufacturer has some bad dealers. You know who to avoid next time.

First tell us whether the problem has been solved or not.

FRG

hmm some times mistakes do happen but this is really a mistake and i am sure the service guys will be able to fix your problem soon and please keep s updated about what they have done?

Every manufacturer has some bad dealers. You know who to avoid next time.

First tell us whether the problem has been solved or not.

FRG

I most Tier two (or lower towns) you are lucky if you have a single dealership, so avoiding a dealer is a dream. I hear that in Agra-Aligarh one major brand was having avery tought time because of the dealer, being identified as a cheat by most sufferers.. When a second dealer came up the position improved.

Five years ago when I bought an Accent I rejected City since there was no dealership in Kanpur, which is not exactly a village. A limited service from a disinterested pump is not substitute.

Please do keep us posted about the redress, if an when it occurs.