winner48

Beat OR Phoenix

Guys, i am a little confused. Chevrolet has said it will launch its new small car in December 2009. Which car will it be? new Spark(BEAT) or New U-VA(known as phoenix in Europe)????

Confusing, isn't it?

I dont know about other topics, but dude.. Do you think anyone will be interested in talking about a dead car? and a bankrupt company which does not have clear path defined in India??

1: Chevrolet is not going anywhere

2: I want to buy a decent car.

3: I am not buying Chevrolet company, just a car.

4: Will you buy a TATA just because its financially stable?

5: Do you have any info to the question i have asked?

Yes sharash is absolutely correct . No body is interested in Chevrolet cars anymore in India because they are bankrupt and secondly they make unsuccessful  and un enthusiastic cars like chevrolet aveo sedan(1.4 and 1.6), Aveo UVA, Chevrolet tavera.. And true it doesnt have a clear path in india. The most shocking part was the recent ads that Gm india has started giving on Times of India every Sunday. It says that they are fully committed to India and has invested to the tune of rs 5000 crore. First of all no body is interested to know how much Gm has invested in its expansion process. I think no body has ever seen ads of Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Ford, Honda talking about making crores and crores of investment in its expansion process. Look whenever a company gets bankrupt it doesnt become bakrupt overnight. GM India may become bankrupt very soon becuase whatever they may project,atleast some amount of money was funded by its Headquarters at USA if We believe that GM India gets its funding from GM Daewoo. Secondly GM cars in india doesnt sell that well and everyone knows that they are big flops except the chevrolet captiva which is a segment leader as it is imported and doesnt feature the korean derived(from daewoo)engines which are lethargic and unenthusiatic units and are gas guzzlers as well.But the company officials project that Aveo(1.4,1.6),Aveo UVA have been designed and engineered at GM Australia unit which was never true.The main point of this discussion is that people has lost faith in GM India and No matter how much the US govt tries to protect it , it would never survive and as a result someday GM India would go bankrupt as well.New Spark would come in september 2009. Thats what the GM ad says...Let see whether GM's New spark brings sparkles of good fortune to GM india's innings........

I dont think their cars are less exciting than japanese rivals. the japanese cars(toyota and honda) are just like robots. NO CHARACTER WHATSOEVER.

Second, could you PLEASE tell me whether the new car will be new SPARK or new U-VA ?

dude, you and reports seem to be saying beat.

but the phoenix is ready and on sale in uk and europe. beat hasn't been launched anywhere so far. phoenix will be a safer launch for Chevrolet coz they dont have to develop anything. beat is all new, significant infrastructure and investment will be needed.

PHOENIX WILL BE SAFER CHOICE FOR GM and I EXPECT THE NEW CAR TO BE PHOENIX NOT SPARK/BEAT

Well it is another flop then see the GM site and its written all new small car and ACi has shown us production version of the beat concept so I don't think why not also the new talegaon plant is very high tech to do a first exclusive world premier of the car.

<no offence meant> dude, you sometimes speak like shakespeare smiley2.gif It is difficult to follow what you say. could you plz say the abive text in simpler words.

BTW we are atleast meeting in 5 other topics.

Dude, I think you are totally confused? you are saying that all japanese cars arelike robots. Just take a test drive of Toyota corolla altis, Honda Civic v/s Chevrolet Optra Magnum petrol and New Honda City v/s Chevrolet Aveo 1.4, 1.6. Then you will get the true picture and understand that Japanese cars are not like robots and In fact in US market Toyota is the largest car maker and had beaten GM since 2005. In US no one buys GM cars as they are gas guzzlers.And the Aveo hatchback that you are talking about is the based on the existing U-VA with minor facelift like nose from chevy aveo sedan and new tail lights in rear and Even if it gets launched in India it wouldnot attract attention and street presence because its no where as close to the street presence of Fiat Grande Punto, Honda Jazz and Maruti Ritz.

leave the jap cars vs us cars issue. its individual preference. Its my personal openion that jap cars are NO good.

I agree with you that the u-va will be a failure. but i think THIS is is the "ALL NEW CAR" Chevrolet is talking about. smiley19.gif

Offcourse it's the new beat.Spy photos of the same doing testing in india have been snapped many times now.It will come with a new 1.2L petrol engine and this car will be positioned in the i10 -Ritz category.  CYRUS432009-07-25 17:05:48

hello Gentlemen,

Good Wishes to you all on my first post in this Forum....smiley1.gif

It is the Beat that is got to be introduced in India shortly  as NEW SPARK and the existing spark will co-exist under a slightly different name attached to it...

I See a lot of negative thoughts on GM india in this thread which i feel may  not  be fair...smiley19.gif

Actually GM India is a very Successful Subsidiary in terms of GM Globally....smiley32.gif

Accepted that they under-estimated Indian market early and understanding the market took some time... just the case of Small car Size.....smiley7.gif

But now all that has changed with SPARK rocking the sales charts and TAVERA supported along with CAPTIVA........

<1> If GM India considers giving U-VA a minor face lift with better price, it should see its market share increase  in a BIG WAY...

<2> AVEO is a very nicely Designed  Mid size car for India & if its Price is tweaked with a new version added to it, that will also rock in mid-size car Sales......

<3> Introducing more NEW Small cars models like GENTRA X (from GM-Daewoo Subsidiary) will make them succeed in India in a very short span of time.......

<4> Replacing aging Optra with NEW LACETTI PREMIERE (from GM-Daewoo Subsidiary) which can compete directly with NEW HONDA City with its Sharp STYLNG, since Optra being less fuel efficient.....to avoid bad publicity from the people.....( AVOIDING NEGATIVE PUBLICITY IS ALSO A GOOD PUBLICITY FOR THE COMPANY )

<5> Expanding  the Service Center network Massively across country to build Consumer Confidence.....(this is what MARUTI did early & u can see the results)

Hope this will make GM India a Dominant Player in India Shortly.......smiley1.gifsmiley1.gifsmiley1.gif

Cheers to all....

But all that has changed & i believe they are very serious about Indian market & are here to stay.....

Chevy aveo uva has undergone a facelift everywhere in the world except india and its only a matter of time before that happens in india.They are also developing a new generation aveo uva which looks promising.The lacetti premeire elsewhere is called chevy Cruze,it's a very good car and it will be launched in india this september.And i am waiting for it .

HEY GUYS

This looks like an official Maruti vs Chev tussle is going on here

who cares who makes the car and how much they are making or not

what matters is

1) are they a stable company and will they be around for long ? - very obviously GM is. 

2) are the cars good ? aveo sedan may be dogfood, but the spark and captiva are pretty good - and the optra magnum diesel - ahh there's some real greatness

THAT'S REALL ALLT THAT SHOULD MATTER