ijinesh

i20 or Grande Punto

@ijinesh to meet 4 meter mark Fiat made the rear bumper more shorter and front bumper few millimeter so make it look just like the car sold in europe . I think the quality of plastic is mixed types some were it is goodquality and somewere it is maruti standards but it is acceptable except chrome coming out.

i would suggest the i20. its a proven product now and with hyundai A.S.S. you should not go wrong. the 1.2L i20 and 1.4L GP have more or less the same performance ( the 1.2L GP needs a tad more power though) . the i20 is obviously the more fuel efficient of the two.

the GP looks much cool and the i20 is a sedate looking car. the quality of plastics in i20 is somewhat better. features wise they are somewhat similar.

i for one would not jump to buy a car thats just been launched . would rather wait for industry review and monthly sales chart to decide if its worth it !

as my experience with i20.....its a good car..ppl say it is underpowered, but i say power is enough for city & highway.......

fuel efficency is good........

service network is much wide than 1 to 2 years back.....

i have i20 magna , but i thnk i dont need ABS & Air Bags....if my driving speed is within limits......

it proves its power in hilly areas too during my trip to Himachal.

rest take a test drive & find the facts

i have i20 magna ' date=' but i thnk i dont need ABS & Air Bags....if my driving speed is within limits......

it proves its power in hilly areas too during my trip to Himachal.

rest take a test drive & find the facts
[/quote']

@ lovemycar

One might need ABS and airbags even @ a speed of 40 mate. (Touchwood). Spending some thousands more cannot be compared with the cost of one's life.

This is a very tough comparision.

To compare here you need to stop looking at the cars as such, both the cars are attractive in their own way.

The Punto with a Italian flair, can't say the Koreans are bad looking smiley17.gif either. Then you have to move to the other aspects, the dealers and the maintenance and the resale value.

i20 is not available in diesel, there it self Punto scores a point.

However Service wise Hyundai has a massive setup exclusive to their cars, with the Punto they will be shared with TATA.

What ever any one says there will be some problems with such a tieup.

One point to I20.

Resale value for i20 petrol slightly lower than Punto diesel but petrol to petrol one point to i20.

So on petrol comparo the i20 wins.

On diesel to petrol comparo the Punto wins only on the above factors.

what a comparison anijog ,,,,,,, nice job.............. but as per my knowledge i20 booking is going good as compared to punto...... ppl have to wait 2 to 2.5 months for delivery of i20............ resale value no doubt will be good.

but in oct  or Nov 2009 when hyundai launch i20 DSL u will see difficult survival of other competitors.........

BTW i appreciate ur true knowledge about cars

i20 CRDi 1.4 90 bhp smiley4.gif will be launching  first week July

Source: t-bhp

really !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! amazing news.smiley32.gif..... even Hyundai corporates expalin its launch in Nov Dec 2009........ but if this information is true , it will be the hardest competition for punto , fabia , swift, Indica & even to jazz........

i20 petrol is in waiting lsit.... what will be the response to i20 DSL i can easily understand...... days have come for maruti to reconsider about Swift.......

What my dear friends on ACI Forum say about this.......

@ INVISIBLE BOND,,,,,,,,, i think this is the source of your information......

which states '

The i20 is expected in few days and they are going to launch a 1.4 diesel priced around 5.5-6.5 lacs and also a 1.4 petrol automatic around 6.5 lacs."

i think it is the information shared by team bhp members like we share on ACI..

as per information on T bhp it is crdi engine with 1398cc & 90 BHP

petrol engine is already available in 1.2L , & i dnt think that hyundai with change i20's petrol engine configuration..... my friend booked i20 asta on 29th may 2009 in silver color & delivery period is after 2.5 months / approxly by end of the July or mid of aug 2009........ this is what i20 petrol is doing in market........

Oh! come on even I know i20 has a petrol and you have one but a powerful petrol for people like me is always a welcome .I felt 1.2 very underpowered especially 2nd gear.

Well the engine doesnt seem to be effecting peoples thinking much because i20 is selling pretty well, 2850 units sold last month, which is a good no. considering a majority goes for import.

Also the waiting period has been created not due to demand but mainly due to strike in the hyundai plant.

@lovemycar I always rev my engine a lot and I shift from 2nd to 3rd in 30kmph .I like the 2nd and 3 rd gear ratio in my zen so its a bit of a compromise for me which I can't take on a very good car which cater all my need except power.