sparshq

MSIL Launches Swift Glam

Hey guys, I just saw this in today's newspaper, the MSIL has launched a new limited edition of the Swift called the Swift Glam. This is a VERY LIMITED EDITION as quoted by MSIL and has a dual tone interior with beige dash and upholstery, it has wheel caps of a new design, a rear parcel tray and color coded ORVM's in addition to the regular features.

It has two new colors namely Arctic White and Goldsmith Black.

No info on the prices yet.

swiftglam.jpg

By sparshq

My take on this- Looks like MSIL has launched the LE to somehow reduce the beatings the Swift has taken from the Ritz.

But I think it's high time we had a facelift.

What with the Ritz petrol & diesel readily available, MSIL does not want the swift to Fade out of Buyers minds.

Beige interior is a good upgrade. But i think MSIL should get more experimental & do something again like they did with the Zen Carbon.

If the delivery schedule is going to be 3+ months waiting, it does not matter if it is plain `Swift' or `Glam Swift'.   

MSIL do well to ramp up the production and reduce the waiting period for Swift. Or else, Fiat will take away prospective customers with their Punto.

I don't think there will ever be waiting for this car as the features are only for the low selling petrol engine and now with super refined engine in Ritz the petrol of swift is dying . They will update it with facelift next march may be.

The Glam is the El Nino (read Punto effect) on MSIL. Soon it will not be a surprise to see Rs 10000 to Rs 15000 discounts and same evening delivery for the Swift. Then next it will be free insurance and more. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

With all the new launches in the hatchback category, sooner or later MSIL would have had to do something to prep up the swift's sales. And this is what they are doing. The Swift now has to face a much better car (Grande Punto).

I dont know when will MSIL come out of this limited edition funda, these are nothing but a odd stickering jobs or a small change from the present model!

I am not sure which class of customers are they targetting! Swift is selling well, why add this to the already huge amount of cars they have! beats me!!

Well the ltd edition only consist of some feature which is not found std and are given for ltd period like body graphics . A new wheel cover is something very funny anyone can buy a good looking wheel cover aftermarket . Though I wanted to see the 2 tone interior. The swift petrol sales have plunged .

Also today I saw in newspaper advertizment the civic feels heat especially the automatic one offers free insurance 9% finance rate and 10k discount . I love competition .

It is based on VXi and ZXi petrol versions I guess, I think a small premium will be charged over the regular editions.

It is available in VXi or ZXi trim only, LXi is the regular one.

I can't even read the adv properly the wheel cover design looks simple and it is for vxi and lxi only because the zxi comes with alloys also my dealer said that these additions can be done with the dealer itself except 2 tone which even he didn't have idea.

Can anybody send me the pics and changes made in the Swift Glam edition because MSIL hasnot made a website regarding swift glam. The existing swift website doesnt feature swift glam.Plz post pics of Swift Glam especially the two tone interiors. Does the LXi feature front electric windows in Swift Glam along with full wheel covers and blackened A-pillar and B-pillar similar to Swift VXi.?

Ooh! it looks horrible this is going to shine like hell on the windscreen they could have done a full black top on the dash and rest could be beige. It look yuck! very bad combo . A darker shade of brown could have been welcome like the i20 .

YA rssh You are right. They should have retained the black dashboard along with beige door panels and a darker shade would have been better. It looks cheap and is highly reflective in the sun.Should have made it like SX4.

i enquired from the dealer near my place, and asked him how many swift

petrol they sell compared to diesel, his reply was ot of every 100

swifts 80-85 are diesel.

on asking him why there is a waiting period of swift petro then....hey

gave a very wage answers...something which wasn't relevant with the

conversation.

This a move to step up the petrol sales of swift....but i think MS has

really bad taste when it compes to interiors of the car. still i don't

understand why there is a waiting period of petrol version of this car.

@ swiftvxi06, do have any details about the pricing of the car?