abhigtr

punto booked !!!!

hi guys my confusion is done and me and my dad have booked the grande punto and have selected the emotion pack top end disel model and colour is red and the on road price comes to 6,90,000 rs ...please give your comments whether this car is a better buy compared to the jazz....ad have to say the seats are pretty good for 6 ft driving this vehichle and all you guys who r worried on buying the jazz .... should look at this car and then decide....

Do you need a diesel? Dont just see whether it is fuel efficient or not. Do you have the running that will help you recover the extra cost?

Reagarding jazz, i wouldnt compare the two cars. Jazz has far more superior quality, a very silent engine, though the MJD is pretty silent when you compare with other diesels, and a much more pricier car.

I would compare it to sedans. Consider it as a hatchback with sedan space, and you will see value in it. I mean it has everything that a sedan has except the dimensions, which is a boon for driving in city.

So if you want that, you can have the jazz. Punto is the opposite of jazz in space. The rear legroom is pretty less, sacrificed for the boot. For me the only reason to buy a Punto would be the diesel engine

Congratulations, a very good decision.

Even i would have gone for Punto mjd if i were in the market for a premium hatch. Jazz would have been costlier with less features and a petrol engine, so you have made the right decision.

guys need help in chossing the colour when my dad yesterday went to concord motors(chennai) and paid the  booking ammount he was not happy with red and has a confusio in choosing the colour ....i like black but you guys know how moms are superstious these days my dad is deciding between bossine white and dark grey ....please help and moreover the car is give a delivery period of 21 days and if its black or blue within a day or two...so guys help out and must say the rear seats are pretty decent and better compared to swift nd ritz and i20

Go for the blue of medium grey they have good contrast also black looks awesome . Even I would 't have gone for red it is flashy at the start but one gets bored later on.

Congratulations Abhigtr, on buying the Grande Punto. I think Blue looks nice because I have seen Grande Punto in Blue and it looks good. Black will be very tough to maintain in our city infact in our country. White and gray are too bland except if it is the white paint with pearl finish like the Linea's vocal white?

the rear seats are pretty decent and better compared to swift nd ritz and i20

firstly congrats on your purchase. it looks real cool in red.

yeah i agree its got better rear seats than the swift and the ritz but definitely not wrt i20. the i20 has better rear space and seats are more supportive.

Abhi Congrats. Go for the blue since red is outta ur list. I sat in the GP and i surely didnt find the rear roomy. Boot space is huge . IMO they could have been better off by transferring some space in the rear. 

The Punto should be a very good car and VFM. The top end model is loaded with many goodies.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

In fact, this car has resurrected the fortunes of Fiat in 2004-05, when it was making huge losses and was down and out. Indeed, firstly GM bought a stake in Fiat and then the Punto emerged as a best-seller in many markets, thereby saving the company.

guys me and my dad have gone and paid the money for the punto 1.3 disel and the car is going to be delivered on   thursday evening and i will post the pictures on friday .... guys

punto's refinement is just about ok....infact aci review says that mjd is quiet noisy and swift diesel still has the best refinement...if buying a petrol car you can consider the jazz though !!!!

already paid money and takin delivery tmrw and moreover i already used to own the swift  for 4years and jazz is a car where its not economically fit to be paid for the features and  not my vfm car ...so i thought punto 1.3 multijet is the best for me

I agree with Rahul- you should consider your monthly running to go in for a diesel.

By the way, the Punto is exceptionally VFM against the Jazz. The clever interior packaging of the Jazz just doesn't justify its 8 lakh + pricetag.

hi guys the dealer phoned and told that we were lucky it seems that fiat has increased prices of its punto range by 40,000INR owing to the number of booking sales as of 1st july...thank god i didnt shell a extra 40k ....my dad told that we were lucky as we paid the full ammount yesterday or else we would have wasted extra 40k....ya black looks a stunner cant wait to lay my hands on the wheels tmrw......