gameboy001

Ritz Zxi v/s Punto (1.2)

hi people,

i m planning to buy one of these cars .

i m looking for a petrol vehicle... i m usually stuck in the city. very rarely do i take the car on the highway so i m looking for a car that is good to drive in city. mileage is a little concern but i do need a car that is comfortable and has enough front and rare seat leg space. .. i m 6'0 feet tall...

i test drove both.. the only thing that bothered me abt punto was the seating comfort.. thought the car looks much bigger than ritz it actually seemed less spacious from inside. neways plz advice me.. also i want a low maintenance vehicle..

thanx

Did you test drive the Punto 1.2 or 1.4 ????

SPACE = Punto > Ritz

LOOKS = Punto > Ritz

INTERIORS = Punto > Ritz

PERFORMANCE = Punto 1.4 > Ritz

I think you mistakenly wrote punto 1.2 instead of 1.4??

Did you test drive the Punto 1.2 or 1.4 ????SPACE = Punto > RitzLOOKS = Punto > RitzINTERIORS = Punto > RitzPERFORMANCE = Punto 1.4 > RitzI think you mistakenly wrote punto 1.2 instead of 1.4??

nope i intend to buy punto 1.2.... and spacewise i found ritz better actually..

punto's rear leg room is pretty bad.. wen i adjusted the drivers seat according to my friend could hardly fit behind my seat (he is not too tall either).. i test drove the 1.4 variant.. it was pretty impressive i must say.. but i would wanna know abt the 1.2 variant..

Go for the Ritz as it is a good city cruser and engine is better than punto and is more fuel efficient . The Punto is a good highway cruser and is also comfortable in city (compare it to Fabia) . For low maintainance itgot to me maruti.

the ritz has been received very well by the consumers , the sales figures in the debut month speaks for it.

since you wrote you would be driving in the city , the ritz is apt for you.

the 1.2L producing 68 bhp is underpowered . the 1.4L should be better but at the cost of fuel economy. the ritz with the new K12M engine is more fuel efficient. being a maruti product its A.S.S. and maintenance will be much better and cheaper than the fiat.

the GP however scores on the looks. it looks big on the outside but i am disappointed with the space inside. ditto with the linea.

the plastic quality on the ritz is better than the GP.

i would go for the ritz. all the best for your purchase.

GP space is a shocker. Once you get inside the car, believe me you will feel whether you sat in the same car that you were looking from outside or some other car. Interior quality has been downscaled from linea.

Regarding fuel efficiency, Ritz is the second most efficient hatchback in India after A-star according to ARAI data. By ARAI data Ritz gives around 17 while punto gives around 13. Please note the ARAI data can be used as reference only, you will always get a little less in real world conditions

between punto & ritz...... clearly Punto Wins, more on space, comfort, interiors, performance, FE

but competition is stiff in this segment & if u include i20, Jazz,  fabia, swift & Indica into this segment.... i say ritz at last.....

well people just clear up your doubts about punto's performance....punto is just adequately powered and its performance is nothin much to write about...infact both the petrol's and diesel are slower than even a wagonr/santro leave the ritz...for more info read the autocar test report !!!

i dont like the rear of grande-punto...it gives glimpses of tata indica..the rear of ritz looks quiet trendy but that's personal choice den...but punto has a length of almost 4000 mm and still it isn't spacious like the jazz or i20 !!!

between punto & ritz...... clearly Punto Wins' date=' more on space, comfort, interiors, performance, FE

i say ritz at last.....[/quote']

i hope you have seen both in flesh before making that comment. If not i presume you have atleast read GP test in the ACI.

Else lemme tell you what it says about the GP : Performance , fuel efficiency and refinement are not the class best and the interiors are disappointing.

the 1.2l is too puny for a car which is 1100+ kgs !

whats shocking is that the 1.4l is also slow on the performance as compared to the smaller 1.2l ritz !

the ritz K series engine definitely beats both the GPs on the fuel efficiency too !

the quality of plastics is also bad and it feels it may come off !

the backseat space is also at a premium , thanks to the big bonnet. it definitely looks big on the outside but is disappointing once you step inside.

ritz wins this one hands down! not to forget the maruti A.S.S. , network and resale amongst the others.

Sorry for trying to confuse you' date=' but also have a look at the i10 and Vista if you are looking in this price range. These are cars worth mentioning[/quote']

i had been out of town for a few days so could not reply... bur is Vista petrol a good option.. i like the car but i think its all deisel thats praise worthy.. and i10 not into it....

Petrol Vista is not a good option IMO. Though it has Fiat's engine, Tata's petrol cars hardly sells so as Vista petrol, so you will have a hard time to sell your car and also the resale value will be less. And also the petrol Vista's performance or mileage, both are less compared to the competition and i don't find nothing much attractive in it.

there is something i would like to know.. if i choose to go for ritz petrol Zxi instead i can get a hundia accent fully loaded for the same price.. though an old horse in the market Is it worth considering??.... can anyone who has used accent petrol tell me abt its performance?/.. its confort and drive quality over longish drives

/??.

Well accent is a good car with good engine, comfort, looks and space but its an old car and may be phased out at any time, and although it will be fully loaded but will not come with safety features like ABS and airbags. A good option but then its upto you.

there is something i would like to know.. if i choose to go for ritz petrol Zxi instead i can get a hundia accent fully loaded for the same price.. though an old horse in the market Is it worth considering??.... can anyone who has used accent petrol tell me abt its performance?/.. its confort and drive quality over longish drives
/??.

I fail to understand, why Punto1.2 Active and Ritz Zxi.

No Maruri Hatch has better space then Fiat, only Maruti cars are tall boys and feels like quick but acually  they are not. I am using Wagon R a lousy car.

When it comes to handling, stability, safety can you rely on Marutis ?. Ritz is very ugly looking and will be very common soon.

If you talk about ASAS, Marutis will cost you more in long run and much more visits then Fiat because Maruti sevice intervals are10000km, anwhereas Fiat service interval are15000km,  free in two years. so you save a lot.

Also check what you get in a car for the money you will be spending.

Why Punto is very succesful in Europe because Europeans does not get Ritz ?

Sorry both are available there.

Both Punto's are heavy cars with puny engine's and they all can do with a little more power. Don't go in for the 1.2 as ACI has driven the 1.4 petrol and 1.3 MJD which was found to be wanting performance wise. You'll better of with the Ritz or the i10 Kappa.

punto 1.2 is terribly underpowered...if you are really interested in punto then go for 1.4..

also,i took a TD of punto,it was multijet,i found the car underpowered and unexciting smiley18.gif...its can't match the pace and efficiency derived by marutisuzuki from multijet..do u people also find the rear cramped when compared to (jazz,i20)..although it is a sensible buy with all those features and price tag! smiley9.gifflASh2009-07-02 19:10:32

Hi

I agree that Punto looks big fro outside but is crpamed on back. If you are tall,  than the front seat will not be confortbale, because it has deep curve , whihc makes it look great from outside.

I suggest u should atleast check indica vista. when i checked, the space wise it is the best. the negine and complete make up is new. there are soe issues on finer finishing but rst it is real good. It is cheaper by almost a 1 lakh.

Try out

smiley1.gif

With the requirements you have just stated the car thats gonna suit you best is the Ritz zxi, its got what all u asked for. its small can lace thro city traffic whereas the punto is bigger. the mileage of the ritz is better than the punto taking in ACI review of punto. and ritz bit more spacious than the punto even though the punto looks big. and the price is definetly the plus point of the ritz for its feature and new age MZI engine.