rahul1810

Honda has done it again,1000 units of jazz booked!

The leading manufacturer of premium cars in India, Honda Siel Cars India, has again hit the jackpot with its new car - Jazz managing 1,000 units bookings within the first week of its launch. Widely acclaimed for its dynamic styling, spacious interiors, versatile utility and remarkable performance, the Honda Jazz brings added fun and excitement to the driving experience. Honda Jazz is being manufactured at HSCI

Quite unexpected but it shows that more people are willing to buy premium hatches instead of sedans.

But still Jazz isn't worth the premium.

Little correction.....

More people are willing to buy premium hatches instead of sedans IF IT IS A HONDA....

Good for Honda! Their new launches have always been exciting me along with rest of the public, but this time though, Im not impressed & did not even turn up to see the Jazz because of Honda's pricing strategy, success has certainly gotten to their head!

Otherwise also, there's no urge in me to go to check out the car or TD, I feel its a ladies hatch!

Its great to see the purchasing power of Indian customers has grown tremendously. 1000 Jazz bookings  in one week  is  a surprising figure.

Any way Honda is really whipping the cream out of the Indian customers by putting premium price tag only because they have a good reputation of their other models.

In Australia 1.3Litre Jazz is just AU$17,000 which is around Rs. 630,000 with more safety features and they  now offer 5 year warranty also. The price of Jazz  in India is higher when compared to the price in U.K, for the same 1.2Litre engine.

Please click the following link to get an idea of the U.K model and realise how Honda is stealing cash from Indians. http://www.honda.co.uk/cars/jazz/

I hope Honda will correct their pricing policy when Toyota launches their Yaris which sells more than Jazz in any market.

I think we are talking here about premium hatchbacks, In the first place why such a classification I don't know. What is premium here in India is a standard feature in other developed countries, rather even some of the standard features in those countries are missing here.

So this aspect of premium hatch is not logical in it self.

A hatch back has evolved from the full 3 box saloon for urban use and is still considered a vehicle which is average in all aspects and hence their costing are supposed to be low, only in India is the premium word mouthed to attract customers.

hmm.....this shows how honda can fool the indians and there is no proof provided by rahul1810 that honda has sold 1000 cars and still this car is a waste of cash and definitely my choice for not a vfm car .....when i went to bangkok last week there were a lot of jazz like how we see santro and swift in india the people there say thay jazz is just  close to 5-6lac indian ruppee  this shows how honda cheats us indians clearly a waste of buying this car and regreting later in future

even i have managed to see almost 3-4 jazz in delhi near my home...well it again proves that honda can sell its car's at any price they want to...but seriously at 7 lacs the car is damn costly even if it's man max-machine min !!!!!

So what's the big deal! Let us see how Honda manages to sell 2000 or 2500 pcs a month (their target) after the initial euphoria dies down as initial sales are always high for any car. I don't think they will even manage to sell 500 units after a few months.

honda has set a target sales figure of 2000 jazz per month. though it is obscenely overpriced with a lot of equipment missing you cannot take away the fact that this is the best hatchback ever.

just checked up in the mag , the ANHC has creeped into the top 10 last month with good 3630 units. not bad coming 10th for a 9L car when so many cheaper or VFM cars are available in the same/lower segments.

Honda has built its brand value and really would'nt be surprised if jazz manages that 2000mark/month. Inspite of being more expensive than the GP , jazz sales will outnumber the GP's surely.

even SX4 registered good sales...

logan sold like cakes...

and many more...

but these are the bookings in the first month...so it'll dry up soon...

spending 8lacs OTR is foolishness on honda jazz...they dont even give the fog lamps..i20 is a better buy..save the money for petrol

Can't say the sales will dry up, remember the Honda name sells at a preimum in India, it is not a new case it has been so for the past 30 years, I remember when a kid people were in awe of the Honda brand and owning a Honda was more unique than a Merc.

See the logic a person owning a Merc then was truely affluential possible not achievable in a lifetime for many, but a person owning a Honda then there was a possibility to own a Honda in the average person's life time as compared to the Fiats and the Ambs the Honda was a luxury which was achiveable and the uberluxury of a Merc was not. This principal possible still continues today, however to a relatively smaller level since the Honda luxury is now matched by the likes of Chevy, Hyundai.

What say you?

Well its just the initial excitement...I went some weeks back to test drive honda and asked why this is and other Honda's priced so high, then the representative said that sir its like monopoly for us, the reliability, safety and engine provided by us is unmatched and thus people are willing to buy a HONDA. He said that Jazz is very much safe and all hondas are much more safer than GERMAN SKODA's, i was laughing at that point. He said that we have given necessary safety features in Jazz and then said that whats the use of A.C.C and regading alloys he said that can be done aftermarket but not safety features. Then he asked that if i am interested, i said i am waiting for Fiat Punto, then he laughed and said me that 'then sir you might have to wait for year or more', i said you fool its coming on 17th but he refused to believe me and said that sir 'hum is market me he aur puri khabar rakhte he', now when fiat has launched its punto on said date, i really want to bang his head, he was argumenting like anything. Actually nowadays the attitude of honda is not good and if they think that they are in monopoly market then their downturn is not far. Again a lady from honda contacted me and asked me when i am booking my car, i said i am not interested because its overpriced then she said that sir look at the engine we are providing which is most useful for long-term, what will you do with alloys and A.c.c, then i said that sorry but i am not buying only the engine but whole car....

well say anything but honda enjoys such a brand name in india that they can sell their car at any price they want....for eg look at the crv,its the most expensive in its segment comes with a petrol engine but still sells good numbers !!!!

well say anything but honda enjoys such a brand name in india that they can sell their car at any price they want....for eg look at the crv' date='its the most expensive in its segment comes with a petrol engine but still sells good numbers !!!![/quote'] Yes but now after 3lac+ hike i dont think there are any takers for CRv and i think its available on order....

"Honda has done it again,1000 units of jazz booked". why should i be convinced that it is not a rumour and is true. please give me the reason and the authenticity/ genuineness of this news.

honda overpriced.? may be! I am sure they have earned it. may be people look from long term benefit. The Grande Punto may be better product but I guess for few people the FIAT experience from the past years may be a turn off. The GP may cost less now. By buying Honda long term worry part would be left out. Overall cost of ownership may change drastically in favour of Honda 2/3 years down the line.

this is not a way to be price leader in market.............. how much customer will buy......... dnt mind but i have to say ......... ppl who buy these just for show off their purchasing power & status symbol......always do it with their black money....... it is the game of power & Money..........

not a comment for all ACI or Honda/ luxary users ..just for those few who prefer this game..

but all you guys are forgetting one thing, that Honda is Honda and it would sell in our market what ever they offer, the example is their latest NHC which lacks many features but still sells as people buy HONDA badge, so jazz would sell too, people wont mind spending 8+L for a honda hatch for a sedan.