rahul1810

Honda has done it again,1000 units of jazz booked!

Honda is Honda

You are right. We are all obsessed with owning a Honda and the company just takes advantage of the same. I don't blame them - it's business after all.

But the big question from my point of view is WHAT DO I PAY PREMIUM FOR IN THE JAZZ? To give Honda credit they do make quality cars, with great reliability. But then, that's a given with a Honda. Tell me something new. If I want to show off my 8.5 L hatchback, I need more than just the Honda badge, engine or magic seats. I need premium features.

Gone are the days when ABS, airbags were considered premium features - if I'm right, even the A-Star has these in the top-end model. So dealer talk that alloys, etc. can be added after market is rubbish. I expect these and much more as standard equipment in a premium hatchback.

But if they indeed meet their goal of 2000 Jazzs per month, I would rename the thread as "Indians have done it again!"

this is not a way to be price leader in market.............. how much customer will buy......... dnt mind but i have to say ......... ppl who buy these just for show off their purchasing power & status symbol......always do it with their black money....... it is the game of power & Money..........

not a comment for all ACI or Honda/ luxary users ..just for those few who prefer this game..

@lovemycar

Just because people are buying a Honda doesnt mean that they have done it using black money. Mind your tone, just because you dont own a honda while others do, doesnt mean that they have done it using black money. That could just mean that they actually have more purchasing power with white money. Are you trying to say all hyundai owners buy it out of their white money only?

Watch your tone, you might someones feelings?

in india ...honda has earned reputation for giving the best in the segment ...and thats not without reasons..the car is definetely better than rest of the premium hatches ...hence it deserves to sell ...and m really very happy that indian's intelligence is growing as they r paying 8lakh ...for the so called hatch ...although this hatch is much better than most of the sedan at present ...and it deserves to sell good ...

this is not a way to be price leader in market.............. how much customer will buy......... dnt mind but i have to say ......... ppl who buy these just for show off their purchasing power & status symbol......always do it with their black money....... it is the game of power & Money..........

not a comment for all ACI or Honda/ luxary users ..just for those few who prefer this game..

OOOUUCH it hurts...the only power I guess honda owners enjoy is that of there VTEC engine..

@lovemycar
Just because people are buying a Honda doesnt mean that they have done it using black money. Mind your tone' date=' just because you dont own a honda while others do, doesnt mean that they have done it using black money. That could just mean that they actually have more purchasing power with white money. Are you trying to say all hyundai owners buy it out of their white money only?

Watch your tone, you might someones feelings?[/quote']

who r u to tell me to mind my tone......... before passing on anything personal i request u to read whole of my message above........ for ppl like u i Wrote....

"not a comment for all ACI or Honda/ luxary users ..just for those few who prefer this game.."

i do write honda & luxary car user but not all user.......

& one suggestion for you that, say whatever u wana to say but please as per ACI norms u have no legal right to comment personally on someone.....

Go to ITO & ask how many ROYAL Customers ( sorry excluding you ) put under IT scanner &  found unable to prove the source of their  income......

& sorry to other ACI readers who consider my statement wrong & unethical....

Dudes we were right jazz is being bought by old guys because when in went to the temple I saw a group of old couples doing pooja to the car feel sorry those old guys never thought off other cars and why does the autocar in thier issu say that jazz has 10 cup holders. Seriously who wants cup holders soMuch anyway jazz will be jaZz

Dudes we were right jazz is being bought by old guys because when in went to the temple I saw a group of old couples doing pooja to the car feel sorry those old guys never thought off other cars and why does the autocar in thier issu say that jazz has 10 cup holders. Seriously who wants cup holders soMuch anyway jazz will be jaZz

Dudes we were wrong that JAZZ is being bought by old guys because I saw recently 2 young IT professionals driving the JAZZ. 1 more in number than old people driving JAZZ. smiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

smiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

Good one VTEC guy, There is always and will always be demand for Honda, no matter if they price it big/unreasonable/illogical.

Any person owning a Honda would know the quality of the product in the long run and would sure stick to Honda again when deciding on a new car!

It all boils down to one logic:

10 lakh car, 2 lakh maintainance during 5 years of ownership and a decent resale is anytime better compared to 8Lakh car, 4 lakh maintainance during 5 years of ownership and a pathetic resale value.

Friends bookings do not necessarily translate into sales. I too booked the Jazz ,but cancelled my booking. I own a City which I sold a week ago.The jazz attracts 12% excise compared with 24% on the City. Hence the pricepoint is unacceptable. This car sells cheaper than its competetion all all international markets -closest being dubai ,where it is cheaper than the swift,even though it has a 121bhp engine compared with 100 bhp engine of swift there.The car in india is build with specs to fit into the 12% excise bracket but the price benefit is not going to buyers. 

Can I ask, that if on 06.07.2009 the excise on City gets reduced to 12%...will Honda sell the City cheaper than Jazz????

As per some Honda dealers interviewed in Times of India, most of the Jazz booking's have been at the cost of City, as people saw a cheaper alternative in Jazz. This is similar to City eating the Civic's market share.

In an interview in July Autocar, some Honda Boss from Japan justifies the high price by a strange remark 'as hatchback is costlier to make than a saloon.' Does he not know that hatches are available in India starting from Nano and M 800 for a price of 1.1 lacs onwards. Whom is he trying to fool.

And how can Honda justifies a price of 20,000 for fog lamps and 40000 for alloy wheels?

Fact remains that Honda is a greedy company charging atrocious premium for few positive product points as most customers do not evaluate a product properly, technically or financially. Imagine Jazz having a 7 lac ex. showroom price tag and it does not come with a rear parcel shelf.

Honda has outpriced itself on CRV and Accord V6, as there are hardly any sales. The cheaper Accord 4 cylinder has been whipped by Superb and Altis outsold Civic 3 to 1 in May. Only the City is selling as it has not faced any real competition so far, and I doubt that Jazz will be able to maintain volumes after the initial excitement has died down.

Honda has outpriced itself on CRV and Accord V6' date=' as there are hardly any sales. The cheaper Accord 4 cylinder has been whipped by Superb and Altis outsold Civic 3 to 1 in May. Only the City is selling as it has not faced any real competition so far, and I doubt that Jazz will be able to maintain volumes after the initial excitement has died down.
[/quote']

the CRV is still the biggest selling softroader. its sales figures are comprehensively more than the captivas , endys ,outlander , x-trail despiste being the most expensive and with no diesel option. strange yeah ... but it surely works for honda. .

same is the case with accord vs superb. more expensive , less features , no diesel but it still sells. i wonder what made you say "hardly any sales".

maybe the skoda tag makes them look away

look at camry vs accord. they are more or less similarly priced. but accords outnumber camrys by a BIG margin. clearly honda are favourites ... atleast in india.

yeah the civic has taken a beating from the altis. that obviously happens when a new model is launched. what the civic did to the corolla , now the altis is doing to the civic. thats until the next gen civic is launched.

the city is surely selling well. its come in the top 10 sales figures. i am positive jazz will do the 2000+ numbers as per they plan.

HONDA surely rules in India !

Well to quote from monthly sales data on Team Bhp:-

- The Altis is a rockstar! 127% growth at 682 Corollas sold.

- The Honda Civic is in DEEP trouble, recording its worst ever sales @ 223 cars only. I have a feeling the City has gained at the Civic

well honda is really shooting itself in the foot with high pricing of its cars....crv's and jazz pricing is absolutely shocking and amounting to day-light robbery...according to me only the civic and accord are decently priced.

the reason civic is lagging behind altis is because civic comes only in one variant which is almost 13.5 lacs ex-showroom !!!

Jazz is certainly overpriced. but if skoda can charge 7 lakhs for their crappy 3 cylinder engined fabia then why cannot an ivtec engined 4 cylinder engined jazz be charged 8 lakhs.

imho, they should have priced atleast 50,000 less than current price and it would have sold like hot cakes.

imho, most jazz buyers would be those who can afford a second city car, having a one sedan or a suv. and i believe many women(young professionals, wives) would love to buy jazz.

i personally had similar experience when i went to check out jazz. here it is.

a couple had come to have a look at new city, planning to book it after test ride. they were young couple in late 20s and the moment the lady saw jazz, she wanted one. in her own words it looked quite 'jazzy', 'cute'. funnily they left the showroom after booking a jazz. they owned a safari and were looking for a second car.

so honda shouldn't have any problem moving 1000 jazz a month, if this is what their target was. 2000 looks a bit tough.

Jazz is certainly overpriced. but if skoda can charge?7 lakhs for their?crappy 3 cylinder engined fabia then why cannot an ivtec engined 4 cylinder engined jazz be charged 8 lakhs.

Hey dude, Atleast skoda gives a 1.4 litre engine and the 1.2 litre SIMILAR specced engine costs about 5.5 lakhs. Beat that. And Skoda is sensible enough to offer Climate control. BEAT THAT!

HONDA= smiley11.gif

Jazz is certainly overpriced. but if skoda can charge?7 lakhs for their?crappy 3 cylinder engined fabia then why cannot an ivtec engined 4 cylinder engined jazz be charged 8 lakhs.

Hey dude' date=' Atleast skoda gives a 1.4 litre engine and the 1.2 litre SIMILAR specced engine costs about 5.5 lakhs. Beat that. And Skoda is sensible enough to offer Climate control. BEAT THAT!

HONDA= smiley11.gif [/quote']

correct me if i am wrong, but 1.4L has been stopped ages ago.

what to do of climate control if we have to go to service station every 15 days, get your original parts replaced by fake ones and moreover tolerate bad attitude of dealers?

that ways honda is a bit better, atleast i get greeted by a smiling manager who handles my car better.

thanks but no thanks, i had prefer jazz over fabia. forget the features, i can live w/o those for the piece of mind it offers.

I dont think Skoda dealers are bad. The local dealer is quite good. smiley4.gif

And skoda wants to position itself as an premium brand, it cant afford to have dealers which cant take care of the customers.

i test drove the jazz recently. the only good thing is the space. even though the power is 90ps, the car seems to be underpowered as max. power is reached at 6200 rpm.and most of us won't even rev up there even on idle. with the ac on, the car was extremely sluggish and needed revving up to pick up speed.i still don't understand the pricing. this price would be justified if there were alloys,climate control, driver seat height adjuster etc. i think that the aura will die down after a few months and sales may see a dip later. any body who wants to put this much money on a car will want VFM, and not be satisfied just with the Honda brand image.

if you are looking for vfm in a honda product. its better to look at other brand like maruti, hyundai, fiat, tata, chevy. honda is not a vfm brand in india. it has created a niche with gr8 products on offer.

as for being sluggish, i didn't find it much sluggish. i found i20 and punto a bit more sluggish. especially with a/c and 3 passengers on board.

for starters they haven't passed on much savings to Indian consumers, but they must have been restricted by some problems i guess.

oh ya, btw, in other countries, jazz is more expensive than city sedan. you can check malaysia, singapore and some other countries.

@winner

go through link on team-bhp.com where there are many customers of skoda who have faced the music from their local dealers.

my dad's boss also sold off his octavia after facing extremely high maintenance and a couple of issues with dealers. he stopped us from booking a fabia after he narrated his incident and we are thankful to him after reading such bad incidents on team-bhp too.

that's why i feel honda is better than skoda.

@ deathrace' date='
I think that the local dealer here is quite good and that is what matters to me, not the dealer behaviour in some other city.[/quote']

no offence to you, but your statement makes me write this

you are a frog in a well, who is not aware of what's happening out of well. as we say, open your eyes and see the world.

if your local dealer is good, and you are travelling say to another city, whose dealer is not good, and God forbid your car developed some problems. what will you do in that case? go back to your local dealer? or get it solved at the dealer in that city?

that's why the above statement