rahul1810

Honda has done it again,1000 units of jazz booked!

I got the Jazz 10 days back. All I can say it is worth every rupee that you spend. People really need to come out of the mindset of Sedans or Superior to hatchbacks just because they have one extra box - this is a very practical, peppy car. Then again every individual needs to decide on what they want the most. I have a Wagon R in the family which I used for 3 years. I know there are a lot of people who do not like Wagon R - But it served my purpose like a war horse which includes daily commute of 10 KMs for 3 years over a really bad stretch of road (with pot holes that can engulf a complete wheel and more), a 1890 Kilo Meters drive from Bhubaneswar (Orissa) to Tirunelveli (TN) in 2 days without any problem what so ever and so on.

How many of our people will believe that a Wagon R can do that? There are lot of ppl who told me that there are better cars, VFM cars than the Wagon R - but the point is it provided me everything that I wanted from a car. Now my family uses that Wagon R since last month and I wanted a new car. Just FYI, (to prove that I do have some knowledge, understanding in Cars) I read all the 5 top auto magazines in India every month and cars are in my blood. I love them the most apart from my family and my job.

Here is the list of cars that I test drove, analyzed A to Z and researched every nook and corner. 1) Ford Fiesta 1.6 S 2) Suzuki SX4 3) Huyndai Verna 1.6 SX 4) Fiat Linea 1.6 Petrol Emotion PK 5) Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion PK 6) Hyundai i20 Asta 7) Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 2009 Ed 8) Honda City 1.6 S MT and at the very last Honda Jazz. SX4, Verna, i20, Aveo did not even get into my shortlist due to various factors like performance, looks, interiors, dated cars and so on. So that left me with City, Jazz, GP and Fiesta 1.6 S -

The best driver's car here (which I really wanted) was undoubtedly Fiesta 1.6S but except that everything was not right with the Ford - the interiors and exterior looks are cool but its obviously getting aged (despite being the sport version), the service & spare costs and the dismal fuel economy for the main purpose car will be used - city driving.

Then came the Fiat cars- the attitude and the behavior of the TATA dealership which sells Fiat cars here was the worst I have ever seen. They treat you like as if you had come to get onions and potatoes at a discount - what more can you expect from them when the GP is all set to take some share out of their own Vistas and Indigo CS ? But I was cool headed and did not allow that experience to carry on to my assessment of the cars. Both of the cars feel underpowered and the petrol engines are just plain sloths and there is no performance anywhere to be tapped. With a load of 4 people its an effort to keep the car(s) moving in city traffic.

Of course the ride and handling was terrific but that

Congrats on the Purchase Sayju. Enjpoy her. She is quite a looker isnt she!! Maybe we can have a nice review and some pictures too.

As a Concept and as an Advert' date=' the Jazz TVC is absolutely Brilliant. Probably one of the best of the year. The Advertising Fraternity, of which I am a part of smiley1.gif certainly thinks so.......
[/quote']
To think such a "stupid" advert to be brilliant, you have to be either MAD or a Honda fanatic. I mean its the stupidest advert i have seen in years. smiley7.gif

@Winner,

Ever studied an advertisement as a part of yourcollege syllabus?? I do it day in and day out. So I think I am better qualified to comment on an ad campaign.
CYRUS432009-07-30 10:20:26

@ cyrus43

you may be an admin of the forum but you cant force your opinion on me and i cant force my opinion on you.

And the music is just "HORRIBLE"

Every time the advert is aired, i have to reduce the TV volume,what can be more annoying than that smiley7.gif

@ cyrus43

you may be an admin of the forum but you cant force your opinion on me and i cant force my opinion on you.

And the music is just "HORRIBLE"

Every time the advert is aired' date=' i have to reduce the TV volume,what can be more annoying than that smiley7.gif [/quote'] lol!!

I agree its quite loud but not bad. smiley17.gif

Ever studied an advertisement as a part of yourcollege syllabus?? I do it day in and day out. So I think I am better qualified to comment on an ad campaign.

If studies ever made good/humble people!smiley29.gif

congratulation for purchase dear.............  hope to see ur new baby on forum too.... plz post interior as well as exterior pics.....

if u face difficulty in uploading then request moderator to help u...... Secret(meri help bhi wahi karten hain).... smiley2.gifsmiley2.gifsmiley36.gifsmiley36.gif

Hi Friends!

I am a great fan of Honda cars, i even drive one of them, but when it comes to prices, we Indians are at the recievers end. In all the European countries, the differnece between top end Ritz (Splash) and 1.2L loaded Fit/Jazz is not more than ?1000, that means maximum Rs 80000.

But when it comes to India, we have to pay the premium for the Japanese cars.  Here the difference is whooping Rs.2Lac. The ideal price for this car would have been Rs 6Lac or less. In that case it would have sold like hot cakes.

Going by the features, looks and brand quality, it is superb car, but at the end if you see your pocket and value for money, i am sure many people would add a few more and go for honda city or any other car. Mind it! this is not a small and zippy car for Indian roads as it is build on same platform as older model of Honda City.

But i would say, don't envy people who buy this car!

I got the Jazz 10 days back. All I can say it is worth every rupee that you spend. People really need to come out of the mindset of Sedans or Superior to hatchbacks just because they have one extra box - this is a very practical, peppy car. Then again every individual needs to decide on what they want the most. I have a Wagon R in the family which I used for 3 years. I know there are a lot of people who do not like Wagon R - But it served my purpose like a war horse which includes daily commute of 10 KMs for 3 years over a really bad stretch of road (with pot holes that can engulf a complete wheel and more), a 1890 Kilo Meters drive from Bhubaneswar (Orissa) to Tirunelveli (TN) in 2 days without any problem what so ever and so on.

How many of our people will believe that a Wagon R can do that? There are lot of ppl who told me that there are better cars, VFM cars than the Wagon R - but the point is it provided me everything that I wanted from a car. Now my family uses that Wagon R since last month and I wanted a new car. Just FYI, (to prove that I do have some knowledge, understanding in Cars) I read all the 5 top auto magazines in India every month and cars are in my blood. I love them the most apart from my family and my job.

Here is the list of cars that I test drove, analyzed A to Z and researched every nook and corner. 1) Ford Fiesta 1.6 S 2) Suzuki SX4 3) Huyndai Verna 1.6 SX 4) Fiat Linea 1.6 Petrol Emotion PK 5) Fiat Grande Punto 1.4 Emotion PK 6) Hyundai i20 Asta 7) Chevrolet Aveo 1.4 2009 Ed 8) Honda City 1.6 S MT and at the very last Honda Jazz. SX4, Verna, i20, Aveo did not even get into my shortlist due to various factors like performance, looks, interiors, dated cars and so on. So that left me with City, Jazz, GP and Fiesta 1.6 S -

The best driver's car here (which I really wanted) was undoubtedly Fiesta 1.6S but except that everything was not right with the Ford - the interiors and exterior looks are cool but its obviously getting aged (despite being the sport version), the service & spare costs and the dismal fuel economy for the main purpose car will be used - city driving.

Then came the Fiat cars- the attitude and the behavior of the TATA dealership which sells Fiat cars here was the worst I have ever seen. They treat you like as if you had come to get onions and potatoes at a discount - what more can you expect from them when the GP is all set to take some share out of their own Vistas and Indigo CS ? But I was cool headed and did not allow that experience to carry on to my assessment of the cars. Both of the cars feel underpowered and the petrol engines are just plain sloths and there is no performance anywhere to be tapped. With a load of 4 people its an effort to keep the car(s) moving in city traffic.

Of course the ride and handling was terrific but that

Congratulations Satyanr, Jazz is obviously a great car, it is overpriced though.

Enjoy your ride, being a Honda it should be very reliable. We owned the 2nd gen. City for around 5 years(done around 65,000 kms) and it was pretty reliable.

Hi Friends!

I am a great fan of Honda cars' date=' i even drive one of them, but when it comes to prices, we Indians are at the recievers end. In all the European countries, the differnece between top end Ritz (Splash) and 1.2L loaded Fit/Jazz is not more than ?1000, that means maximum Rs 80000.

But when it comes to India, we have to pay the premium for the Japanese cars.  Here the difference is whooping Rs.2Lac. The ideal price for this car would have been Rs 6Lac or less. In that case it would have sold like hot cakes.

...[/quote']

I would account the extra money difference to the not so high level of localisation in Jazz compared to Splash. I think there is about 70% localisation in Jazz. So for rest of the parts the customer is paying the extra money that Honda may have incured while importing these parts (I assume 100-110% duty). Indian government should think about this. may be a very good free trade agreement with south east asian countries like indonesia and thailand would help. With close to 30 years existance it definetly helps Maruti Suzuki to keep the prices in check.

Hi Friends!

I am a great fan of Honda cars' date=' i even drive one of them, but when it comes to prices, we Indians are at the recievers end. In all the European countries, the differnece between top end Ritz (Splash) and 1.2L loaded Fit/Jazz is not more than ?1000, that means maximum Rs 80000.

...[/quote']

I would account the extra money difference to the not so high level of localisation in Jazz compared to Splash. I think there is about 70% localisation in Jazz. So for rest of the parts the customer is paying the extra money that Honda may have incured while importing these parts (I assume 100-110% duty). Indian government should think about this. may be a very good free trade agreement with south east asian countries like indonesia and thailand would help. With close to 30 years existance it definetly helps Maruti Suzuki to keep the prices in check.

I don't agree with this. Honda also has localized majority of their parts. Honda is taking Indians for a ride literally !!!

@achinth,

Yes, Honda also has localized majority of their parts which amounts to 70% but i think the VTEC Guy is talking about the rest 30% which is taxed.

I think the only way to get the prices normalized is by having a free trade agreement with all the South Asian countries. That would definately make the pricing of the cars more competetive and would place more HONDAs and Toyotas on Indian roads.
sharash2009-08-06 01:37:13

Did a TD of the Honda Jazz, yesterday, I fell 'hook line and sinker' for it. It is indeed spacious and very easy to drive. It didn't feel underpowered in the city, car was packed 3 in the back and Honda sales guy and me in the driver's seat, with a/c on, of course. The variant comes for something like 8 lakhs on road chennai. It has very good interior quality and for that wheelbase it feels half a car bigger than the i20 which has a bigger wheel base than the Jazz. Realtime fuel consumption showed something like 11.3 kpl with a/c on in city traffic. The Magic seats are very easy to operate and boot is big for a hatch. The design is truly path breaking and makes maximum utility of the space available. The engine is a gem and low speed ride quality is not all that rough as shown in the ACI report. I think this car will make more sense than the 'City' for city use. And one can save Rs.1.5 lakh in the bargain and also get better interior's and infinte storage option's.