ravisha

My Fabia 1.2 HTP (Petrol)

Hi All,

My New Fabia (Active)has joined with our family on 28.05.09.smiley1.gif . I covered 800Km and really feel special to drive each time. Being it's my first car , it is not at all given any problem so for.

Mileage as of now is 12KMPL with full AC

My on road price is 5 Lahks only. It is really VFM.smiley1.gif

I hope Skoda will reduce the spare cost soon.

Congrats Ravisha...its sure a good buy but to maintain it is surely a tough job...But at 5lacs on-road its good deal...please share some other details relating to dealer experience, color, features, car review, etc..

5 lakhs for a Fabia otr. Great. Also, being a Madrasi, like Subzero, I'm curious. Coz my brother in law bought one the Elegance version petrol for 7.6lakhs!! Yikes!#@%! Has there been a downward revision of prices? Ravisha, I'd seriously like to know.

Durango Dude2009-06-26 18:12:09

Congrats Ravisha on your new car. Hope you will have pleasent ownership experience.

Fabia is indeed a great car, but has been let down by high parts cost and atrocious company-dealer combine.

In Delhi, dealers were advertising the base model at 4+ lacs ex.showroom, so 5 lacs OTR is possible.

Look Whos back!!!! How have you been Vtec Guy?? Its been long since we have seen you active on the forum.....

Thanks budy. Moved to US for an assignment 6 months back. Not getting much time to post. though have made every effort to go through the posts regularly..

Hi DD,

Thanks. My fabia is a basic model without PW and Audio. I just put Audio system in the after market. PW  is not an issue for me.

Actually my budget was only 5 lahks. I just TD all avilable Hatch in the market. But Skoda gives immense pleasure in driving and comfort. Then milage is also decent. Also it is going to my first car.So I dont want such a powerful engine.So 1.2 ltr,70bhp is enough.Also I did not feel lack of power when drives in High way. Yes there is a power lack only in 2nd gear, but once you change the gears it is upppp.

Regarding Dealer experience, it is Ok. On time delivery and they given all free floormat,Mudflop and full Tank Petrol. I am really happy with my sales guy.When compare to Maruti, Skoda dealers are good. When I visited "Popular" - Maruti dealer, they just dont know the delivery time for any car.

Reason for price reduction, Dealers says Pune plant is doing Fabia Assembly in the VW Polo platform wit some localization.I hope soon I can see many Fabia in chennai. So great car with great price with little compromise.

Next time I will post my Fabia pictures. My fabia is Satin Grey which looks very good.

Congratulations Ravisha!

Excellent buy for 5 lakhs! And 12 kpl with A/C is fabulous. I recommend you not to strain the engine too much, stay around 3500 rpm and the Fabia will run like a dream. Hope your Fabia serves you excellently for numerous years to come!

Just 5 lakhs!! I did not know that the Fabia is so cheap. Anyway enjoy the car and congratulations.

There was a limited period offer on the Fabia (base, petrol) a few days ago - that explains the mouthwatering pricing.

(PS: the petrol fiesta had a "limited period" offer of 5.5L around then)

Just 5 lakhs!! I did not know that the Fabia is so cheap. Anyway enjoy the car and congratulations.

There was a limited period offer on the Fabia (base' date=' petrol) a few days ago - that explains the mouthwatering pricing.

(PS: the petrol fiesta had a "limited period" offer of 5.5L around then)[/quote']

That is mouthwatering.. I guess price point was the only drawback being discussed more so often. with that price definetly VFM.