invisiblebond

Hyundai i20 1.4 CRDi set for July 2009 launch!

That is great news...i20 is actually the blend quality, space, comfort, features and good and wide network...It will be an excellent option for those who dont like swift's space and quality, punto's tata-fiat badge and fabia's high maintenance...But it should be priced properly and not like 1.5crdi getz...

right now the getz crdi is coming at a great price @ 4.99 lacs (ex-showroom price) !!! i20 magna 1.2 costs 5 lacs ex-showroom so expect the i20 diesel magna to cost 6 lacs ex-showroom !!!

dont take tension friends ..the prices of i20 DSL will be in ur budget as per information on dealership points these will be in between  5.45 to 6.50 lacs

stiff competiton is no cards....... i20 dsl will compete directly fiat punto dsl, ritz dsl , indica dsl & fabia ...... swift will now be out of competition & u will see a modification in swift very soon.......

Talking of swift to be out of competition might be easier said than done. Modification in swift will be there though only minor till the new model comes in 2011, but till then its difficult to stop the maruti brothers.

great news 4 those who want a deisel only ....hyundai's crdi have proved themselves..as drivers delight ...hope this time delight doesnot go out of the reach of those who wants to own one ....but this will complete the i20 as perfect premium hatch ...

Yes, great news for people who want premium hatches powered by a diesel engine. And this car is loaded with features without compromising on quality - seems to be worth the money you pay. 

Skoda seems to have a limited time offer on their diesel Fabia too. No prices for guessing who they are up against.
Jupiter2009-06-27 20:52:22

I think we will get lower power one as no one buying a diesel will want power as hyundai has already flopped the getz may be say they can average tune the engine not too powerful about 85bhp but it may not happen because the petrol is only 80bhp so 74bhp it is.

it is obvious that hyundai will put the deisel in i20 which will bring more sales ....and fuel economy is at priority these days..and it should be...i dont think that majority of people wud buy a deisel i20 if it doesnot give them as good economy as swift or punto ...today people can spend big money in the beginning but want the car to be less expensive to run in daily course ....i want hyundai to put the most efficient deisel in i20 ....as it is good for both people and enviroment ..

Wooooooooooow! That's a great news for all diesel-heads like me. It would be good to see how it performs against the established competition, especially Fiat's brilliant Multijet. The 1.4 CRDi is significantly more refined, powerful and torquier than the Punto and Fabia motors, but must match on their efficiency to really establish itself.

guyz...are you sure?

i have booked the i20 petrol...delivery on my mother's birthday i.e. 23rd july...

and paying 60000 more for the diesel is really a good deal...i think ABS should be optional..dont mind paying for that

Did the dealer confirm that the diesel is coming then go for the varient with ABS . As per my knowledge Hyundai never offered optional ABS only top end varient have them.

hyundai have gone crazy...they have a superb 1.5 l crdi engine of verna which should be plonked into the i20...currently i20 lacks only a good engine which will be fulfilled with the 1.5 crdi and it will be a complete car den !!!!

mehul. sorry to say but in international markets, i20 is sold with 1.4L crdi which develops 75 and 88 ps. and it is the ideal engine to be bought here. the reason is, it will save them a lot of money by not plonking 1.5L crdi in i20 as it will require to do testing again, which is expensive and time consuming.

instead they will opt for the new generation 1.4L crdi. which is a good thing.

mostly, 1.4 L 90bhp is going to be launched and if we add pete's box to it, it will easily develop 110 bhp and make it a rocket.

and if information is not wrong, getz crdi with 1.5L will be continued.

fingers crossed. hoping for 1st or 2nd week launch of i20 diesel

as per sidindica on team-bhp.com, i20 diesel will come in 3 variants

magna, asta, asta(optional pack with abs). starting is 6.2 lakhs ex-showroom delhi. so expect a fully loaded i20 diesel to take on like of ritz,punto,swift diesel.

i am loving itsmiley20.gif