invisiblebond

Hyundai i20 1.4 CRDi set for July 2009 launch!

@ deathrace
 what a superb information dear,,, appreciate u for this........ hey did u ppl notice the gear system of i20 CRDI........ in pics......... i m confused about pattern of gears.......smiley29.gifCHK THE PICS FOR  REVERSE GEAR

& if the pricing is correct as told by u then it will beat honda jazz & Punto First.....Then compete with Swift & Fabia 

@lovemycar

thanks

the gear system is what Chevrolet offers for its car. i think aveo, optra has same config.

its like there is a button below gears. you have to press it and than push towards 1st gear. that's where reverse gear is located.

i think some other muv also had this gear arrangement. i hate this. i don't know why they had to do this.

nevertheless, awesome car. worth the waitdeathrace2009-07-02 04:46:45

Excellent, so finally its here. It has MH plate so may be its dispatched to some dealers cause testing of hyundai cars is usually done around chennai in TN. If priced well, this will be excellent buy.

And regarding gear shifts, even in Verna and Getz CRDi, its the same, i think Hyundai uses this configuration for CRDi models, in this either you have to pull or push the gear shift and then move it to the desired position as printed on gearshift. BTW the gear shift is looking classy.

Well Today I contacted hyundai motor plaza to enquire about i20 diesel and a saleswomen as like sir we have Getz diesel only and i20 diesel will be launched next year and won't be as powerful as petrol which I think she bluffed.

i don't think Hyundai will take a chance for a year to launch it i20 crdi ..... competiton is very hard if new policies come it will directly lead to new players entry to market ........... if 7th july is final date for launch, the hidden fact  behind this is, that on 6th of july budget is coming & hyundai dont wanaa to take a chance of sudden price reduction or addition just after launch...they will launch it with price according to budget..........

Nice move by Hyundai. They had to do something to give a tough competition to Punto and Jazz. Customers will have a good choice now and this segment will now see a battle royale. 

If Fabia can better its act now in terms of better service, cheaper spares and better engines, it can also join the battle of premium hatches.

I think then the pricing may take even more time as they can't just give the price with in a single day of budget

I am intrested in 1.4lt gasoline engine but poor torque make me think it won't have pulling power in 2nd gear

13.9 kgm at 4200rpm wrt to 11.9kgm at 4000 rpm for Kappa engine .

Though power difference is great 100 vs 78 but can some one post power and torque curves?

I'm pretty much excited about i20 Diesel because it seems to have quite a number of ingredients like good looks, nice interiors, spacious, comfortable, modern & according to reports, a peppy engine.

Now, onus is on Hyundai to price it correctly & not follow the Getz principal & go haywire!

While Punto is my favorite but Fiat's dodgy past still haunts at times, I'll prefer to wait & watch before jumping on a Fiat!

Whereas, Hyundai doesn't suffer from any chronic illnesses except that their cars haven't been exciting, but i20 somehow makes an exception.

If all goes well & waiting periods are not huge, this could be my next "sensible" buy!

what i feel is that these might be the cars that are going to be exported...

cause first we were going to have a diesel, then a 1.4 petrol is also coming up...

suddenly like the joker in the batman returns....

I am intrested in 1.4lt gasoline engine but poor torque make me think it won't have pulling power in 2nd gear

13.9 kgm at 4200rpm wrt to 11.9kgm at 4000 rpm for Kappa engine .

Though power difference is great 100 vs 78 but can some one post power and torque curves?

poor torque..? smiley5.gif ANHC develops 14.4 kgm.. n same for fiesta..they are quickest in segment...i don't think the torque is poor!! smiley36.gif

ANHC has a very good flexible engine and the car is light weight and also now the gasoline is coming only in automatic form so it won't be exciting for me. Today I will again call local dealer to see if they are ready to share waiting period for the car.

@ invisible bond.............. nice information ,,,,,, so finally hyundai plans to launch it on july7th...... good news,,,, but sad for me .. i didn't wait for 3 months....... to get a hyundai i20 DSL ......

NOW i hav to manage with high price of petrol........... smiley7.gif  smiley19.gif   smiley7.gif

here is a td report from a member of teambhp

Three test drives back to back and each car was miles ahead of the previous car. For me, yesterday was a day to remember.

Started with the stunning looking Red PUNTO MJD, then got floored by the i20 CRDi and then came the head shot- Porsche Carrera S.I Rule.gif

The i20 CRDi test drive was a short one but still it left me impressed all ends.

It was a full loaded ASTA model with Sunroof, electonically foldable side mirrors, airbags etc.

Observations:

1. Amazing looks with fully loaded interiors. Electronically foldable mirrors were stunning and Gear lever knob was just a piece of art.

2. Engine is slightly noisier than the Getz with a typical Hyundai CRDi clatter while starting.

3. The performance is not breathtaking and it doesn't take off like an aircraft @ 2000rpm but speedo surely does climb up rapidly once its around 2000rpm. The redline is at 4750 rpm. The connectors of Petes box is similar to what i have in my Getz, so i assume it can be swapped. lol ;-)

4. It comes with a huge intercooler unlike the Verna which has a small one. Turbo upgrade possible ?tongue.gif

5. The driver seat is almost like a cockpit with so many controls, civic style dash and steering wheel.

6. Steering was very light and not very confident inspiring. I couldn't test it at high speeds so i will hold my comment on that for now. This now has made me realize how precise the Getz steering is.

7. Brakes were just brilliant, made me feel like i'm driving an Elantra. Took it to 80kph on a broken tarmac and stood on the brakes, it just stopped as if i hit a WALL.

8. The rear seat space is just adequate but the boot space is fine..

9. The gearbox was rough and not the slickest. Hyundai have provided better ones in the past. I hope this will get better when the car does runs in more. The reverse gear is same as the Verna.

Thats all for now, more details when i get another extensive TD of the car after the launch.

Cheers

is the crdi also being launched with an a/t transmission....if yes it shows hyundai's growing preference for diesel engines cause currently automatics come in verna crdi and sonata crdi !!!

No hyundai will not launch a/t version on crdi engine ,may be it can be a future prospect but not any time soon

@invisiblebond Hyundai will launch asta version as seen in the pics.

Its been anounced in the news channels

Hyundai i20 CRDi launched at base price 6.2 lakh ex-showroom.

Here is the price list

Model Ex showroom prices (Rs)

i20 Magna 480200

i20 Asta 560201

i20 Asta (O) 582200

i20 1.4 CRDI Magna 619800

i20 1.4 CRDI Asta 683431

i20 1.4 CRDI Asta (O) 720430

i20 1.4 Asta (A/T) PL 731130

i20 1.4 Asta (O) (A/T) PL 772301

New Delhi Price