harryccc

Engine Power Hyundai Getz

I understand that though Getz has 1.3 L engine but the torque/power makes it less performing than the other cars in its range. Less perform - i meant the pick up... its quite obvious in the 2nd gear with AC. is there any technical suggestion to overcome this also keeping the fuel economy in mind?

Install aftermarket filters alloys will reduce weight modify headers, put free flow exhaust and all these can be found on the autocar india performance show (may be) at B-K complex.

Hey rssh! i dont live in mumbai hence wont be able to attend... can yu also suggest good brands for filters alloys and freeflow exhaust and approximate price? what do yu mean by aftermarket filters alloys?

Don't expect Hyundai's to be tarmac scorcher's. All Hyundai cars have a sedate pace. So sit back and relax. Any mod's are sure to affect your mileage adversely. I agree with the alloy part besides reducing the unsprung weight it also looks sexy.

You can go for five or six Spokes of alloys from Aura as they give warranty and have good range to choose .Filter like K&N ,green ,cotton lets more air pass through so that you get better combustion. Alloys and filter will cost you about 17k. First do this then if you are satisfied with it then don't modify further . Free flow exhaust and modification of header is an expensive and delicate part try to avoid it ,it will cost around 20k. Ask FRG he had free flow exhaust in his accent.

hey rsssh thanks again man... have decided to go for alloys and filters for now...checked with hyundai and looks lke the engine warranty would void if i work on exhaust and headers...

yes DD, like yu said...i felt getz too comfortable to drive, looks sexy... just that a lil drop n the pick up.... but driving feels a LOT better than swift...but i took test drive on palio stile1.6...man thats the car to be... awesome power, great looks and ineriors, best value for money.... am sure i would go for the diesel version next year.... am sure thts gonna be the best hatch back from next year, atleast for ppl who dare to come out of maruti....

Hi Guys,

How much a visible difference will changing to alloys making in terms of performance. Does anybody suggesting the same have some facts and figures, IMO put a complete free flow with headers(10k max in MS), conical filter and you are set. If you still want more power then, enlarge your throttle body and port/polish your head and intake manifold. This will turn your car into a beast and if you still want more install a high lift cam shaft. Check out the below link to my ex Getz which was a real mean machine .

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indiancarpicture-166.html

Viper

I prefer stock cars. I dont tinker with what the manufacturer offers. We need to have a big personal R&D deptt to prompt us such changes. Since that is not possible its always better to stick to what the manufacturer offers.Or else go for sports cars or at the best a Palio 1.6L which is the best for ChhakDeing all other cars.  One must not expect a Maruti 800 to be a Getz or a Getz to be a Porsche 911

hey guys... met with an accident yesterday while driving from chennai to bangalore... windshield, hood, bumper are damaged... am feeling so sick to have my car damaged... i just cant take the sad scene out off my mind

yes DD, by god's grace no injuries... car is expected to be out of garage in a week. it was caused by a bus driver from the other side of the road and trying take U. he didnt wait for me and turned abruptly. i tried to stop and best i could was to go to the left as much as i cant and avoided the engine getting damaged.

yes i agree with FRG good thing is that you are safe and donot worry about your car the insurance is there and also if yu have plan of chagning you can sell your car and buy a new car too.

exactly... even supressing my emotions attached to my car, thinking more practically, i dont wanna sell it coz its not a major accident... no damage to engine and chasis... damages limiting only to the windshield, hood and bumper which are going to be replaced also with the pay support from insurance...

been to the service station to sign the claim forms, dealer's report is to change the hood, winshield, head lamps, bumper... any idea abt what percentage will i get from the insurance coverage for Glass, metal, plastic???