lalitvohra

Automatic transmission small car

I am planning to buy a small car (budget 5 Lacs) in Delhi for my father. Could anyone guide me which small cars are available with automatic transmissions. Also, pls enlighten on the following:

1) Mileage

2) Ease of driveability in delhi traffic.

3) Reliability

4) Cost of the cars

Tks all

Lalit

Three cars are there with automatic transmission

Wagonr

Santro

i10

Out of the 3 go for i10 as it has a superior 4 speed transmission than the WagonR and it is like to most powerful engine Kappa . Santro has same transmission except that it has irde engine.

The best best is go for i10 magna or sportz.

As an owner of a Santro AT for four years and a Zen AT for six before that let me state that while both are rudimentary (no TC lockup etc.) the Hyundai AT is far superior to the MS.

I just bought i10' date=' Asta, Auto transmission recently and get 6.25 kpl.

[/quote']

There was a discussion on TBHP. I beleive you have teh Kappa. The issue seems to be due the high revving engine demanding more enthusiatic driving. Also, you can say nothing at all about the mileage for the first 1000km or so. Only then the figure start having some meaning. My Santro does 9+kpl in Summer and 10+ in Winter. This is 100% city driving.

3 speed auto for WagonR is still available but only on demand...still check it woth your dealer.

but i will not recommend you WagonR....hyundai's automatic transmission

is the best available in its sengment, so i would preffer you Santro(if

you are too much concerned about efficience).

i10(for more pleasurable drive due to its 4 speed trans) if you go more on highways.

Still expect almost same mielage in city drive, also as Lust for Merc has said, mielage is subjective to your driving style.

P.S. i10's auto trans is caried forward from that of santro, its jsut tuned up for 4 speed auto trans.

mileage is getting better day by day , last time i filled the tank for 1000Rs , around 21.5 ltrs i got around 250kms . Most of the driving is without AC here in Bangalore. But i have got dense traffic frequently . waiting for first service in few weeks , will update again later.

hey dont even post the word milage for a auto transmission vehichel...as the gear shifting is out with giving easy pleasurable driving .....try going for the hyundai i10 automatic its good for city driving and gives around 10kmpl my cousin owns this vehichle and till date hasnt had any problem ... so go for it and more over auto vehicles cost a lot so pick the best that suits you

friends' date=' an add on query to this topic. Are there any offerings in so called premium hatch back with AT. Meaning the likes of Fabia, Jazz or Grande Punto?[/quote']

i think Jazz is the only one offering AT

Any manual tranmission car can be converted to a auto I am unable to place the name of the company pm me tommorrow but is Pune based company so you don't have limit your self to only the i10.

Any manual tranmission car can be converted to a auto I am unable to place the name of the company pm me tommorrow but is Pune based company so you don't have limit your self to only the i10.

Thats not entirely true. This product (that you mention) eliminates the use of the clutch pedal and replaces it with switch and a motor. The motor activates by pressing the switch and that presses the clutch. So the button needs to be pressed everytime you change gears. It has a similar switch fitted to the brake pedal too - so you loose out on engine braking too.

But the product isn't very reliable and the end result is nowhere near the ease and reliability of todays automatic transmissions.