apvkt

A-star Maruti's most fuel efficient hatch

Maruti Suzuki A-star proved its supremacy once again by achieving a spectacular top mileage of 39.48 kilometers per litre (kmpl) in a fuel efficiency rally in Mumbai yesterday.

link to the article

link to the article

I'm a proud owner of A-star getting decent mileage around 20kmpl..But anybody knows how to get more???

@apvkt: the best way to get better figures than that would be to get down and push the car in neutral with the engine turned off.  Or better still not to use the a/c at all and get cooked inside, in peak summer, with the all the window's rolled up to prevent turbulence.

DD it's better to use bicycle than to switch off the engine to avoid steering lock and risk to the life.

A-Star surely may be the best fuel efficient car just like Alto but I feel even similar models will have different milage figures.

I am not technically that expert but I have observed that same models with similar manufacturing dates have different milage figures. I don't know why ?

well i dont know whats the problem in my zen if i drive slow and conservatively or drive fast the mileage is almost the same always...and anyways i daily encounter drivers who are driving at such slow speeds as if their car is going to give 20 kmpl in city !!!!!