abhigtr

best place to produce vehicles

guys give your views in which way you think is the best place to manufacture vehichle in our country in terms of labour,logistics and many other factors  . there are 6 states you can vote for and give your views in why you vote for this state since many companies like peugot and citroen are eying for a come back to india and are deciding between tamilnadu and andrapradesh ....here r the 6 states so please vote  this is my humble request

the six states which are best place to manufacture  auto components and vehicles are

1-maharashtra

2-rajasthan

3-tamil nadu

4-karnataka

5-andra pradesh

6-gujarat

you decide which is the best state..........

Best place has got to be chennai and pune district in maharashtra .

Chennai is suitable for export market as it come along international trade route and the labours are cheap and many imported parts can be easily accessed .

Pune district is good due to govt. giving rebate on electricity tariff earlier on . Also the region has less humidity which help the manufactorers and the part suppliers are also near. The port such as Neva sheva and MTP are reasonably close .

guys show some spirit and vote for the state you like its good to know which state is the best and i go for voting tamil nadu due to its excellent logistics and labour availability  had only wished if  official  auto expo had taken place in chennai as chennai is detroit of india owing to companies such as ford ,hyundai ,bmw,renault-nissan,mitsubushi ,ashok leyland and such more having bases in chennai ...... and not the fact peugeot and citroen eying on tamil nadu and AP

If you look at volumes in a few months it will be Gujarat. Also, a huge number of ancillaries will also be there.

Also, Maharashtra with high taxation, expensive labour, and power problems will lose its sheen.

BMW,Ford, Hyundai, Nissan-Renault, Mitsu have chosen Chennai / Tamil nadu. So i think there are no second doubts! Maharastra used to be No:1, but now the favor is with Chennai. Reasons being infrastructure{potr, international connectivity}. you will always find a solid gvernment in T.N and whoever it is, they are always investment friendly..and a you will also find some of the MPs in cabinet berths at the centre who make it easier for the foreign auto companies. Lastly, south india in general tends to be much more stable and peaceful. its not only auto companies, nokia's facility in chennai has now overtaken its chinese plant in terms of volume and surprise..70% of the workforce here in nokia chennai are women!

Gujarat is really good place for this industry but then if current Guj govt(modi govt) gives tax soaps and other facility like given for Tata Nano, then i am not in favour of Gujarat, as these soaps have now resulted into lack of financial sources to Guj govt, and manufacturing of Tata nano will not benefit Gujarat as no income will come from this unit for years to come, so whats the use of just creating goodwill and much hype about Modi Govt. Sorry to be little off-topic.

But as far as place is concerned, i think Gujarat is ideal as its peaceful, have no problem regarding electricity, water, labour, etc. Its safe too and also has ports and nearer to various other ports and nearer to places like Delhi and Mumbai. Moreover Rajkot and its near-by places has many ancillary units which will help them a lot and are already doing good business. Also now it has companies like Chevy, Tata, AMW(trucks manufacturer), Bombardier(Metro trains manufacturer which are currently running in Delhi), Atul(Commercial vehicles) and others.
bluesapphire2009-07-02 07:03:49

@bluesaqpphire: I wish the effects of tax sops could be calculated so simply. There are also knock on effects, the economic boost to the area by the infusion a large number of relatively higher wage earners, has a major knock on effect. The gain due to this factor could add up to as much as 3 to 5 times the original loss. sgiitk2009-07-03 04:56:33

best place for setting up a new plant , i think Pune or Haryana... may be chennai but i dnt knw much about chennai...........

but if a company really interested to get TAX benifits then INVITATION from Punjab govt is Open... with decline in Industrial production now Punjab govt has start Inviting Industries......... BUT i will vote for PUNE & HARYANA..........

Tamil Nadu beats all other states hollow at present. All big names are there in T.N. T.N. has a history of being attractive for automobile makers. Royal <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Enfield, Standard Motors, Ashok Leyland were all there since ages. Even Austin cars used to be assembled in T.N. I am told.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Maharashtra is losing its sheen lately and is showing signs of ageing on the automobile front, after having been one of the earliest attractions since the 1940

I think in and around Madras with its seaport, Maharashtra around the Aurangabad/Pune belt and then Gujurat. I don't know why the Tata's went to West Bengal with the unions being so strong and all the red tapism.

I don't know why the Tata's went to West Bengal with the unions being so strong and all the red tapism.

Even Tata executive worder. The only thing I can see is proximity to Jamshedpur. Do nto forget that Tata's have always had a stronger committment to social uplift than most others. I understand that it was almost purely a decision of Ratan Tata. Maybe he wanted to start a number of projects in WB.

We must applaud him for putting his foot down once he saw things were not practicable, rather than trying to spend (or bribe) his way out.
sgiitk2009-07-08 04:47:20

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Tamil Nadu beats all other states hollow at present. All big names are there in T.N. T.N. has a history of being attractive for automobile makers. Royal </SPAN><?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Enfield</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">, Standard Motors, Ashok Leyland were all there since ages. Even </SPAN><st1:City><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Austin</SPAN></st1:place></st1:City><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> cars used to be assembled in T.N. I am told.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p></SPAN>

<P =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">?</SPAN><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes">?</SPAN></SPAN><st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial">Maharashtra</SPAN></st1:place><SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial"> is losing its sheen lately and is showing signs of ageing on the automobile front, after having been one of the earliest attractions since the 1940