chawla

Car ergonomics

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a hatchback with a max budget of 5 lacs. I want to know which car provides the best ergonomics for driver. As i am suffering with slip disc so i need a car which provides very good seating posture for driver seat.

got to be jazz but since its a price no foolish is gona pay i might say you considering between  fabia and grande punto since i test drove punto its quite comfartable to drive on ... td and see

The best drivers seat is in the Swift but the suspension is stiff for more handling next comes the Fabia whch has best ride and handling and is soft enough for you.

with your kind of budget, i don't think fabia fits in.

Also as you have mentioned you are suffering from slip disk, i would recommend you to go for automatic transmission.

there are few choices in your budget that you can go for:

1.i10

2.santro

3.wangonR.

Personal suggestion:go fo i10, it is the only car woth 4speed auto trans.

Hi,

Fabia (Active) 1.2 HTP will exactly suits your budget. Last month I bought one , it is fantastic in ride and suspension.Also I heard from the dealer that skoda is going to bring down the spare cost by localization. So in a long run keeping skoda fabia is not an issue.

Before I decide on Fabia, I had done lot of TD with all availabe Hatches.Fabia is somthing different in all aspects. Really I love it.

So my advice , go for Acive version with few compromise on other features like PW,Audio.. On road 5 Lahks it is really value for money.

Great car with affordable price.

Hi DnDs,

I had a look at the i10 sportz but its seat doesn't seams ergonomic to me. For an ergonomic seat these are the requirements:

A. Back rest position: Back rest position should be tilt-able. and should be of the shape of our spine. So spine gets proper rest.

B. Seat height: Seat height should be adjustable.

c. Seat Position: It should be adjustable.

D. Steering tilt:

E. lumbar disc support on seat: Most important for me.

F: Auto Transmission as you don't have to bend to front again and again. (Not must but very helpful)

G: Foot rest for the left foot

Let me know if i should take care of any other thing too....

Now based on these points can you all suggest me which car will provide most of them.

All the requirements are difficult to fulfil all the requirements for once. But I recommend that you extend your budget a little and consider the Hyundai i20. The seat is wide enough, it comes with steering tilt, seat height adjust, supple suspension that copes well with rough roads.

Consider steering mounted controls as well, since you don't have to hover around the central console too often. The i20 comes with them.

Lust for Merc]All the requirements are difficult to fulfil all the requirements for once. But I recommend that you extend your budget a little and consider the Hyundai i20. The seat is wide enough, it comes with steering tilt, seat height adjust, supple suspension that copes well with rough roads.

Consider steering mounted controls as well, since you don't have to hover around the central console too often. The i20 comes with them.

Yes, the i20 doesn't have the Fabia's handling finesse, but has a soft ride over bumpy roads.

So pls. consider one.

@ Chawla,

Everyone has different body structrure, height etc. Some people find i10 very comfortable and some people dont find it comfortable at all.

You should go and test drive every car that you think you can consider.

Check out the Zen Estilo.

If you must have an automatic, santro and i10 are our only choices as wagonR auto has been discontinued.

Or you may wait for the Volkswagon Polo, and hope it comes with an auto.

@ Lust for Merc

I know that the Estilo is one of the flimsiest cars on sale today.

BUT it is very comfortable. And moreover, the guy isnt going to a rally or going to eat highways at 150 km/h

I think estilo is a good buy.

For an ergonomic seat these are the requirements:

A. Back rest position: Back rest position should be tilt-able. and

should be of the shape of our spine. So spine gets proper rest.

B. Seat height: Seat height should be adjustable.

D. Steering tilt:

E. lumbar disc support on seat: Most important for me.

F: Auto Transmission as you don't have to bend to front again and again. (Not must but very helpful)

G: Foot rest for the left foot

as per your list, i10 sports has

D. Steering tilt:

as far as  lumbar disc support on seat is concerned i cannot confirm.

having said that , i suggested you i10 only because of it offers auto

trans, other aspects are subjective to yout personal comfort.

so the best way to judge is by having a LONG TD. If you find i10 uncomfortable then choose among the manual trans cars.

P.S. auto trans is actually very important for people having disc

problems,even doctors tell you to refrain from driving and riding two

wheelers.

I was reading about swift n team BHP and there in its test drive section they have mentioned that on swift "Driver enjoys fantastic ergonomics. " Can some one tell me what swift provides to make it fantastic ergonomics?

Ergonomics means all the controls are placed confortably with in the reach of the driver and they are simple to use . The good driving seat also makes it really comfy .

HI think swift enjoys fantastic ergonomics if YOU ARE a racer(even a formula1 car has good ergonomicssmiley2.gif It has a stiff suspension. I would recoment ritz in place of swift.

But my advice still is ZEN ESTILO.