lovemycar

lets share expectations!!!

hi all ACI users.... we all know budget is just few days away .......

what are your expectations from this budget.....

i hope for reduction in duty & ease of norms for all manufacturing units to boost R&D...

what u say????

bring down the duty on imports of car , sure it will eat into the domestic market share , but atleast will warn the domestic manufacturers that they can't take us for granted

Free fuel controls, and reduce excise and customs duties on fuel to bare minimum. that way we will see more of Shell and reliance pumps competing with the IOC and B.P's here.

So better quality and possible competition in cost?

My expectation is to give special benifits, rebates and other facilities to the car companies providing safety features and life saving devices such as Airbags, ABS etc... which really is required in our typical Indian driving scene.

We are not at all safe while driving on the roads as the Authorities governing the traffic don't value our lives.

Number of deaths in the road accidents may be the highest among other accidential deaths.

Instead of suffocating the developing car industry with 4m Excise Benifit that force car manufacturers to introduce low tech vehicles, Government should take extra steps to make the car manufacturers to add more safety features and they should be installed as standard equipments instead of an additional accessory at an extra cost.

To safeguard industry Govt can give subsidized Diesel than to save our lives can't Govt give subsidy for safety features in vehicles to the car manufacturers.

They can reduce import duty also on imported accessories related to car and passenger safety.

AUTOCAR, please use your "VITO POWER" to make our cars more safer.

Being the best Auto magazine, I am sure AUTOCAR will do something.

Ditto Sarabjeet. The excise on imported cars and bikes adds mercillesly to their prices and we can't enjoy the virtues buyers in the other part of the world can. Also, the Govt. should provide subsidy to manufacturers trying to localize their range.

I don't care about reducing excise but invest in infrastructure so  that we can move more smoothly . Exicse benefit to hybrid and do tax on emission norms not engine volume.

Subsidy for hybrids to make them more affordable, reduction of excise duties, creation of centralized sales tax, sops for manufacturers exporting cars from india.

I wouldnt ask for free fuel prices because that would lead to a huge fuel. Also reliance doesnt have better quality fuel, and shell markets oil from ongc's mangalore refinery. So no use of wishing that. If we want better quality fuel, wew just have to stricten the norms of fuel in india

1)Indian Government should put ban on use of Higher Wattage Bulbs in all Vehicles.

No vehicle should be allowed to use Bulbs Higher than 60/55 Watts. I always have to use smiley16.gif (Goggles) to escape from the Intensity of the 100/90W or 130/100W Bulbs.

2)Also, the Device which Dips the Headlight Beam from High to Low when the Headlight Beam of an oncoming vehicle falls on the former should be Made MANDATORY.

No Mechanic should be able to remove this Device no matter how long he works on it.

The ECM should be Configured in such a way that If this Device is removed, the Former should cut the Fuel Supply to the Engine.

Am I expecting Too Much?

Well that a big thing DD is it only for one year ?

Mine is govt. college so fees ,hostel and mess all included costs only 33k so not a big deal .

I have seen in the news that excise duty might increase this budget and news reporter make people think that govt. only makes sea links so that car people can enjoy them and not an average person . If it were real I would have slapped him and said if they reduced excess duty then many can afford cars.

yes excise duty should be reduced on the production of cars so that its affordable to the masses...for example if their is no duty on tata nano then it can easily sell for 1 lakhs ex-show-room !!!!

My son's College 2nd semester fees/books/bus fees are due' date=' roughly Rs.100,000. Gulp! So budget or no budget, this month's a 'deficit' budget for me.

[/quote'] i m completely agree with u , i have recently completed my POST GRADUATION & i knw how difficult for a working man to pay huge fee after every six moths in semester fees............. i thnk govt have to think on this education policy also...... pvt institutes charging huge amts from public.......... lets pary with  hope for a positive change in this sector too...

yes i appreciate ur views my friends,

Govt has to reconsider its policies about adoption of new hybrid technology,

latest & proved pollution norms,

Education To Indians about value of their life on Road,

Making it compulsary for all Auto co's to install ABS & Airbags as standard equipments in all vehicles they produce,

spending on Improving Roads( Infrastructure),

Making License Issuing Authorities more transparent..as we all know it is just a game of 1000 to 1500 Rs to get a Non verified Driving License..

GOVT HAS TO ISSUE NATIONAL IDENTITY or VERIFICATION SYSTEM TO AVOID THEFT & UNAUTHORISED USAGE OF VEHICLES....

there could be much more you can explain on this thread ..... please do it as a responsible ACI user & Indian ....

one more thing i m going to share this link with Central Ministry of India ( Transports, Finance, HomeAffairs & Planning Comission) because i know when India Speak in One TONE the Voice will Be Listen By Govt.......... JAI HIND

@DD thats very caring of you .

The fuel price hike today 4 rupees and 2 rupees for petrol and diesel obiously.

I was just watching times now slapgate at 9 to see the politicians hitting govt. employees and abusing them.

@DD thats very caring of you .

The fuel price hike today 4 rupees and 2 rupees for petrol and diesel obiously.

I was just watching times now slapgate at 9 to see the politicians hitting govt. employees and abusing them.

yes u r right,,,,,direct increase of Rs. 4 per Ltr on petrol will Hit hard on petrol users....... very  wrong decision by Govt........ i think govt has to reduce its cost of opreations ....... unnecessary movement of govt vehicles..one minister along with 10 to 12 cars....... & we have to pay in terms of taxes... for those who dont like to do a single favour to Public......

as per economic survey , there are strong chances that special cess about 3% on all category income tax payers will be removed....... as per estimate if someone is earning 10 Lacs Plus income annualy then it will directly save his/her 30,000 per annum.......

& good news for middle class also lower income tax slab can go upto 2.5 Lacs as per survey,,,,,

third oil sector co's ciuld be given autonomy on pricing issues......... as major disinvestments are on cards.....

Auto sectro also playing its role in improving Economy of country.so i think it must be given special exemptions.........

pray to God for crazy cat words regarding Hybrid technology need to our country & its environment..............& i think govt @ Co's Jointly has to draw a short term planning & action department to introduce low cost hybrid technology in cars as early as possible.........smiley14.gif

sorry mistakes above  i think govt @ Co's Jointly has to draw a short term planning & action department .........read this as " i think govt & Co's Jointly has to set up a short term planning & action commitee"

RECENT OUTCOMES OF BUDGET 2009

PSUs, banks and Insurance

• To hike promoter shareholding in PSUs

• Encourage people participation in disinvestment

• Banks and insurance will remain in public sector and will get all support

• Banking network to be expanded

• One banking centre in every block planned

• 160% hike in ADPRP

• Capital in fusion in PSU banks to keep them competitive

Inclusive development

• Creating entitlements backed by legal authority to provide basic facility to the aam aadmi

• NREGA gave employment to 4.4 cr household

• Reserve wage of RS 100 per day as an entitlement under NREGA

• Rs 39100 cr for 09-10 for NREGA an increase of 140%

• NREGA allocation increase at 144%

• New scheme PMAGY for integrated development of under developed villages

Pilot project this year

• Poverty eradication goal by 2014-15

• Interest subsidy to poor families for loans upto Rs 1 lakhs

National Food Security

• BPL entitled by law for Rs 25 kg of rice/wheat at Rs 3 kilo

• Bharat Niraman allocation up 45%

• PM Gram Sadak Yojana allocation up to Rs 12000 cr

• Indira Gandhi Awas Yojana allocation up by 63%

Others

• DEPB scheme for print media extended

• Stimulus package for print media extended to Dec 31

• Hike in allocation for management of Mumbai Floods

Women

• Focus on women self help group

• 22 lakhs such groups of women active today, aim to link such self help groups to banks

• Corpus for such schemes to be raised to rs 500 cr in this fiscal

• Aim to reduce female literacy by half in 3 years

Child development:

• New scheme to give interest subsidy to poor students pursue any recognised course

• New project for modernisation of employment exchange

• A national web portal for the same

Climate change

• Rs 562 cr for national river and lakes conservation

• To build accountable institutions:

• RTI act an important step in ushering in accountability

• Unique ID project is major step in this regard: it also marks a beginning of the private involvement in projects of national importance

Police and security

• Rs 430 cr for police modernisation

• 1 lakh housing units for central paramilitary forces

• Borders: 2284 cr for strengthening of borders
  • Exports

• Market development assistance schemes allocation up by 180% to 124 cr

• Interest subvention extended to march 2010 for employment extensive export sector

• Special fund for small industries development bank of Rs 400 cr

• Focus to sustain momentum in exports

spacer.gifReforms, Tax reforms

• To work on Saral 2 form to make income tax procedure simple

• Tax reform system to be completed in 4 years

• Balanced approach to financial de-regulation in justified

Oil and gas

• Domestic oil prices should be in sync with global crude

• National gas grid to be set up

• Outlay for Assam Gas Project increased

• Effective interest rate is 8% for farmers with foreclosures

• Expert group to be set up petro product pricing

Taxes

• Surcharge of 10% on personal income tax removed

• No change in Corporate taxes

• Increase exemption on personal income tax by Rs 15,000 to Rs 2,40,000 for senior citizens

• Increase exemption on personal income tax by Rs 10,000 to Rs 1,90,000 for women

• Increase in exemption on personal income tax by Rs 10,000 to Rs 1,60,000 for all others

• Surcharge of 10% on personal income tax removed

• Propose to phase out surcharge on Direct Taxes

• To remove Fringe Benefit Tax

• States agree on basic structure of Goods and Services Tax

• To raise Minimum Alternate Tax(MAT) TO 15 % OF book profit