praveen123

Drive the car on the UPPER kind of Road

Hello friends

I have a request

Please help me to overcome this problem kind of nightmare now for me.

On a hill road , on a road which is upper ( flyover)  i get tensed when stopped in between - i mean when the car stops for traffic,signal etec

I mean car always goes back since it is slope -  and behind there are other cars standing by ,always a chance that it will hit the back car.

what should i do -

help me with the technique so that next time

if i get stuck on the hill kind of road what should i care in mind ?

and when the cars start moving forward slowly how i should drive

wen you come to a stop, pull the handbrake. Put the car into first gear, and gently build up the revs using the accelerator. Slowly let go of the clutch, but dont let go if it too quickly. You have to almost let it slip. Remember NEVER to spin your tires though.

Praveen, the best option is to use the Handbrake and use the clutch and accelarator pedals in perfect combination! Dont worry this takes a bit of time to master but its easy if you concentrate.

All the best!

On the slope at signel I use handbrake ,when signel turns green I build up rev with half clutch and release the handbrake .It is useful in regions like peddar road because the guy behind never leave sufficient gap to release handbrake and then build revs.

Ditto rssh

Half clutch can deal with the uphill start problem. About 3.5K for petrol and 2K for diesel must be fine. I know how tricky it gets when you are off to an uphill start- hence I love the Electronic parking brake offered by VW and Audi.

When parking on incline, always engage in first gear and then also pull the handbrake. When driving of >press down the clutch> ignition> gas pedal>revs> release handbrake> slowly and move away. It requires some practice. Think of it this way: when the whole world's doing it why not me, and don't panic.