bluesapphire

SPIED - New HH Karizma

zma-new-450x333.jpg

The competition is the two wheeler segment is intense these days. With Bajaj upping the ante with the new Pulsar 220 DTSi which not only is faster but considerably cheaper, upgraded Pulsar 180 and 150 and TVS

The front and the fairing mounted mirrors are 220-like.

My first reaction to the post was "220? The title reads Karizma"

Anyways i expect an all new bike with Fi from Hero Honda. Not a cosmetic upgrade.

It is clearly evident that this is going to go head to head with the Pulsar 220. See the dia of the rear disc?

See the size of the muffler?

It is a indicator that the engine had grown.

I don't thing the engine will remain relaxed. It would get more buzzy if the size has increased by 70 cc but if it becomes 250cc to Then HH would be fencing two segments that is 220 and the Kwaker 250 with one bike?!!

So this is the reason why Bajaj launched the carburetted version of the 220 with extra power! But if the cc of Karizma has increased and it offers FI, then Bajaj loses one very important consideration wrt emissions and tech.

hope it has a sportier feel like a full faring and not those bikini fairing ..... and hope it has more power  and torque punched in it  with a decent pricingabhigtr2009-07-03 05:06:49

ogaaanxcwzbpmqkzigexvn0vcim-0f-wmp4.jpg

Lo and behold the new Karizma! Yes this is the new Karizma that we all have been waiting for and without wasting any more time in verbose I will straight away get down to whats new in the 2009 Karizma.

* Full Fairing

* Split Clip On Handle Bars

* Split rear grab rails

* New Colors

* PGM-FI (Programmable Fuel Injection)

* Mirrors mounted on the fairing

* New rear mud guard

* New headlamp and tail lamp which is now LED

* New Graphics (Traditionally Hero Honda)

* Slightly reprofiled body work

* Gas Charged Shock Absorbers

New 2009 Hero Honda Karizma

hero_honda_karizma_pgm_fi_2-450x337.jpg

SRC- CC.

Its looking too huge (read the front fairing), in these pics not looking so good, seems like somebody has personally modified to make it look like Hayabusa but failed miserably, but still will reserve my comments until i look it in real.
bluesapphire2009-07-09 05:53:38

yes its true!!!

visit anmolsharma.tripod.com for latest about new zma
Dear first decide what you want to say, previously you said that there is no way new ZMA is coming as you confirmed with some insider and now suddenly you are saying that yes its coming..

i don't like the looks of the new HH karizma from the side

it doesn't look like a fully made sports bike

HH had just tried but not done the full work

it should contain some more graphics

i agreeee but with a large body it should have big tires

n a verry powerful engine to compete with the all new PULSAR 220

2009-pulsar-220-dtsi.jpgbajajnew-pulsar-220-dts-i-2009-6-23-8.jp

The flaring looks fragile and I think it may come off any time . If a better quality pic is provided then I can confirm my comment. The tyres look skinny with that flaring;

The flaring looks fragile and I think it may come off any time . If a better quality pic is provided then I can confirm my comment. The tyres look skinny with that flaring;

Sorry to disagree rssh

But to me it looks rather sturdy. The rear tyre is not very clear in the pic, but to me it appears to be of the same size.

I hope the final product looks good enough to give pulsar 220 and yamaha R1 sleepless nights. But yes i agree that tyre size needs upgrade, but i think we should wait for final product to comment on it. With these pics, i think the launch is nearby, may be august or something like that.

If this is really the new Karizma, it should obviously get better tyres, a split seat, a less bulbous, preferably a sharper looking fairing rather than the one in the pic which is exposing the engine. People other than bikers will definitely be amused if not confused that such a big fairing houses a 223 CC mill.

Sure the PGM-Fi promises to take refinement & performance to another level along with the price tag.

I'm guessing HH will relaunch the "ALL NEW UPDATED ZMA" with a 95,000 Rs price tag reminiscent of the 2003 original launch. Ofcourse now with a rear disc & a Fi system, and am assuming it has an Oil cooler, then it maybe worth it. Going by the pics, it seems the wheelbase is the same.

It remains to be seen whether HH's new Karizma uses an open loop or a closed loop Fi system. Bajaj & TVS use Open loop Fi, which in Bajaj's case proved expensive to maintain & ofcourse raised the price much more. Hence the new 220 DTS-i with a 70,000 price tag. vr.462009-07-09 13:51:23

Unless the pictures are clear. it will be really unfair commenting upon. besides the Zma has always been a great performance bike and was once known as the best machine on Indian Roads. The Zma gave a tight competition to its competitors. but after the Fi was introduced in Indian bikes, only few names were considered..p-220 n R15 and sometimes RTR too. but now when the Zma replaces carb with a FI....hard to comment but I hope the Zma doesn't affect other's existence.