bingo

Honda City

Dear All.. I am getting home New Honda City 1.5 SMT within 10 days. I am still confused regarding the colour. Can you please help me. Also I am interested in putting up fog lamps and alloy wheels. Can you please please help me out.

try for either red or black since they look stunning in the night time  .... try for some good after market oz wheels they look great on these vehichels and i dont think fog lamps is necessary on this car ... putting fog lamps might change a little look and class of this car ...and try to fabricate the wheels with some good color to give a sportier feel

I think the Grey is good color, again the light gold is good, the white is too damn common, Alloys go for brushed aluminium look or the full crome look. You can also look at the new Apollo alloys I liked the designs there.

The Fog lamps would be some tricky stuff becuase there is no place for them to fit in the extreme corners on the lower bumpers were they should be ideally.

So forget about that for now.

Also upsize from the present wheel size when you go for the alloys and get tires of 195 size on the wheels that fills ups the wheel wells well and gives a flush look with the mudguards.

Fog lamp are required depending on what climatic conditions you live in

and costing 26k you might think of it well . Don't go for honda brands alloy
(40k with out good design). I personally felt that the beige colour looks classy on the city and if I were you Iwould have gone for this.

@anijog upsizing the tyres might void his warrenty .

White or Silver are my choices, White City looks very sporty.

Try fogs from outside, showroom people would rip you!

There is a vast variety of Alloys to choose from!

White looks quite good for the <?:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />new City. But colour is a truly personal choice. Please go through all the suggestions and go for what suits you the best. Alloys and fog lamps from the ASS are very costly, but should be preferred over substitutes. If one buys a car for Rs 9 L spending some few tens of thousands should not matter. Again that

Hi Bingo, welcome to the Honda City club, i got my gold beige color in april, from experience the darker colors tend to show the scratches too soon, this was my experience in my black santro earlier.

The pearl grey is the costliest to maintain as my dealer informed that matching that color requires more effort, white is the easiest to maintain.

Check with your dealer before changing the tyre size as it may lead to voiding the warranty....also did you try the AT option, its a pleasure to drive that in the traffic and very relaxing too....maybe you could check that out too

Hi Bingo, congrats on the new honda city and welcome to the club, i got mine in april and went for the gold beige color. Couple of things that i found out fm the dealer later on as my car got scratches and had to be re-painted.

Basically all metallic colors except white are expensive to maintain, the scratches are more visible on the darker shades.

Also check with your dealer regarding upsizing the tyres as it may lead to voiding the warranty. Did you by any chance check out the AT option, its a pleasure to drive it in the traffic...maybe you can have a re-look at that

White car looks fabulous, whatever the segment be. But considering the rains, don't go for it. Don't go for the Black either, since the scratches and dings prominently show up. I think you should go for the Red, in which the City looks phenomenally sporty.

I fully endores anjan's view. I may add that some years (or is it decades) ago a survey in the UK showed that Grey and Black were more accident prone due to their getting lost in the ambient esp. at sunset.

Thanks All.. for all your valuable suggestions.. I've decided upon "White" n would get the delivery on 23 jul.. its gonna be SMT.. thanks again.. Also if you can please upload the pics of your white baby.. m xited