Sign in to follow this  
P_One

Legends...

which is the most exciting indian-made car youve driven? the ford ikon 1.6 the venerable josh machine, the erstwhile honda city VTEC, the Esteem? lets have it out here guys...and feel free to add any make/model of your choice.

The most exciting Indian-made car would definately be the Honda City Vtec. But if I were to speak from affordability point of view then Id say Maruti Esteem.

But then I also like the HM Contessa, thats a completely different yet exciting experience.

FRG

utopia would be a car with the ikons bottom end and steering, the VTECs top end 7000rpm rush and VTEC brakes, the ikons handling and the accord V6s rocketship performance. but we dont live in an ideal world...

haha i was waiting for that....i was surprised it took so long for somebody to think about the RS...but then to be fair, it does have tremendous torque steer and that does detract from its handling.

Arent we talking about legends here?

We overlook the shortcomings of legends, and look more at what made them legendary. The HM Contessa. The closest, I think, India got to making a muscle car. Especially visually. Id love to get one rebuilt and reworked into some kind of monster. Its possibly the only India that qualifies as retro chic (either this or the ambassador, which is more retro-cheek smiley36.gif) .

Oh and yes, of course, the last-gen City VTEC. What a little bolt it is! God bless that car. Hope never to sell mine..

launch.png

rowwwwrrrr....im gonna take my old padmini shell, seam weld them rear doors, bin the rear bench, put in a roll cage. buckets up front, 17" rims and a whole new engine (i wont tell u which but trust me itll be quick) heheheh...and of course a butterfly valve in the exhaust...no cjav cars like the swift for me....

It was also the old Jeep later Mahindra CJ 4A, that came with the 2400cc Hurricane petrol engine. It was rough and tough and a real fun to drive- a real muscle UV of its times. The diesel engine MD2350 was introduced replacing the CJ4A and the model became CJ500D, which was economical but could'nt reach above 85-90 kmph. the NVH levels were astounding and very awful.