gameboy001

power windows installation

hi people,

i would want to know is it better to go for a model of a car with prefitted power windows or getting power windows fit afterwards from the authorised dealers equally good.??....

has any of u got power windows fitted later.. how good was the job done by the worker.. and did it leave any rattling or any other problem?

Well it always cheaper to install it afterwards but the thing in the power window switches need a separate drilling place on the door and doesn't looks good as the oem switches.

Hey gameboy what car do u own ?. i have a Maruti  2008 alto lxi celebration edition. i fitted original MGA electric windows from the maruti dealership and yes they require a sort of drilling but like the after market ones, you wont be able to see the drilling holes as they come with  original Oem claddings along with the window switches which helps to conceal the drilling holes just like original ones(my car's power window unit looks as if it came with the car, no one can make out that it was installed later unless i tell them!!.) I think you should stick to oem units instead of going for after market ones as they come with warranty. plus installing after market units hampers your car's manufacturer warranty. The whole power window kit for the 2 front doors manufactured by Magna which supplies these kits to Maruti suzuki ,were priced at Rs 5,600 inclusive of taxes. swiftvxi062009-07-07 05:29:31

I do agree rssh about the OEM switches.. yes you can not get that finish like the one what you get with the original fitted power windows.

Also the installation is a bit typical too.

My Esteem's left door got crashed by some other vehicle..

I got it fixed soon but even after the Maruti people working upon, the power window is not working well till date. So better get the standard company fitted power windows.

thanx for the detailed reply... really helpfull.

i have booked Ritz Lxi..but due to the whole power window issue i was planning to call the sales person and change my booking to Vxi.. but after ur review i would stick to Lxi as Vxi has nothing substantial to offer..

and yes i would be goin for power window fitting from the matuti dealer.. so i guess(hoping) no issues abt fitting defects.

Congrats gameboy. Ya just tell the dealer to fit original MGA power windows which comes as standard in Wagon r VXi and versa DX,DX2.The original MGA kit looks the same as in Wagon r VXi, Versa DX2, Esteem LXi. You can download the pics of the kit along with serial number atthe accesories pdf file at www.marutiritz.com.  best  of luck. No question of defects as all its electrical wirings are inserted through the main rubber mould (found in the front doors) which carries the electrical cords of rear tail lamps.Since you are buying a Ritz LXi i would recommend you to fit internally adjustable view mirrors(left and right side) of Ritz VXi in your LXi for improved and hassle free rear vision as view mirrors of LXi are similar to those found in Alto, A-star which have very limited adjustment and creates massive blind spots, Even i have changed my Alto's mirrors with those found in Alto VXi (now discontinued).The view mirrors may cost Rs 1200 to 1500 each.

hi all,

i need some help.. the maruti guy did not offer any discounts on ritz and nor freebies either (not even footmats and mud flaps)..

on insisting a little he told me he can get teflon coating done on the upper body of the car or he said he may just give foot mats and mud flaps on the day of delivery.

which one should i insist on?.. and is teflon coating done by maruti dealers god enough??..

I realy dont see the logic behind getting free Mud Flaps and Carpets. But to each his own. Anyways' date=' Dont bother with the teflon coating.

[/quote']

so u say teflon is not at all useful?/.. nor is it imp for new cars?

Hey buddyTeflon coating is a good-to-have protection, if you live at excessively humid place, it becomes a must-have-thing! Teflon Coating does protect your car from rust, scratches and environmental paint damages.

@swift

What benefits you say about teflon exactly the same benefits are provided by wax polish, what do you mean by Teflon coating is it a spray liquid, please expand on your information. Would like to inform you that the enamel coating on the OE paint after 2 coats of paint in the factory is all required for a new car, however with age of the paint waxing and polish becomes necessary so the need for waxing, still if you want to get spoofed who am I to stop you?

I GOT MY RITZ DELIVERED TODAY.DROVE ABT 140 KM MOSTLY HIGWAY(HAD TO GO SOMEWHERE AND DECIDED TO GO IN RITZ)..

THE CAR SEEMS TO BE VERY COMFORTABLE AND THE AC IS DAMM EFFECTIVE... BUT THERE IS ONE ISSUE I WOULD LIKE TO ADRESS....

I DID NOT SEEM TO NOTICE IT DURING THE STARTING PART OF MY JOURNEY BUT LATER I NOTICED A LOT OF ENGINE NOISE IN THE CABIN.. .

ANT RITZ OWNER IN HERE PLZZ COMMENT ON THE ISSUE.

IS ANYONE FACING THE SAME PROBLEM??....AND DOES IT HAVE A SOLUTION?.

k.. i will do that..

also plz suggest me the audio system i should go in for in my car.. i would preferabley go in for the onse available with the authorised dealerso do suggest me among the ones available wid maruti.

k.. i will do that..

also plz suggest me the audio system i should go in for in my car.. i would preferabley go in for the onse available with the authorised dealerso do suggest me among the ones available wid maruti.

Do that and you'll end up with paying a premium price for very average audio quality.

Looks like I have bumped into an old thread.

I want to fix power windows for my New dzire Ldi which has beige interiors.

1) Should I go for MGA or Some after market

2) Does MGA mean the same power window motor which comes in a Swift Vxi/Zxi or MGA motor is just a common motor for all maruti cars?

3) I dont want to add a separate small box to add the power window button. I would like it to be integrated in the door panel arm rest just like OEM.

4) Can i not buy the entire set used in a swift Vxi/zxi variants and fix it so am sure there will be no issues ever?

5) Should the Power windows be fitted from the showroom or from accessories store?

Please help

I think Kushal, if you want integrated PW assembly like the OEM, you may have to get it done from the showroom/workshop itself.

First of all, you may have to check how much that would cost you as you may have to change all the 4 door panels plus the cost of the motors and the switches + labour cost.

Just to give some Idea...recently my brother got a quote of Rs 6000 for two front PWs for our newly booked Ritz Ldi from Rana Motors Gurgaon. The accessory will be MGA and will be fitted by Maruti certified technician.

Note: this is a discounted rate. Actually price they quoted was approx 7000 Rs.
Sstar2012-02-22 18:04:24