chatterjeeps

Best time for car purchase

When is the best time to purchase a car in terms of lowest price. When do the companies like Maruti and Hyundai provide the maximum cash discounts and other benefits? The current offer of Rs 23000 cash discount on WagonR is expiring on 31 Oct. Do we expect further increase in the discounts on account of Diwali?

Festivals are a good time. Even the end of the year is a good time to purchase, companies give good discounts during this time to lure customers. The downside is that you might get a registration of 2007 for a car which was delivered in 2008. This could affect resale value.

You may get a higher discount, so just wait for a few days. Post diwali discounts would probably be taken back. Also you may get higher discounts if opting for a loan.

FRG
FuelRunGod2007-10-30 10:27:04

The end of the year discounts as pointed out by FRG is the best time. The minus factor is that one gets a model that is labelled as the previous years!Hence if ever its resold it is recognised as a model thats a year older- no one sees the month as a 2nd hand car buyer. Only the model year is seen.

i agree with FRG the resale value gets effected . the offers are available almost all months but it is the festive seasont that is supposed to be the highest discount season but this is a normal offer by MAruti for its wagonrR

its always better to wait for the new year to get a new car you will get your car model as 2008 for just waiting for 2 months.

dont worry offers will be there alomost every month but it my be same more or less than the current discounts.

pryas2007-10-30 20:50:19

Thank you all for your valuable comments. Since I do not intend to sel off the car in the near future, I wuld consider saving a few bucks by buying right away rather than wait for the new year... moreover, I am very impatient to get the new car... I have worked hard to earn myself a position to get this car. Wish me all the best guys... hope I get a good deal.

Hey don't ask for freebees but for discounts ,if he is giving freebees like car care product then don't go for it instead ask for free audio system with ipod and mp3 compactibility and even bluetooth ,don't buy seat covers from them as the look good but are not durable.

Since the discounts are high at this time, the Dealers are not giving much accessories. However, I might be able to get the following for free in my deal as per preliminary discussions. Do you think this is a good deal? Please advise if I should replace a few of these and go for some other accessory.

1. Mud flap

2. Foor mat

3. Central Locking OR Gear Locking (any one)

4. Side moulding and Bumper moulding

5. Seat Covers

6. Steering cover

7. perfume

8. Cigarette lighter.