Sign in to follow this  
karan_4n

Helmet

i am looking for a new Helmet. Though I have a three helmets in good condition,but I need a motocross one. Where do I get it from?? it would be helpful if someone suggest me any retailer in Delhi.

Is there a helmet that doesn't affect visibility much? If there is one, i'd like to go for it. Because my current helmet does no justice to my safety while driving(sure it'd help me once i fall down).

which helmet are you using CC?? I have tried many ones and almost of every shape. The last I got is a gifted one which is used in motocross. That has got wider viewfront and thus better visibility. But just I will have to get pair of riding glasses too. before this motocross helmet I was using Studds Ninja, Steelbird openface, Habsolite, Aerostar openface and GTS.

I'm using a full faced one. The problem with it is, i've to turn to the sides to see things, which i can see without turning when i'm not wearing helmets. This is for even checking out the sides for vehicles. And another thing is, the sound of horn, and engine sound, are like half-muted. If some vehicle comes close, i get to know too late than usual.

Is there any other type of helmet, than can give maximum visibility?

I just tried clicking few random pics of my helmets.

Here are they

This is the newest one that I got. I needed one with no sticker job so that I can make custom ones and can put my signature over it.

P1010070.jpg

This one is what I was using before(with custom stickers)

P1010071.jpg

Sorry for the dislocated pics...couldn't untie them of skateboard. P1010072.JPG

This one I used when I use to drive Shogun back at home and was into little bit of stunts. n this saved me number of times.

PD900i-0486.jpg

PD900i-0485.jpg

and the one below is hardly used, but i keep it for pillion rider on my bike.

PD900i-0484.jpg

karan_4n2009-07-21 06:47:16

Well the newest one you see has wider view port and thus gives you better visibility.

When I was using the small Habsolite, it was really light and strong. Fell too many times from my bike while trying stunts, but this helmet saved my skull smiley1.gif.

But for better visibility I bought the Aerostart GTS.., but found it really loose.

Then i bought the Ninja and found it really good regarding the comfort and viewfront(as the chin panel can be suspended upwards). But even this I found was little heavy and gave me back ache on long rides and hills.

And now I have got the open motocross helmet, I hope it satisfies my needs.

Between I tried the open face helmets too but they are kinda unsafe on highways and doesn't give you feel of safety of being all covered. So I personally never recommend it.

Thanks for the link, i saw the pics now. I think the yellow colored one is the one you purchased. How much does it cost? and what brand is it? I think that would suit me well, as it as wider opening.

I read somewhere that after a crash, helmet should be dumped and a new one should be used, as it is unsafe to use a crashed helmet.

Well this is what I kept in mind and demanded this helmet. It has a wider opening, but just have to make sure that you got to carry riding glasses too. else you get such helmets with slass fitted too, but yeah they weren't so appealing. Don't know about the price because this yellow was a gifted one.

@Helmet Reuse...,Yes CC you are absolutely right about what you have heard. The helmet once crashed Should Strictly not be used, but well I was not a pro biker those days and couldn't stand scratches on other new helmet so used to carry the same one always.