saugato2000

Wagon-R Duo/ A-Star/ i10 Era?

Hi,

After lot of research , TDs , Budgeting , I have narrowed down to Wagon R Duo and A-star VXi,i10 IRDe ( Era) which some what fit to my criteria as below.

1. I needed a car within Rupees 4 Lakhs price range.
2. Great FE or running cost.
3. Good after Sales service.
4. Great resale value after 3 years.
5. Extra features like 2 front power windows and ICE within that 4 lakh budget.

A-star Vxi comes after discount exact 4 lakhs after discounts in Kolkata and Wagon R Duo comes at a price 3.76 lakhs which gives some extra 20 K for ICE fitting .

Since i10 Era has a older IRDe engine, I am worried that it will not fetch me any resale after 3 years I try to sell it.

the i10 era is approx 4.05lakhs on road so You need more money for ice

the a star and wagon R are also close to 4 lakhs . I think resale value will be held better in the i10 as it is a modern car even thought the engine is old still it will fetch more . For good ice haggle with the hyundai dealer and ask for free music system or free insurance.

All the cars listed here will fetch you decent resale value, since they are from two reputed brands. I feel the A-star will be the best choice for you, since it comes with all the features you need; it is having the most fuel efficient engine among the three; and it is having the most comfortable ride. However, Wagon R has the highest seating position, though the other two are also pretty comfortable.

It also depends on how many persons will be travelling in car normally. If it is 4 or 5 then A-star is not a good option.

On the points which you are looking for here is my opinion:

A-Star gives you highest mileage in all these and difference is big as compared to other 2.

No doubt running cost and after sales service of Maruti is better as compared to Hyndai.

Resale value i think it will be nearly same for all three but as of now i can't comment much on A-star as this is the new car and is not having a good market till now.

If you have a look at the interiors no doubt i10 is far better than A-star.

All the three cars are best suited for only 4 persons on long journeys. You could also carry 5 persons for short trips. The space will be best in Wagon R, since the seats are higher. A-star front seats have long travel(forward-backward adjustment). And hence, it will be the most comfortable of the lot, if there are only two persons to travel.

Since your budget is upto Rs 4L you may stretch a more and may go for Hyundai Accent.

You will not get modern engine but still New Accent feel fresh with big, airy and biege colour interior, big boot and also driving experience is also excellent comparing with the experience of A-Star and Wagon-R.

i10 will be the best choice out of your selection.

Thats true !

i10 is the best option, may be he can try with Indica Vista. So that he can get really big hatch under his budget.

Indica Vista is really a matured version of old Indica. It is really great car with some features that are hard to find in pricey sedans but still people shy away for opting for one.

Instead of cramped A-Start or WagonR Indica Vista is 1000 times better vehicle.

hello frnd.... please mention the price of hyundai i10 1.2L kappa magma model........... if its below 4 lacs then opt it............ othewise if u need space both height & width then opt wagnor duo....... if space is not a concern then go with A Star.......

every vehicle has its own pros & cons........ u have to decide on the basis of ur requirement. of space & Fuel alternate availability in Kolkata

Why hasn't Santro figured in your scheme of things? I think it will suit your needs well. It has much better build and refinement than the WagonR. For your tight budget constraints I think Santro would be the best buy.

If you have a budget of 4 lacs or so i would definetly recommend you go for the Ritz VXi because its a car for the future generations with its superbly refined K12M BSIV compliant engine and good dual tone interiors nd a pretty good build compared to the other 3 here. the wagon r, a star, i10 are becoming old nd i definetly don't recommend any of them. and ritz is gonna have a superb after sale service considering they are from MZIL, and its resale value is gonna be superb. so go for it!