Sign in to follow this  
buycar

Teflon coating

I had written on this forum some weeks ago about suggestions on buying a car. Would like to say thanks for all the help and inform that i have booked a chevy optra magnum 2.0 LT to be delivered on sunday.

Would like to know if it is worth getting the 3M exterior protection and the under chassis anti corrosive treatment done ? It is going to cost around 10000

I think 3M has a package of exterior protection 0 ,6 ,9 months and it will cost much lesser than the dealer is quoting search for mumbai 3M authoristed dealer . Anticorrosive treatment is already done in the factory so it ani;t recommanded for atleast one year . Try to bargain bring the price of 3M till 5000 Rs and ask if he is authorised reseller of 3M products.

I checked with 3M. They dont have any "3M" dealer. They operate through various car dealers and dont have any other authorised outlet. My car dealer is one of their authorised dealers. The exterior is 0,6,12 months and under chassis is 5 years warranty.

Is it better than the "teflon" coating other people offer for around 2500 ? The split is 5500 for under chassis and 4750 for exteriors. Is the quote in the other thread only for exterior ?

Buddy in modern cars there is enough under body treatment done by the manufacturers to avoid any kind of rust.....just jack up your car and look under it... if it has a rubber like coating all over the under body you don't need to spend extra money for that quoting......just get the car coated with Dupont Care product...and that will be all.......

do we have the paint protection films in india ? or only the paint protection polishes / coatings like teflon ? my brother in US says they have paint protection with lifetime warranties. anybody can guide on dupont authorised dealers in pune or mumbai