kain

Why FZ mileage is less

Hi all,

Eventhough it gushes out the same power & torque as that of Pulsar 150 & HH CBZ xtreme, why FZ mileage is lesser than its counterparts?.

If u compare it with our more powerful & Torquey TVS apache( which is giving 45 under city conditions ), still it is below the former.

One of the main reason for the bike to give low mileage is because of the wide rear tires, which can increase the friction between the tyre nd the road surface.

the other thing is yamaha has been always known to leave out the mileage angle from their prospects so there do not tune the engine to give a better mileage, whereas other manufacturers taking in this angle tune the engine so as to give a better mileage.

if u wanna increase the mileage then u can try changing the rear tyres to a thinner one, but i do not recommend it coz fz's beauty is its tyre nd it gives gr8 cornering confidence so do not do that atleast until ur warranty seizes smiley2.gif

I do agree with GK. and FZ's mileage isn't that low.

And whatever the mileage it lags from P-150 and Extreme., its all because of the pair of widest tyres that Yamaha has put up in country.

Its not like wat u r thinking. friction or adhesion between tyre and road surface always do not depends on area of contact ( i.e. irrespective of the width of tyres the friction will remains same). it depends only on the material..

but GK one of ur point .i.e. engine tuning ll play a role.

never tell wider tyres increases friction.

due to the wider tyres, u ll have better stability at corners & good wear characteristics.

Wide tyres are the prime reason. As soon as you stop accelerating, speed of bike comes down drastically compared to other bikes. Try to push FZ, though lighter than other bikes, it'll need more pressure to move FZ.

kain when you have wider tyres there is a loss of torque do to the increased rolling friction between the tyre and the road surface so it naturally reduces the overall performance and mileage. yes you get better cornering abilities but the post was "Why FZ mileage is less" and there is the answer!!

i dont think fz is bad at mileage.my fz gives around 45 in most of the conditions which can be bettered by maintaining the speed. and surely the wider tyres are not the reason for less mileage,,instead these tyres have very low rolling friction. i think fz's mileage depends on how you ride it,,its instant pick-up tends the riders to go fast,,which results in less mileage.