asharora

want to buy new car range 6 lac

Go for a petrol, your running doesn't justify a diesel, i20 and Punto will be the best options within your budget.

Punto is a very good car with good ride and handling and is a better driver's car but interiors are average and FE will be less than i20(marginal though).

i20 is a good all-round car but performance is average.

Test-drive both of them and decide.tanmay872009-07-12 08:51:07

hey try going for the punto .... its great to drive and feels so solid on outside  and easy to control the car  and  the milage figures are also good try going for the punto

well your monthly travel is 500 kms and that turns out to be 6000 kms p.a. So diesel won't be a good suggestion.

Now there are lot many cars in the market that fall into this category.

I can suggest you to make choice betweeen Ritz Zxi and i20 Magna. You can get these nice hatchbacks within your budget and you end up saving a lot that you can further spend on accessories or anything. MSIL has very well caught the Indian nerve and gives you best possible configuration amongst its competitors. On other hand the i20 is proved to be a great car. (except for the fact that Hyundai costs higher on services and accessories than Maruti.)

Though Punto is a nice piece of engineering but I am not too sure about the After Sales Service that Fiat is providing through TATAs.

(If you have Punto in your mind, do check out the dealer's services in your city and there responses.)

If you need a hatchback. I think i20 would be a good buy. Its loaded to the core but the 1.2 Kappa does feel tad underpowered on the i20.

If its a sedan dont look beyond Dzire Vxi( except for the looks)

Hi ash, after going through your requirements, i would suggest that  you should go for a petrol sedan. the best car to suit your budget would be the Maruti Swift Dzire VXi. Its a good sedan for a top model hatchback money and its fairly loaded as well.its powered by the free revving 1.3litre G-series 87 bhp engine(same as the swift) and its fuel efficient too. i also was in a dilemma when i asked the same questions and forum members suggested me to got for a swift dzire VXi. I have test driven the car and will book it in a month or two.The looks of the dzire are a bit awkward or it has its own style statement. apart from looks its a sedan worth to look at if your budget is Rs 6 lakhs.For 6 lakhs you get :

>Electronic Power steering
>Power windows(all)
>Central Locking,

>Fully integrated stereo with 4 speakers.
>Rear centre armrest and headrests,
>Huge boot (460litre).
So, as karan said, stick to dzire and since it is a maruti suzuki product, maintenance & after sales service would be top notch. Best of luck buddy!!!!
swiftvxi062009-07-13 06:49:26

First make sure you want to buy hatch back or a sedan.  If hatch back then you can go for i20 or punto or wait for the launch of Polo from VW which will be launched in jan 2010. Also you can go for AVEO-UVA

If sedan go for Linea.

Diesel is not advisable for the type of running you have.

a good target price.... but i think petrol will not help for mileage..... even you can go for diesel..... we know that the forum"s decision is not a final decision. better discuss also with any of your real life friend who has cars...

-dinesh

Hi ash' date=' after going through your requirements, i would suggest that  you should go for a petrol sedan. the best car to suit your budget would be the Maruti Swift Dzire VXi. Its a good sedan for a top model hatchback money and its fairly loaded as well.its powered by the free revving 1.3litre G-series 87 bhp engine(same as the swift) and its fuel efficient too. i also was in a dilemma when i asked the same questions and forum members suggested me to got for a swift dzire VXi. I have test driven the car and will book it in a month or two.The looks of the dzire are a bit awkward or it has its own style statement. apart from looks its a sedan worth to look at if your budget is Rs 6 lakhs.For 6 lakhs you get :

>Electronic Power steering
>Power windows(all)
>Central Locking,

>Fully integrated stereo with 4 speakers.
>Rear centre armrest and headrests,
>Huge boot (460litre).
So, as karan said, stick to dzire and since it is a maruti suzuki product, maintenance & after sales service would be top notch. Best of luck buddy!!!!
[/quote']

@ swift vxi- you will be the right person to answer my question. I wanted to know about the Dzire vxi engine.Snce you are having Swift vxi(since dzire and swift share the same engine) Is it underpowered. Hows the performance of the engine Does it match with the quality of the Swift/swift dzire vdi engine which is a master piece.

Please explain in this regard