designersf

Tata Nano passes European crash tests!!

Wow! Brilliant news! I knew since beginning that Nano is a safe car but qualifying & passing crash tests is very commendable. Im so excited because of the shear prices it comes for, beats some of the expensive competition when it comes to safety.

With this many mouths that were commenting on Nano's lack of safety would be shut!

Tata knew it had to pass NCAP after the worst crash figures of reva many people doubt about a small car . Though I would love to see alto and 800 crash too and compare.

Bravo, marvellous. Tata knew that they are going to sell Nano in regions like USA and EU and hence it qualified NCAP tests with flying colors. Hats off to TATA. Many said previously that nano will not be safe and thus M800 is still better choice, i would like them to comment on this news please. Alto or 800 cant even qualify NCAP tests, forget 4stars for them.

Nano has not got response as it was expected and i think this news will help their sales, but more than that operation of sanand plant will help them grew their sales, many are not willing to wait for this much time.

Great news. Hats off  to Rathan Tata and his brilliant team for making such a great product. This achievement is more than enough for all the so called superiors who blamed the project to keep their mouth shut.

this was testing under standard conditions ......... or in artificial atmosphere....

a straight & direct hit........ but in INDIA mostly cars got hit from right or left side... & in that condition i dnt think this testing will be benificial.........

no doubt front collapse testing passed by NANO.....

ONE MORE THING can we consider that after having such a hard hit from front .....front  tinted glass remains fully protected ...... not even a single crack!!!!!!!!! AMAZINGsmiley36.gif

Good for the UK built car, what would be the condition for a India built car?

The Nano lauched in India without the crash test. Though crash test is compulsory in the West the same crash test could have been carried out before lauching it in India, there is no crash test data for the Indian Nano, so I am still skeptical on the Indian Nano. smiley13.gif

This crash test news would have been a USp for Indian market too.

If they are declaring it now they could have done the same thing when the lauched it in India, I don't recollect reading the Nano clearing NCAP tests prior to it's launch in India! what was the harm in doing so then, it would have only built on the hype for the car at the launch would'nt it?

It takes time to undergo these tests & I heard/read Mr Ratan Tata saying(before Nano launch in india) that Nano was a safe car & would be going in for crash, etc testing.

BTW, Indians never asked for safety ever, so I don't think so that tests prior to India launch would have made diff. in sales.

The car in the pic seems to be non-europa version means seems to be indian version and if not, basically the body structure is same, its just that we arent getting any safety features but then its all due to price, so i dont think anybody should have problem with that, you just cant ask for safety feature at the price at around 1lac mark.

I think this Nano collided with a hot air balloon and the balloon floated away and Nano was stranded, badly bruised and battered. Result the Hot Air Balloon gets a ****EuroNCAP rating. smiley36.gif

VIDEO: Tata Nano gets its crash on

by Jeremy Korzeniewski on Jul 15th, 2009 at 12:28PM

tata_nano_crash_lead.jpg

Tata Nano European crash testing - Click above to watch the video after the break

To all those who thought reports of the Tata Nano passing European crash testing were worthless without pics, we now have a few of those plus one better: Video. It seems the actual Nano submitted for the 50 km/h side impact test and 56 km/h offset frontal impact test was a mildly fortified unit with some extra foam added to the cant rail (the structural member supporting the B-pillar), a reinforced front longitudinal structure, and some added structure behind the front bumper and in the front doors. A remotely-triggered airbag was also fitted for this test.

These comprehensive modifications were apparently enough to prompt Nic Fasci, the U.K. engineer running the tests, to say, "It looks no different from other cars doing this test. It's a good crash." Tata believes these results bode well for its chances of putting the Nano on European roads by 2012, when the Indian automaker is expected to debut a slightly larger version of the diminutive car complete with a full slate of safety equipment, including fully functional airbags.

Click here for a full rundown of the Tata Nano's European crash testing results and click past the break to watch the video. Hat tip to Darren J!

Durango Dude2009-07-15 17:50:12

Great news for the buyers. Breakthru by these guys(tata).

Since it s cheaper, people are thinking that it has cheaper & hence poor quality. From this news all will be ensured that they r getting worthy car for their bucks.