Bangalorean

BEST Car for about 4 Lakhs

Hey Guys,

Need ur help badly..... I'm planning to buy a car with a budget of Rs 4 lakhs.. This will be my first car. I've gone through all possible websites to find out wat r the cars that come in this range.... My options would be

1.Santro Xing GLS

2. Maruti ALTO Lxi

3. Palio Stile

4. Indica Vista

5. Chevy Spark

I need a really peppy engine as all youngsters do. Mileage should not be of much consideration. I favour the Santro and Spark, but many told me that Santro is not a new generation car and stuff. But I still feel its better compared to the other options. M really confused. Please give me ur valuable suggestions and help me out.

Palio is underpowered so forget it , the santro is old but still is competitive, vista won't suit the youngster image its more of taxi image, Spark looks cute and the engine is zippy and free revving too . The Ls spark costs 4.1lakhs on road and LT costs 4.45lakhs on road . My suggestion is fo for a black LS spark which is under your budget and fit alloy wheels which makes it look good and is a peppy vehicle .

You can consider the A star too but it is cramped.

Hey RSSH,

Thnx for ur reply... I too feel the A-star and Ritz are cramped up. I do not like their exteriors of both cars. So my option would be to go for the Santro or the Spark? I do like the spark but it a tag costlier than the Santro .. so just giving it a thought. Any idea wat is the difference btw Spark LS and Spark LT?

hi .... i feel that you should try for the i10 since the car in bangalore falls below 5 ex showroom and more over  the i10  feels a more up market compared to santro or spark and spark too can be a little crampy and the dull plastics could be  a little sad to look later ... consider the i10 1.1 irde era that cost 3,70,000   ...hi its up to you to decide ... so think over the i10

Spark Ls

ac

fr power window

power steering

left side rwmirror

spark LT

rear defogger

rear wash pipe

fog lamp

top rail ( mainly for decoration)

central locking

rear power window

also optional ABS which one should opt for ,don't opt for sparks alloys as they don't look good ,try some thing aftermarket

4.45lakhs + 20k for abs .

which is out of your budget

GLS santro is for 4.1 lakhs without as much features.

Hey Rssh' date='

Thanks a lot dude.... i'll now able to figure out whether to stretch my budget for extra features or just go for santro GLS....Info really is helping me.[/quote']

I am planning to buy a car within 4 lakh as well...I had considered Astar, palio stile 1.1 , vista safire and getz gle as options. I queried about the same in the auto car show on utvi, answered by the editor of autoCarIndia magazine. He said compared to all cars in the price segment, Vista safire has the best performance and its great on the space as well. getz gle was another option, but it has been discontinued.

vista won't suit the youngster image its more of taxi image' date=' Spark looks cute and the engine is zippy and free revving too . The Ls spark costs 4.1lakhs on road and LT costs 4.45lakhs on road . My suggestion is fo for a black LS spark which is under your budget and fit alloy wheels which makes it look good and is a peppy vehicle .

[/quote']

Its a wrong notion that vista has a taxi image attached. its the indica v2 diesel which runs as a taxi and not Indica vista, which has a different engine, new build and interiors. mercedes benz runs as a taxi in UK, that doesnt mean it is a bad car! smiley17.gif and regarding spark, after GM went bankrupt in US, they are offering huge discounts on the car. there is a discount of 47000 in bangalore right now and the sales consultant of chevvy himself said that the sales of spark are low.

i10 megna fits in your budget... I wonder you are getting it very costly there.. These days they are giving good discount...

I booked my i10 megna kappa  for around Rs. 3.96 Lacs... ready for delivery, but waiting for my car loan to be approved... check for discount... U will get it surely....smiley10.gif

i10 megna fits in your budget... I wonder you are getting it very costly there.. These days they are giving good discount...

?

I booked my i10 megna kappa? for around Rs. 3.96 Lacs... ready for delivery' date=' but waiting for my car loan to be approved... check for discount... U will get it surely....[/quote']

@Eshtyle_Raja:are you talking about the ex-showroom price of i10 magna...or otr price? what discounts did u get? and freebies? in bangalore otr of i10 magna is arnd 450000. they are offering free insurance plus corporate discount of 4000 here.

Hey guys,

Thnx for all your replies. i10 magna with a kappa engine for 3.96 lacs in bangalore is only a dream. Costs r high here...

@Anusha.. I agree that there are lots of changes in the Vista but somehow that name Indica makes me think more than twice :)

And I think we're wasting our energy comparing Indica and Mercedes Benz as taxi's. Here Indica is meant for rough use... Ford Fiesta and Ikon r used as taxis as well, but people still buy them because they're good vehicles.

As far as my 4 lac vehicle is concerned i've more or less decided on Santro GLS which is abt 4.1 lacs on road in bangalore. A proven car, reliable and at a very reasonable price. Any comments on this??

I agree about the comaprison being far fetched smiley17.gif santro gls is a good choice, but i think you could wait for a fortnight. the sales consultant of advaith hyundai in residency road said a new version of santro is coming up this month end. He was not sure what the added features were since hyundai has not made an official release. You could call them and check out though. what discount are they offering on santro gls? and which dealer are you planning to buy the car from?

Thats good news... new model. Thank u so much. I'm planning to buy it from Residency road dealer. But i've not yet approached them and I have no clue abt the discounts they're offering. Do you know by any chance wat is the delivery time after we book the car?

both trident and advaith are getting stingy on discounts.. on i10 era, they are offering free insurance and 3500 corporate discount. I think this is way too less because i10 era has the old santro engine. waiting period is not much for santro...a week or 10 days at the most. But if you are planning to buy the new version, then its a wait and see situation smiley1.gif

It seems you are not too bothered with looks and a fresh design and all that. What about the Getz there was a scheme on the car, it works in your range i guess, What do you think?

Yes buddy.. i think that is wat Anusha was talking abt... I would be going to the Residency road dealer today evening to find out more on that. If that is available by this month end it would be grt.... As far as Getz is concerned it is out of my budget...