Sign in to follow this  
bingo

Getting home All New Honda City 1.5 SMT

Dear All..

I am getting home the All New Honda City 1.5 SMT Tafeta White Colour on 20 Jul 09. I will be obliged if you can please tell me the points to be kept in mind while taking the delivery. Any points to be borne in mind or checks to be carried out. Thanks a ton.

bingo!!! 

I think with a Honda you should not have any issues but just take a test drive of the selected car to examine all aspects like steering drag, suspension noise underbody finish, tires, wheel rim dents, door gaps and noises dash integrity, colour finish.

The most shocking thing I have found on Honda cars is that the paint has a orange peel finish which shows how much cost cutting the company is doing. The paint should be inspected in bright day light and the area were the light bounces off be seen, if the paint finish is mirror like not a issue but if you see a suface similar to a surface on a orange peel the paint is defective, don;t touch it.

No you need to sample the car before you select a particular no, pre delivery after you have selected the car that the dealer does a PDI. PDI is also done at the factory but the rules of PDI with Honda seems to be different than worldwide would be interesting to compare this, can anybody get hold of the indian facotry PDI list and the one for Japan?

Sure you can, just go through the announcements section. You can use services like imageshack to post pictures. Your license doesn't allow to use the autocar server for uploading pictures.

By the way, congratulations on a brilliant choice.

FRG

Sure you can' date=' just go through the announcements section. You can use services like imageshack to post pictures. Your license doesn't allow to use the autocar server for uploading pictures.

By the way, congratulations on a brilliant choice.

FRG
[/quote']

Thanks a ton FRG..