rssh

Opel owners relish!!!

Today GM has given an advertizment for exchange of any opel vehicle corsa or astra and they regret the too low resale value of those vehicles and have given them resale values above 1.2lakhs before 2000 varient astras and good deal after 2000 model astras. This is a good deal to get some value of the opel cars offer is till 31july but you need to exchange vehicle with a optra which sort of weakens the deal as the optra is outdated now.

Thats like the share buyback that many companies offer to their shareholders to restore everyone's faith in the health of the company. Coming to GM's health I would like to avoid any comment, but only say that GM Asia Pacific is in very robust health as per media reports. This is because they don't sell outdated gas guzzlers, but Daewoo rebadged products, which is in keeping with the practical demand scenario in these markets.

The Opel offer is a very welcome move by GM in pursuit of (maybe excellence)faith restoration. Opels fetch very low prices in used car markets. The Astras are being scrapped too.

I hope other bike and car makers who made freak models like the Bajaj Stride, Rave, Bravo will also launch such buyback schemes. Kinetic has launched the most freak models of all I am sure. May be the Maruti Zen Estillo and the Sumo Grande( freak cars) will be offered for buyback by MSIL and TataMotors, ten years hence.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

anjan_c20072009-07-20 16:45:42

Good move, Astra's are worth next to nothing, and with age have heavy maintainence bills. It is best for owner's of these cars to go in for the Optra Magnum, which is also becoming a rare sight on our road's. I think its the retro '80's look of the Optra, that is repulsing buyers.

that is pretty interesting move. is there similar offer on matiz as well? that will help too...

Recently drove a new version of Chevy Aveo hatch back in US. Looks wise it was great. Any idea whether they are planning to bring this version of Aveo to India. The front of US version of Aveo looks like inspired from Audi.

Its a bad move! I think i will keep my Opel! Its far better than getting that Optra which has a very bad gearbox whcih keeps on getting bad all the time also the mileage is way too low. So its pointless. Maybe good for Astra owners but I am not sure if i'll ever get a GM car again!