I have owned Mahindra Scorpio and Innova thereafter. I was very much satisfied with these two. But when I needed a Upgradation, I bought a Ford Endeavour last year, owing it is  nothing less than a nightmare. The vehicle is very very bumpy, has very unsafe braking, high cost of maintence and worst than all service response of Ford. Any  now I know I have to part with atleast 5 L when I will sell it. That a very small amount for a big mistake I have made by buying a FORD. I have made up my mind for that.

I have a average running of 5000 km/month and want a replacement upto 20 lakhs preferable Diesel.

Which SUV I should buy.

Try the Chevrolet captiva or Hyundai Tucson or pajero or wait for Toyota Fortuner.

If Grand Vitara is diesel, i recommend go for it.

Or else you can go for either the captiva or Fortuner

Thanks winner48, very rightly suggested for Grand Vitara.. ops its petrol. I am eagerly waiting for Fortuner. Captiva noooooo its from GM. I have owned Corsa and Optra from GM and both the cars started eating money like anything after doing 50000 kms only.

Hi Vikas, it really pains to learn that after spending ~15L one is left unsatisfied!

Endeavour is an age old vehicle & Ford is just clinging to it in some markets, India being one underdeveloped market. It has its limitations due to the old platform, high floor & suspensions setting to name a few.

If you intend to sell your Endy, do it now as Ford is expected to bring in a newer version before Fortuners launch. This could potentially send the resale value further down!

For the new purchase, as suggested earlier Fortuner could be a good purchase. But keep in mind, it will be heavily priced due to being a Toyota!

Otherwise Captive is not a bad vehicle!

Another one around the corner is the upgraded Pajero, this should be a thoroughbred!

The old Pajero is, well too old..Its worth a look if you are a true off-roader or else wait for the Fortuner but it might be expensive..Presently the Endy is good and the Captiva is not bad either (except for the manual version which is Front wheel drive!!)