PREDATOR

Problem in my MARUTI ZEN

today i have given my car for service and when i brought it home a type   of spray sound starts coming from my car when i open the bonut the engine was very very warm and the collant was comming out like a hot spray and its cap was totally closed .

So anyone please tell me whats the broblem in my car ????

And before the service was done my car drinks up all the collant in just 1 week and i there is no lekage in my car as i have it in the machenic

Sounds like you car has blown its head gasket. Nothing else can cause that much pressure inside the coolant circuit.

Take it back to the MASS and show it to them - while driving there, keep an eye on the temperature gauge to avoid overheating.

You should get it fixed right away.

r they going to fix it free of cost

Why, is the car under extended warranty or something? I don't know if this will be covered under warranty - please check with your dealer/MASS.

@Predator

I advise you to check the Thermostat Valve.

Same problem had occurred in my Indigo XL Grand DiCOR. I replaced Thermostat Valve with New One and the Coolant Spraying stopped.

Head Gasket replacement costs a Bomb. So try replacing Thermostat Valve which costs Peanuts.

I think your Zen must be Out of Warranty. So no question of Free Replacement. And that is why I advised you to replace Thermostat Valve First and see whether the problem goes or not.

BTW, how many kms has your zen covered?

EDIT:

When I showed the coolant spraying problem to Tata Authorised Dealer, he told me to replace Head Gasket which will cost more than Rs.20,000/-.

But I replaced Thermostat Valve whose cost was Rs.650/-. I got it replaced under Warranty (Even though my Warranty had expired 4 months prior to this problem).

sudeepd2009-07-21 07:31:33

Looking at your mileage, it seems your car might need HG Replacement.

But still try my advice. First Replace the Thermostat Valve and verify

whether the coolant spillage stops or not since the valve replacement

will cost you few hundreds as against HG Replacement which costs

several thousands.

Does your car emit BLUE Smoke? If yes, then replace HG else give a try to my advice.

No my car dont emit blue smoke

Then you should try changing the Thermostat Valve.

But Please get it replaced in front of you.

I guess it would cost you around Valve- Rs.300-400/- + Labour Rs. 150-200/- Total 500-600/-.

Then use the car keeping Eagle's eye on the Temp. Gauge and Coolant Spillage.

If you still face the coolant spillage problem, you might have to replace HG.

Replacing HG will cost upwards of 4000-5000/- I guess.

HG is Head Gasket. I used Short Form of the same.

So what have you decided?

Did you replace the Thermostat Valve (since it is Very Cheap to replace as against Head Gasket)?

If not, get it replaced and see if the problem (coolant Spillage disappears or not. AND YES, PLEASE GET IT REPLACED IN FRONT OF YOU. The Mechanics can cheat you by not replacing it and telling you that they have replced it.

First you should have replaced only valve. If the problem did not get solve then go for Head Gasket Replacement.

Why to waste money on Head Gasket if only valve replacement can solve your problem?

just 800 bucks...that's a real steal...that's what's the speciality of maruti cars their spare parts are comparitively quiet cheaper than other manufacturers....btw 2.5 lakh kms is a lot of mileage !!!

hey i have changed my car's head gasket and my car is perfectly fine the cost was arround 800 rs

OK the Head Gasket cost you Rs.800/-. But what about Labour Charges?

Or is the Figure Rs.800/- is including the same?

I am very much SURPRISED smiley3.gif to see such a LOW Figure for Replacement of Head Gasket.

EDIT:

Anyways Congrats Predator.sudeepd2009-07-25 16:12:31