CYRUS43

AUTOCAR SCOOP: CIVIC FACELIFT

Autocar Reader KARAN MALIK recently spotted the new honda Civic Facelift being tested on the noida-greater noida expressway.

The car will also feature Steering mounted controls like the Honda City.

getattachmentmju.jpg

getattachment2uux.jpg

getattachment3dpu.jpg

getattachment4mih.jpg

getattachment5xrz.jpg

getattachment6m.jpg

I don't intend to hurt Civic Lovers. But if this actually is the official facelifted version of the Civic, then its way too Disappointing... Very bare minimal changes here & there (atleast from the exteriors). Infact i don't even see any changes to the rear tail lamps...

"The car will also feature Steering mounted controls like the Honda City."

Indian customers should be grateful for this mighty feature and be prepared for a price hike.

akj53in2009-07-23 15:49:18

Disappointing facelift. But knowing Honda I am sure they will hike the price by a significant amount for even such a minimal change.

I must say my respect for Civic fell a bit when I read the shootout in the month of May or June in Autocar between the following cars

New Laura vs Honda Civic vs Toyota Altis vs VW Jetta

They all cost near about the same and Laura was hands down the better car in pretty much all aspects.

Another occasion for Honda on going in for a "nominal" 50 or 60 k price hike. Today saw a client who was badly bruised, so I asked him if he had skidded off the bike, he had rammed his car into a wall after he lost control of the vehicle trying to avoid cows sitting on the ECR chewing cud at around 12 midnight , the airbag had deployed and the car was a Civic and he lived to tell the tale in my clinic today. I didn't want to add to his agony and left the conversation there, drawing a 'mental' pic of a battered Civic. So to all those who think they can do without safety systems and go for the barebones model of a car, heres what an SRS airbag can do, so with the ABS/EBD, all wheel discs, TCS, etc. A bit off topic, but I think its well within the ambit of Honda Civic.

i think their wont be any price hike cause as it is civic is in the territory of laura/jetta...civic's design is so futuristic that this car can survive in the market w/o a face-lift for another 5-6 yrs...it just needs a bit more bells and whistles and more variants to take care of every price-point !!!

Autocar Reader KARAN MALIK recently spotted the new honda Civic Facelift being tested on the noida-greater noida expressway.

The car will also feature Steering mounted controls like the Honda City.

Is the info on the steering mounted controls confirmed? 

Are you aware of any other changes to the interiors?

Can anyone confirm if ground clearance has / has not been increased?

Thanks

thanks bingo.  steering controls will just give them another excuse to hike prices. 

At this point, they really need to add features without a price hike.  They are pricey enough already.  But that's just wishful thinking.  They'll do another Honda and take the pricing further away for the City in anticipation of the mods to the upgrades to the City and the related price hikes.

@v12 power: You sure will see "sea" change when the price list comes out' date=' don't worry.[/quote']

smiley32.gif   smiley36.gif very good one indeed DD!

really that will be only difference and the painful difference! smiley18.gif

I used to love the Civic but after riding the new Altis must say the latter is much better. I think others feel the same too going by the sales in the last few months.