exorbitantly priced and ill equipped. Honda should stop using their

premium name and cheating customers by selling cars that are

significantly cheaper than their price tags. Agreed, the quality of the

cars are good, but they cannot match even a 5Lac VW polo in their build

quality. SO customers, grow up, see what you really want in a car, if

its space look at the LOGAN, for driving pleasure the FIESTA 1.6S or a

cheaper and no-nonsense SWIFT DZIRE. Just don't buy honda cars because

of the premium image they have. In fact in the US and EUROPE, HONDA is

to them like what MARUTI, HYUNDAI is to us.

We have discussed this topic for a really looong time now, mate. Please search posts related to this and then create a new thread.

Its a matter of choice and everyone is entitled to one. Overpricing of the car does not make Honda a bad car company!!

Honda has been getting away with its inflated pricing due to absence of any real competition to its models. As more and more premium brands with their superior models enter the fray, it will be forced out of its superiority. Though some people would not like my saying so, but the slide has already started. CRV has stopped selling - 0 sales for the last 3 months, Superb has overtaken Accord, and Altis has sold 8924 cars in Sep 08 to June 09 vs 5008 of Civic, a lead of 78%. Jazz will face tough challenge from i20 and Punto and when Polo comes, it will become an also-ran.

Honda has been getting away with its inflated pricing?due to absence of any real competition to its models. As more and more premium brands with their superior models enter the fray' date=' it will be forced out of its superiority. Though some people would not like my saying so, but the slide has already started. CRV has stopped selling - 0 sales for the last 3 months, Superb has overtaken Accord, and Altis has sold 8924 cars in Sep 08 to June 09 vs 5008 of Civic, a lead of 78%. Jazz will face tough challenge from i20 and Punto and?when Polo comes, it will become an also-ran. [/quote']

I agree with you. I could hardly see a new Honda, except the city. I've seen only one Jazz till today. With competition getting more tougher, Honda will be paid for its premium pricing.

Honda have to reduce its prices ......... otherwise ppl will start to say

"WHY SO SERIOUS ABOUT HONDA"  try another brand

LOLZzzzzzzzz why so serious advertisement.... smiley21.gif

I never bought Honda  in my driving and owning cars of 30 years and probably will not buy till they make solid car with futuristic features and reasonable price.

In india many people buy car as show off therefore its selling but not for long because compititors are up on the ante.

I never bought Honda  in my driving and owning cars of 30 years and probably will not buy till they make solid car with futuristic features and reasonable price.

In india many people buy car as show off therefore its selling but not for long because compititors are up on the ante.

You said the naked truth. Most of the people do not even know what all

features their car should possess, what all are their personal requirements.

They simply look to their neighbours' porch and end up buying the same model or a higher version just because they want to show that HUM KISISE KUM NAHI. The number of people who will do a test drive of different brands and models before buying their vehicle are very rare. May be the Autocar forum members and some other car enthusiasts will do a test drive. If all the customers do test drives and make decision according to their needs I am damn sure that the market shares of hot selling models will come down. I know it wont happen any day because it is hard to change the mind set and there are other factors such as After Sales Service, Resale Value, Brand Image etc. Honda will definitely bring down their prices when they face the real competition in the future. Till then I wish Honda a successful day light robbery.smiley20.gif

I know that Honda makes decent cars, even if on the higher side of price.

But having said that, i will NEVER buy a Honda.

I dont know why, but over the years, i have developed a certain dislike towards Honda products and its on the verge of Hatred, but guys i CAN'T HELP IT.

AHEM.

"In India, the Honda City is actually considered an upscale car. In fact, often it is even chauffered driven. So the owner will more probably be sitting in the back seats rather than in the driver's seat. India domestic market Honda Cities actually comes with an audio remote control as an optional accessory, for the owner to control the sound system from the rear seats"

source : http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/3GCityTrivia/index.html

"The air-cond works well and even in hot weather, the rear passenger gets plenty of cooling. This is important because Honda explains that in countries like India, the Honda City is actually considered a higher end car and some are actually chauffered driven. So rear comfort is considered crucial. This could also be the reason why the Ultra-seats were deleted, because Honda could not extract a high enough level of comfort from them to meet the chauffered driven role."

source :

http://asia.vtec.net/Reviews/3GCity1Drive/index.html

It's always been this way. We Indians have been cheated with glitzy adverts and conned into thinking that owning a higher priced car proves that you are owning something which is "considered" as High end.vr.462009-07-24 13:39:17

You always have the option to vote with your chequebook!

If you addressed it to me, then I have already voted against Honda by buying Altis over Civic / City and I am very happy and so should be 8924 other Altis owners who did not buy Civic

akj53in2009-07-24 15:20:35

I agree Honda cars are way overpriced even though they are very reliable. When we got the 2nd gen. City in 2003 end it costed us 7.3 lacs on-road, even the Accord and CRV were priced well that time and Civic S was also decently priced.

Success has gone over the head of Honda and they are charging a premium nowadays on all it's models.

As sgiitk said we can decide which car to opt for.tanmay872009-07-24 17:59:28

i read in one of the interviews from honda's designer saying that the jazz costs more to produce than the city. is that right? if thats the case then the city should be pricced lower than the jazz right? just think of the margin with what they are selling the city...

i read in one of the interviews from honda's designer saying that the jazz costs more to produce than the city. is that right? if thats the case then the city should be pricced lower than the jazz right? just think of the margin with what they are selling the city...

that's right, he did - I remember reading that too. great point. someone should have you interview honda smiley36.gif

Though launched more than a month back, the Jazz is yet to take off saleswise.I guess only a very few are being sold.A hatch is a hatch is a hatch even if you (or the company) call it any other name. <?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Who will like to pay Rs 8 L or more for such a hatch? Its not the iconic Fiat 500 or the Mini but the Jazz.

I'll be the happiest person to see a price correction for the Jazz.

Honda prices its spares exhorbitantly and the poor car user has no other alternative.The company and the A.S.S.'s are having a field day (and night too)!

anjan_c20072009-07-24 19:02:01

honda has to do what they did to civic hybrid to all their models that they sell across india, i personally like and love all honda cars but their attitude towards indian customers is making me hate them,i would have bought the city if they had priced it a lakh lesser, currently if i get a city and add a fog lamp(17k) and honda alloy wheels(11k per wheel) to it the on road price in blore comes to more than 10.5 lakhs. there are also news that city is going to get an upgrade and a V trim in th enext couple of months, and that there is going to be a price hike after the upgrade.i am not sure what they are thinking about indian customers. Are they not feeling the heat from the customers, cant we write to them or do something about it?

well I would have emailed them the link to this page, but are you aware that Honda has no email ID for feedback from customers? sure they have a feedback section, but that is narrowed into forms that you need to fill out for specific complaints - there is NO email option to send in your comments or feedback

see for yourself at http://www.hondacarindia.com

hmmm. seems like they really don't care what their customers think at all.

of course there is a dedicated email ID in case you want to become a Honda dealer. so let's see - you can write to them if you want to make them money, or buy something. else they don't want to hear from you.

diablo379892009-07-24 21:01:45

Though launched more than a month back' date=' the Jazz is yet to take off saleswise.I guess only a very few are being sold.A hatch is a hatch is a hatch even if you (or the company) call it any other name.

Who will like to pay Rs 8 L or more for such a hatch? Its not the iconic Fiat 500 or the Mini but the Jazz.

I'll be the happiest person to see a price correction for the Jazz.

Honda prices its spares exhorbitantly and the poor car user has no other alternative.The company and the A.S.S.'s are having a field day (and night too)!

[/quote']

absolutely anjan, what honda does is enjoys their brand value in india, where honda is the most superior for buyers who wants is Honda badge without looking into the features,power and overall package of cars, andyes Jazz would surely see some correction in coming days, how horrible to see that a 8L+ car is not equippped with atleast fog lamps and company charges premium on to this too.wow!

Honda cars are definately overprised... but then honda in india has it own market. The choice is completely personal. Its your decission whether to get one or not. No one is forcing to get this overprised car. And words like Hartal and Revenge can't do a sh*t to the Hondas.