ROYM5

Overpricing Of Honda Cars

Pl see foll. news on http://burnyourfuel.com/2009/08/02/cars/honda-siel-july-2009-sales-figure/

Honda Siel Cars reports a 12% increase in sales during July 2009, at 4,857 units as against 4,337 units sold in July 2008. The company sold 17,625 units in the period April-July 2009, as against 16,412 units in the year-ago period, an increase of 7.4%. HSCI sold 3,268 units of the City, 1,037 units of the Jazz, 299 units of the Civic, 223 units of the Accord and 30 units of the CR-V, during July this year.

In my view spending 11 lacs on a barebones car(ANHC) with even no alloys, climate control, etc..that are found in a 6 lac car, is pure waste of money. Honda cars are sure overpriced. But it won't take time for people to avoid buying a Honda, let's wait for a year or two.

There are lot of people who buy cars just for name and looks. They don't know about any features, they dont take TD, they just buy because someone they know brought it and said it is a great car. Unless such people are there Honda will continue to sell cars in India.

There are lot of people who buy cars just for name and looks. They don't know about any features' date=' they dont take TD, they just buy because someone they know brought it and said it is a great car. Unless such people are there Honda will continue to sell cars in India.[/quote']

This theory holds good for all the cars!! I dont know why you are behind Honda. There are people who buy Suzukis, Fiats, Tatas on the same grounds!!

Expensive price of Hondas do not make it a bad car!!!

There are lot of people who buy cars just for name and looks. They don't know about any features' date=' they dont take TD, they just buy because someone they know brought it and said it is a great car. Unless such people are there Honda will continue to sell cars in India.[/quote']

?

This theory holds good for all the cars!! I dont know why you are behind Honda. There are people who buy Suzukis, Fiats, Tatas?on the same grounds!!

Absolutely correct. Here is a fact that I took with bitter pinch of salt when I visited ford dealership. He informed me that among all the petrol sedans sold in the country, ANHC sells highest average per month followed by dzire and then SX4. This clearly tells us the two different mindsets. One which has the budget to get honda city, one which has a lower budget. None of these two mindsets care about the features, else SX4 would have set the sales chart on fire. What the first mindset wants is comfort, class, and overall a great car. While the other mindset wants is affordability and max value for money. So they are very conscious about A.S.S also which they get from Maruti.

So basically car makers have two ways to attain better nos. than ANHC.

1. Get the brand image of the costlier car. Make cars that exude class, and price it with Honda.

2. Give an assured A.S.S with affordability.

I am happy for fiat fans that fiat has chosen a right path, dividends of which it will get in i think 2 years time, if it continues to provide good A.S.S.

As for my above theory you can just see the early sales of SX4, when it was going head to head with the city. That gives us proof what affordability can do.

?

This theory holds good for all the cars!! I dont know why you are behind Honda. There are people who buy Suzukis, Fiats, Tatas?on the same grounds!!

Suzukis, Tatas and Fiats are sold at a relatively less price with more features. But Honda is in a different league. Their engine and Japanese reliability are their strengths, but that dosesn't justify the premium pricing. But it also depends on the buyer's preferences, if he likes Honda's strengths, he'll go for it in spite of less features. After all its their money.

This theory holds good for all the cars!! I dont know why you are behind Honda. There are people who buy Suzukis, Fiats, Tatas on the same grounds!!

I never said it is a bad car. I am saying it is only a overpriced car with less features than other cars and it is selling only because of brand name and reasons stated above.

?

?

I never said it is a bad car. I am saying it is only a overpriced car with less features than other cars and it is selling only because of brand name and reasons stated above.

I think sharash you are absolutely wrong i think honda is a very expensive car to purchase and its cars are only being sold on premium because of its reputation which he had made after nov 2007

Sorry, after nov 2004 by launching its new honda city exi worth rs 680000 only . And i will praise honda for the planning they had done first launching a car at a very cheaper rate and after year by year making every indian pockets empty thinking that we indians are fools

Guys, i am not commenting further on wether HONDA is taking Indians for granted or Honda is a expensive car.

I have said what i felt was right and there would be difference of opinions on everything on this earth.

I personally believe Hondas are worth every penny a customer pays. I can tell this because my father has a first gen Honda and still serves him like a dream! It was a expensive car when he bought it. He would not trade it in for anything and would not allow me to touch it without him being in the car!

Thats the quality and brand value Honda commands and a premium paid for such a feeling is worth it. I would love to own a Honda and have that kind of feeling after 10 years of ownership. I would not cry about the fact that i had to spend more to get it.

Again as i said, everyone is entitled for their own opinions and I have mine and I stick by it smiley1.gif 

Even my father in law has first gen Palio still loves it but he let it drive to others knowing that nothing can happen to the car. He also has SX4 but when he has to go to his dusty home town in UP he only has faith in Palio and his driver is after this car so much that I can't tell you becuase he is also from rural Haryana and to go to his village, he needs this only solid car to take him there.

Good News for u all.........

Pricer ANHC is getting an update in end of Sept. Now it will be called U(pdated)ANHC and would also cost more.

Changes would be in interiors especially Dashboard.

V variant would also be launched but is expected without Alloys.......SADsmiley19.gif

Good News for u all.........

Pricer ANHC is getting an update in end of Sept. Now it will be called U(pdated)ANHC and would also cost more.

Changes would be in interiors especially Dashboard.

V variant would also be launched but is expected without Alloys.......SADsmiley19.gif

Thank God,  Honda is not increasing the tyre pressure. They will charge even for filling air. Then they will proclaim that its not simply air but its Hydrogen which starts with "H".smiley2.gifjimgeo2009-08-14 15:24:39

Hey Everyone... I am completely agreeing with Sharash... Honda's are actually worth the penny you pay for it.. Do you OWN a HONDA ? U DONT...thats why you all are saying like this. Ask any honda customer. If u ask 100 people i'd say 96 will be happy. Honda has made its reputation in the indian market. Why havent the other companies been able to make that reputation? Why'? Its simple, cuz they could not live up to the standards that honda was giving to its customers. The Car, The Quality, The Trust. I live here in North India, and guess what , if there are any 10 year old cars i'd see on the road, they are the OLD GEN HONDA's. .. the engine.. so fine that its even running cool after 10 years. mind it, we dont get to see 10 year old lancers, astra's  etc etc..and yea, talking about overpricing, we all know they charge more for everything. Indeed much much more, even i felt i was paying hefty when i was gonna buy my city, but it pays you back. Honda cars never let you down. Have you ever seen a Honda car stranded on a highway? NEVER.. i've always seen Taveras nd safari's stranded... bt honda? neverr...and yeah i'd like to mention here another company thats making real progress..i.e. in comparison to honda. HYUNDAI.  Even Hyundai cars have better engines than the lancers etcc...

Sorry I hope i didnt hurt anyone in my text. No Offences.

The Car' date=' The Quality, The Trust. I live here in North India, and guess what , if there are any 10 year old cars i'd see on the road, they are the OLD GEN HONDA's. .. the engine.. so fine that its even running cool after 10 years. mind it, we dont get to see 10 year old lancers, astra's  etc etc..

[/quote']

so then Premier should be charging lots more than Honda for all the Padminis we see everywhere?

That is only in Bombay buddy. Go out of Bombay' date=' and a 1100 is a rarity. [/quote']

fair enough. ambassadors then. ashok leyland trucks. TATA buses. point is, India has loads of ancient vehicles that still get the job done. how many 20 year old locally made Hondas have we seen?

Hahahaa.... look at us.. where have we drifted from the topic.

We are talking about cars , and not about trucks. talk about ambassadors? dude they are refurbished and overhauled.

Dont know about trucks, but will soon let  know . Tata buses...hmmm.... will tell u about that too...pretty soon....but amongst the cars, its the Honda'z... acha ok..tel me ... why is the image of the hondas on the top of all others ? lets have a discussion on this....

so then Premier should be charging lots more than Honda for all the Padminis we see everywhere?

hahaha.....u've made me smile buddy... but the fact is that here , i mean in north india, for every 100 honda city's you see, you see just one Premier Padmini... Not even 1 i guess...

Actually, I have a 12 year OLD Astra Petrol and today also it makes many new cars feel ashamed of when taken on highways. The ride quality is superb. It feels more planted on highways than even Accord. The only way to get your car moving smoothly even after many years is to get it serviced properly and get it maintained only from Authorised service station with original Spare Parts. And for better Performance, I use POWER Petrol from BP. Its really effective.