ROYM5

Overpricing Of Honda Cars

it is true that honda cars are good but do not offer value for money if the whole package is considered. it is upto the people to decide wisely where they want to put in their money. lets see for how long honda can ride their luck on their brand image.

THEY HAVE SIMPLE REASON.THE COMPANY SAYS THEY HICK PRICE DUE TO FLUCTUATING PRICE OF DOLLAR VS RUPEES.IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO COPE WITH IT.AS THEY MAINLY IMPORT PARTS FROM JAPAN AND ASSEMBLE IT IN THEIR G.NOIDA PLANT.

THEY HAVE SIMPLE REASON.THE COMPANY SAYS THEY HICK PRICE DUE TO FLUCTUATING PRICE OF DOLLAR VS RUPEES.IT IS VERY DIFFICULT TO COPE WITH IT.AS THEY MAINLY IMPORT PARTS FROM JAPAN AND ASSEMBLE IT IN THEIR G.NOIDA PLANT.

which is why of course they reduced prices when the dollar fell against the rupee over the last couple of years?

don't buy the salespeak

lets see for how long honda can ride their luck on their brand image.

hmmmm....already been more than half a decade for their luck... hahaha...! seemz like quite a few more decades for their luck to continue ... Honda rocks.... God Bless Honda...keep coming up with those refined engines.... I-Vtec Rulez....!

Honda Siel Cars India (HSCI) Ltd., sold 4,102 units in the month of August'09 as against 3,945 units sold during the corresponding month last year recording an increase of 4%.

The company sold 21,727 units during the fiscal year period April-August' 09 as against 20,357 units during the same period last year recording an increase of 6.7%.

Model wise sales break-up:  Jazz: 1029, City: 2536; Civic: 231; Accord: 229; CR-V: 77

(Source:http://www.hondacarindia.com/mediaCenter/view_press_releases.aspx?pr_id=179)

Aaj Ki Taaza Khabar(really hot). Honda has decided to launch Updated City and its V Variant along with facelifted Civic on 8/9Sept(My sources-8th,SVP-9th).City's launch preponed due to heavy fall in sales of City in the month of Aug (2536 Vs 326...8 in July), apprxly. 22.4% fall. Even confirmed by Honda Dealer. They say on 10th, u'll b able test drive both(city & civic).smiley15.gif

~1000 is an impressive figure for Jazz but I haven't seen on road. I think the nos. will decline once the initial euphoria dies down.

it depends over the place you use to travel, for example i travel usually over NH-8 and had seen atleast 15 Jazz so far.

infact a guy has got it near my home too smiley2.gif

If that is true then Toyota must be importing their parts from Bangladesh or Vietnam because they have consistantly given more gadgets than Civic in Altis.

smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

New Civic is coming on 8th september.

Upgraded city will come soon after that.

V M/T will be priced at Rs. 8,87,000

V A/T will be priced at Rs. 9,55,000

(prices are indicative and ex-showroom Delhi, final prices may vary. Expect S M/T prices to be unchanged.)

Source TB.sidindica... thnx buddy.

@Endless' date=' please stick to forum rules. Posting excessive smilies & reply with no content is prohibited.[/quote']

sorry for excessive smileys, but don't say that my post doesn't has any contents.

Can anyone please tell if the new city has new features or new looks as well?

Just two months back' date=' papa purchased the ANHC. So would like to noe if there are external changes as well?
[/quote']

No Buddy, No External Changes. CONFIRMED.

Only Cosmetic changes!

There's no change in the shape etc ... what i've come to know is that there are interior cosmetic changes like better plastics like a new A/C knobs etc. Very minor changes. The major changes are in the new variant V . It includes fog lamps and alloys. No change in the physical structure of the car. The S MT is expected to be remain the same price and the V variant is expected to be around 80k more expensive..!

And dont worry, your dad didnt lose anything by buying the S MT, minor cosmetics wont make much difference.! Enjoy the Hondaxperience..!

I am not sure why change the interior plastics now only 1 year after launch the older city model will naturally have lower resale value

alloy wheels =40k

fog lamp=28k

rear defogger=6k

better quality plastic + premium= 15k

overall 90k increase in price for V varient

+ ACC=20k

+leather upostophy=20k

total=130k if these 2 are also provided.

On road price for V varient = 9.8 +1.3=11.1lakhs

Segment price differnce= 11.1- say 8.6 =2.5lakhs

still many will buy it Honda brand value is all in Indian head.