ROYM5

Overpricing Of Honda Cars

Jazz: 2000 - 1000 - 1000 - 500 Oct it may sale around 250 max numbers..

I went to honda showroom & saw the Jazz it is very good vehicle.. If Honda reduces the price by 1 lac.. it will sale like hot cake..

@cartoos

what are you saying?

The way indians have rejected Jazz is correct or not??

Should we also do the same for other honda cars??

I feel we (indians) are smart enough to decide what to reject. Its high time the car makers realize they cannot sell any damn thing if they cross the actual price limits.

Honda's city, civic and crv are priced the highest in their respective segments. Yet they command the best sales. People paid premium for their quality and reliability. But Honda went over board with Jazz and was rightly punished by the people. 

These are not my words but lifted from other forum, are very well written that's why i am posting here.

This is surely overpriced - Daylight robbery mentioned in one of the comment is quite right.

Although I own a Honda - no dobt they are well built car, but Hondas are always overpriced. And the sales behave in a manner as if they are the boss. Not a single penny discount, No freebies, No offers. They surely are cheating, just because they sell & we Indians love the Honda Badge.

Small car with small engine 1.2L gets excise benefit & Honda is not passing this benefit to customers, if you compare the price with city. The car is just about 8% cheaper & looking at the specs & size it should have been cheaper by 15-20% than city & then further benefit of excise, so even after all the (so called) technology, it should have been cheaper by 20-25% i.e. about 6L would be the right price. Such approach may now alarm Indian Govt. to raise the excise, saying when people can buy 7L worth of car they can pay higher excise too & all other manufacturers & customers would suffer.

I wish they should not get away with this & people of India must reject this product. Honda needs to be taught a lesson from consumers of India. There are many other options in this budget as explained by few of you that would be better buys. Even being a Honda customer & happy with the product (there's nothing else) I will stop all I know from buying a Honda & specially Jazz & I too will never buy another honda product any more, just because I feel they have started to cheat Indian consumers. Its not just the initial price, When all other manufacturers are talking service interval of 10000 to 20000, Honda still sticks to 5000 - making huge money every service. I hate going to service centre every 2 months! All cars are over priced & Jazz is too much. Honda has crossed their limit.
RKshekher

Even the city's sales has dropped despite the festive season and new variants.

You are wrong there. City's sales have jumped up to nearly 5000 units so city is not facing a decline. We have yet to see a car to do permanent damage to city's sales. The one that came closest was SX4 having gone ahead of city for a month and then regularly selling around 2000 units. Lets see what the new SX4 can do to City, otherwise we have to wait for Toyota and Volkswagen. No one else can come close to it.

Line containing garbage deleted from the quote.

sgiitk2011-06-25 04:44:33

Its too early to say that Honda can stand the competition in near future.

Sep. sales does not reflect much because of various reasons.

Let Fiat get its foot hold for while then see, as it is they have left some marks on City by making them to upgrade it within few months of its launch.

I don't want to argue here with Honda lovers but want them to understand that there are better and cheaper cars available today in the market and snob value won't work for long.

hmmmm....my post 2 years back has materialized now. Honda have now accepted their overpricing and corrected the price of the city, after being lambasted by competition . It will be only a short wait for the price cuts of other models.

Seeing the amount reduced by Honda I suspect atleast 70k profit per car was earned by the company alone and 40-50 k by the dealers itself per car sold. When I was in the market for a new car 2 years earlier the city fitted nicely but the price was really hard to bite and I can see now that I made a good enough choice.

I have a feeling that the Rajasthan plant is coming on-stream, so the volume will go up.The new Fit (Jazz) has been announced and an updated City is expected in a couple of months. So the price drop may be just inventory cleaning.

Well,Sgiitk has caught the real point.I too have seen a new Honda plant near Dharuhera(Haryana-Raj. border) on the way to Alwar.But I think the plant has come to life and production is either started or is around the corner.

These discounts etc etc are surely being given to clean then inventory.Is it true that Jazz is getting the 1.5 i-Vtec?

I don't think that jazz is ever going to get a the 1.5lt engine. Remember the 1.2lt was developed specifically for the jazz in India . Adding a bigger engine on an overpriced and less volume car with increasing fuel cost is a headache for any manufacturer . They need to drop the price of Jazz by 80k to keep it moving and rebuild its image somewhat .

The CRV is nowaday a rare breed of SUV and I can hardly ever see a new one on the roads. Honda needs to get the diesel Accord asap so attack at Skoda and VW . Also if the beautiful i45 or new Sonata is launched Honda will get big beating . Also the launch of ix35 is near the competition @ 20-25 lakhs will become to intense .

When does the new City hit showrooms...?

It's the same old City with a cut price, that's all there's nothing new in it. It doesn't have to "hit" the showrooms its already there.

Durango Dude2011-06-26 03:38:03

smiley36.gif Durango:

What a great response?

+1..I too agree with Durango that the price-cut city is already in showrooms and if you are thinking of new feature loaded City then you may have to wait for next four-five months.But be ready to pay a good amount for that.

From diesel I remembered.

I think Honda was also working on a diesel engine,am I right?

Any details about the diesel Honda,its arrival?

Has Honda built a diesel before or its the first time they are building one?

There's no new city atleast for 2 years. It's just the effect of competition and the lack of diesels.

There's going to be a Mid Life Facelift on ANHC after the launch of Brio.

So the current price cut could very well be a clearence sale.

creativebala2011-07-25 05:08:55